PDA

View Full Version : pulling, smoothing, adjusting,and primping

Kelsy
12-25-2006, 08:42 AM
I constantly study the ggs and watch how they move and interact. The mannerisms etc. I have noticed that the girls are alway pulling at their clothing. pants up, shirts down, cover here and there. adjust the hair, check the face etc. Men and mens wardrobes don't require nearly as much attention
Drab clothing just hangs there. not much to do. It has been a happy discovery to find that when dressed in femm I find myself with the adjusting routine. Anyone find themselves doing the same. What clothing needs the most adjusting??

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Jennifer

Amy Hepker
12-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Well Ya! A Lady wants to look perfect all the time. I am tall at 6'2" and find it hard to find things that fit just right. It's also a matter of everytime you sit down and stand up that everything needs adjusting. Especially polyester, satin, silk, and like garments. They tend to slide around more. It's just part of being Female.

Marcie Sexton
12-25-2006, 08:49 AM
You're not the only one that watches the gg's...so do I:D , if I can pick up just one thing to help make me I use it...my wife and I also have little training sessions where she has me walk and I'm learning to develope a gg voice...

I must confess though I have also picked up on one bad habit from the gg's...
I'll see a gg with an outfit on and scrutinize her throughly and think to my self, how much better I'd look in it than her...:rolleyes:

My wife tell me that is cattieness, a sure fire step in the right direction...:heehee:

Monique_Lynn
12-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Funny but true, pantyhose up, skirts down, bra straps back on the shoulders etc.
Merry Christmas all.
ginger

Billie1
12-25-2006, 09:06 AM
My SO is always commenting how I "fidget" constantly when dressed. She says it drives her crazy! (I, of course, return with the comment that it would be a short drive, ya cudda walked:tongueout ) I favor very tight-fitting clothing, so I'm always adjusting, smoothing, etc. A girl's got to look her best, you know!

Penny
12-25-2006, 09:08 AM
For sure, adjustments are necessary for a woman and even more so when you are not one!

:hugs:

Penny

Kate Simmons
12-25-2006, 09:57 AM
Er-- Yeah but I find myself doing the same thing when I present as Richard. I musta flunked that test, huh? I feel is just as important to look you're best no matter what you have on. Maybe there's not so much to adjust as I guy but I refuse to look like a slob either way, especially if you have to interface with friends in your private life or co-workers on the job. Like I said, there may be more to "fuss" with when I'm being Ericka but it basically amounts to the same thing--looking presentable and I have a certain amount of pride in myself either way. Just being a guy doesn't give you a license to look sloppy for sure. :happy: Ericka Kay

EjayeCD
12-25-2006, 10:16 AM
That's how I get the mannerisms down. The problem is that I do fem mannerisms unconsciously in drab.

Kelsy
12-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Er-- Yeah but I find myself doing the same thing when I present as Richard. I musta flunked that test, huh? I feel is just as important to look you're best no matter what you have on. Maybe there's not so much to adjust as I guy but I refuse to look like a slob either way, especially if you have to interface with friends in your private life or co-workers on the job. Like I said, there may be more to "fuss" with when I'm being Ericka but it basically amounts to the same thing--looking presentable and I have a certain amount of pride in myself either way. Just being a guy doesn't give you a license to look sloppy for sure. :happy: Ericka Kay

That's how I get the mannerisms down. The problem is that I do fem mannerisms unconsciously in drab.

For sure Ericka, There is no excuse ( unless hell I'm a guy is excuse enough)for a guy to look sloppy plus its easy, make sure the shirts tucked in and maybe straighten the tie if you wear one!!!

I find Ejaye , that I'm doing the walk - you know head up, shoulders back, elbows in , small steps and a litle wiggle:D

Jennifer

Joy Carter
12-25-2006, 11:00 AM
I find Ejaye , that I'm doing the walk - you know head up, shoulders back, elbows in , small steps and a litle wiggle:D

Jennifer

Yeah and isn't so wonderful that it makes me feel so good about who I am.

Kate Simmons
12-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Thinking about it again though, Jennifer, it must be the fact that the "girL" comes out in me even when I'm a "guy". Can't get rid of that neatness freak Ericka despite myself. Oh well, nature of the "beast" I guess. So, live with it Richard (And like it!) or else. :heehee: Ericka Kay

marie354
12-25-2006, 05:26 PM
I've always watched and admired them as long as I can remember. My SO says that my wiggle was one of the things that attracted her... Who knows just how different we look to others sometimes.
:hugs:

Cristi
12-25-2006, 08:10 PM
One thing I have a constant eye on is how women move in a skirt or dress. After all these years of CDing (and probably spending WAY more total time in a skirt than most GGs out there), I still feel very conscious of what I am wearing at every moment. I am always wondering just how much 'smoothing' I should do with my skirt as I sit, how to gracefully get into and out of a car (while keeping the skirt in place), etc.

While I spend lots of time smoothing, adjusting and straigtening, I look at GGs dressed the same and see them doing none of that.

For instance, when I see a GG in a knee lenght skirt sit in a chair, many times she doesn't smooth the skirt under herself... she just sits. I know, from wearing the same king of things and seeing how the skirt is arranged, that it probably isn't even under her, but more likely bunched up behind her. I just can't sit like this even though I try to do it the same way. I find myself being too self-conscious about it.

Another example is getting into a car. I see a woman getting into a car just as if she were wearing pants... not a thought to what the skirt is doing. I, on the other hand, sit... then straighten, then tug the hem down, then arrange things until the material is smoothed over my legs and not bunched up on the seat under me. I wish I could 'just sit' but it just doesn't feel right to me.

The thing I enjoy about being dressed all day is that I stop thinking about it and just sit, without over-thinking it or even realizing what I am doing.

Theresa(TGirl)
12-26-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm guessing that women don't do as much of the "smoothing" thing because they have gotten used to the way stuff does, and well, women tend to at times like to be "comfy" too and tend to "slob" up a bit.

Cathy J
12-26-2006, 06:27 AM
I agree it takes a lot of adjusting to look and feel right. I seem to spend a lot of time primping my hair. Mainly to keep it out of my eyes so I can see. I certainly wouldn't use hair-spray.

Happy New Year!

Rachel Morley
12-26-2006, 03:47 PM
I often find myself getting into the car (in boy mode) in jeans but acting as if I was wearing a short skirt. Bottom in first, knees and ankles together and swivel and turn your legs into the car.

As far as adjusting clothes is concerned, yep, totally. I'm often adjusting my bra strap (both in boy and girl mode) pulling down my skirt, smoothing, my top etc.

Naomi
12-26-2006, 04:10 PM
I constantly study the ggs and watch how they move and interact. The mannerisms etc. I have noticed that the girls are alway pulling at their clothing. pants up, shirts down, cover here and there. adjust the hair, check the face etc. Men and mens wardrobes don't require nearly as much attention
Drab clothing just hangs there. not much to do. It has been a happy discovery to find that when dressed in femm I find myself with the adjusting routine. Anyone find themselves doing the same. What clothing needs the most adjusting??

Jennifer

Im the same, i also find myself looking in mirrors more.

Shelly Preston
12-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Yes

I find myself adopting mannerisms that could be described as female

Smoothing of a skirt of which is only one act I find I have to be conscious off

Julie York
12-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Sorry to spoil the party but...the reason women do these things isn't because it is some 'girly' affectation. They do it because the damn skirt won't lie right, the bloody bra strap dropped off her shoulder and stupid make-up is smudgable. If you wear those same things, you end up doing the same things, for the very same reasons.

If women put a couple of eggs down their pants they'd be adjusting them occasionally and not cross their legs with such lack of caution.:D

Joy Carter
12-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Sorry to spoil the party but...the reason women do these things isn't because it is some 'girly' affectation. They do it because the damn skirt won't lie right, the bloody bra strap dropped off her shoulder and stupid make-up is smudgable. If you wear those same things, you end up doing the same things, for the very same reasons.

If women put a couple of eggs down their pants they'd be adjusting them occasionally and not cross their legs with such lack of caution.:D

Pretty preceptive of you Julie. :lol2:

I think we are sometimes going over board with this. I too had the same mind set. But now I just go for comfort and what looks good to me. The hang with what others may think.:D

Kate Simmons
12-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Julie and Joy have it on the money as far as I'm concerned. To be quite honest, I don't think women really do "feminine" things to validate their femininity, they do such things because they are practical, such as sitting down and pulling their dress down so some "perv" doesn't get a free show, or fussing with their hair (because they really have it). When I'm Ericka, I don't walk around like a football player (well, maybe sometimes:heehee: )but I don't go out of my way to do anything "feminine" either, I just kind of act like myself(whatever THAT means)and go about my business. I think most of these "acquired" mannerisms stem from the fact that WE may be ultra conscious of our appearance because WE are doing our best to look and act like women. Women don't act like "women" though, they act like themselves.Go figure! Works for me.:happy: Ericka Kay

Gisele
12-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Yep, I do all of the time. Mainly my hair! I love my hair but it is synthetic and it never lays right on my back. It just loves to tangle. I will be getting a human hair wig and it will be down to the middle of my back.

RobertaFermina
12-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Especially the Hair, Collar, Sleeves.

As for touching myself, and dwelling in mirrors - face it girls, this one is quite the Narcissist. I consider it a sign of health that I get bored looking at myself and just NEED to get out there and see how others see me.

When I do that, I want to look my best.

Of course, when I am completely 'seen' by someone, it is all about heart-to-heart connection and looks be damned - something much more important is going on ! Being celebrated and enjoyed makes me glow and my posture aligns effortlessly.

So I would think, if women are something like me, that all that rearrangement is preparation and nervousness which falls away when we are perfectly comfortable.

Hugs!

Roberta

flatlander_48
12-26-2006, 09:29 PM

Jennifer

Hmmm. Probably bras and the tops of high waisted girdles need adjusting the most. However, there is one thing that I do find hilarious about women wearing very short skirts. They seem to be constantly pulling them down. If it is that much of an issue, perhaps they should be wearing something else...

Stephenie S
12-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Golly Gee, Jennifer, get some clothes that fit right.

Steph

lori m crawford
12-26-2006, 10:16 PM
frost of all hope everybody got what they wonted for xmas but i have to say a thing or to about being a cd ts or a gg women back when i started crossdressing i look at my mon ants an my school teathers an how they dress but i am rell sorry most women dont but i gess the have the right i gess one day we will be the oney ones to wear what used to be what a women shood ware just me but if thy dont wear it why cant we:heehee:

danielle d
12-26-2006, 10:30 PM
i'm always having problems with my bra straps and slip straps sliding down my shoulders, any ideas??
danielle d