PDA

View Full Version : Answering Private Messages

Jenny
05-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Am I doing something wrong? I have answered several private messages but my answers have not even been read by the recipients. I currently have sent 11 unconfirmed messages waiting to be read. It's enough to make a girl wonder about her deodorant or mouthwash or something. I always read my private messages right away and try to answer them as soon as I can. If I am doing something wrong in sending back private messages in answer to private messages, would someone please let me know.

Jenny (the really-I-do-shower-every-day t-girl) :confused:

Vivian Best
05-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi Jenny,

I must be doing something wrong also! I haven't sent as many as you and I expected to get a reply but didn't. My messages were also uncomfirmed.

Vivian :confused:

Vivian Best
05-25-2004, 09:55 AM
Jenny, I just sent you a private message to see if you are getting them. It is titled test. Please let me know if you got it. Thanks,

Vivian :confused:

Julie
05-25-2004, 10:32 AM
When you read a message you that asks for confirmation you have the option to accept or cancel the confirmation. It may be that either the messages aren't being read or the reader cancels sending the confirmation.

Some people are good at returning messages, others not. But I think for many the opportunity to log on here doesn't happen that often. If they are living with someone who disapproves or are trying to keep it from their kids they may only be able to log on once a week or so. Depending on my schedule, I know this can happen to me too, although I make every effort to log in every day.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/Julie_sig.gif

Georgina Milnes
05-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Hi Jenny ,l hope l am not amongst your unanswered mail,let me know soon sweetheart wont you .....please.huggs and kisses Georgina,xxxooo

JOANNE
05-25-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi Jenny ,l hope l am not amongst your unanswered mail,let me know soon sweetheart wont you .....please.huggs and kisses Georgina,xxxooo

Georgina

I answered your initial letter to me but apparently you did not receive it.

Hugs
Joanne
ooxxoo

Jenny
05-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Hi Georgina,

No, you are not among my unanswered private messages. Maybe it is like Julie suggests, people either read the message and don't confirm or they don't visit here as often as I do. (That second possibility would not be hard as I log on almost every day.) BTW: I appreciate all the private messages I have received since I posted here. It wasn't my intent to make you send me a private message but it is fun to get to kow some of you even better than the forum allows. Thanks again.

Jenny

Allison Vamp
05-27-2004, 03:06 PM
I can answer this, although my wife and a few friends know of my dressing, i'm still of the paranoid type and the internet still scares me. I've been hesitant to answer responses although i shouldn't cuz these thread have been pretty cool and the people seem authentic. it's like with posting pictures, numerous times when i'm fully dressed and have done my makeup to perfection, i want to take a picture for my profile but am so afraid it will get back to me some how. i know it's paranoid, but....

Rachel_740
05-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Allison,

Don't be paranoid!! When I had my make-over done (for the pics here and at www.sophies.co.uk) I showed the pics to my brother - loads more than are on Sophies - and his comment was 'very pretty', but he couldn't see it was me even though I told him he knew who it was. Even once I told him it was me he had to look quite closely and once he saw my face he still thought the photo's had been doctored and it was someone elses body.

What I'm trying to do is show you that a bit of make-up can change a person completely. If I thought that I may be 'spotted' on here I wouldn't have posted pics.

Also I'm convinced the people here are genuine, but if their not, what are the chances of somebody you know stumbling over this website, reading through the postings and putting 2 & 2 together and saying 'I know who that girl is'. I think thats unlikely even if your best mate is into CDing and comes here as well.

Gabrielle
05-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I too am paranoid. At first I was afraid of posting. But seeing how classy people were here, I got over that part. Then there's the issue of posting pictures. Again, it frightens me.
However with the contest that summer is suggesting, it is tempting me to do so regardless of my paranoïa.

I am close to being convinced, but I will have to wait for the contest to get underway first.

:p

cfbpcm
05-27-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi Allison

I've sent several Emails to you and so far have not received a response. It may be that you haven't had the opportunity to read your mail, or it may be that you have chosen not to respond.. However we both live in close proximity and it might be of mutual benefit that we correspond and maybe
eventually meet.

If you feel that this might be a possibility, then I would appreciate a reply , either yes or no.

Looking forward to your reply,

Gerry

Julie
05-28-2004, 12:04 AM
I can answer this, although my wife and a few friends know of my dressing, i'm still of the paranoid type and the internet still scares me. I've been hesitant to answer responses although i shouldn't cuz these thread have been pretty cool and the people seem authentic. it's like with posting pictures, numerous times when i'm fully dressed and have done my makeup to perfection, i want to take a picture for my profile but am so afraid it will get back to me some how. i know it's paranoid, but....
Allison,

I was in the same boat as you just a short while ago but I was so tired of hiding that I just said, "What the hell! So what if someone finds out. I have been there for so many people all my life it's time for them to be there for me." So I built a website. I posted my pictures on it. I became active on internet forums and posted my picture on them and I used my REAL name in the postings and you know what? NOTHING! No tabloids, no guys at work asking if that was me. No kids coming home saying, "Daddy, so and so said you wear dresses". Nothing has changed. Uh well that's not quite right. What has changed is I finally am comfortable being me after 53 years!

So what's not to like about this? And the second week in June I will be going totally alone to a CD convention knowing no one. My support is here and that's all that matters to me right now. Life's too short.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/Julie_sig.gif

elizabethb1
05-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Jenny, I also have this problem on occasion. I think sometime tohe recipient does not get on line, so maybe she doesn't see the messages. I think eventually they will answer. Don't worry, honey, we all have this problem once in a while. Keep in touch at anytime and I will defintely answer you . Love and Kisses. Sexy

Allison Vamp
06-01-2004, 02:18 PM
ok, i'm convinced, i'm going to post a picture dammit! just got to wear aloooooooooot of makeup!

Jenny
06-02-2004, 07:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I have received a number of private messages lately, so many that I have reached my 50 message limit. So I have had to discard some of the older ones from people who have not responded to me when I responded to them. I am interested in hearing from anybody about anything that relates to this forum so my throwing away your message does not mean that I don't want to hear from you. I think I have responded to everybody who has written me. If I haven't, please let me know. (And if you haven't responded to me, please do so.)

Jenny