PDA

View Full Version : Anime: Ouran High School Host Club

JenniferMint
12-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Ouran High School Host Club is a Japanese animation starring Haruhi. Although Haruhi is biologically female, she dresses androgynously and sports a short haircut, and given that all the other girls at her school dress obviously femininely, people think she's a guy. So, she unwittingly ended up being an F2M CD.

Her own viewpoint on gender is, "It's fine being a girl, it's also fine being a guy. The person is more important than the gender."

Has anyone else seen this anime? The BitTorrents for it are available from: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/791.html

I've watched episode 1 so far myself. Haruhi is very cute/handsome! She even has girls swooning over her.

CaptLex
12-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Sounds like my kind of girl! :thumbsup: I don't watch anime, but from what I understand, gender-bending is not uncommon in that medium. Very cool! :D

MandyTX83
12-26-2006, 11:42 PM
great little anime, the situations and events the members of the host club get into are quite fun to watch. I love hikaru and how she doesn't care about gender and loves entertaining the girls and making all the boys drool over her as a girl... Its fun for all of us that like to swing our sexuality in anyway we want. Everybody should watch a couple of episode just to see if they like it or not, at least all of us can identify with hikaru and her gender issues...:2c:

John
01-02-2007, 04:52 PM
I agree, it is a VERY fun anime! Haruhi's so sweet and the rest of the club are... truly bizarre. (I'll be using that download as soon as I'm back to my own computer, so thanks).

Also, anyone seen 'Kino's Journey', and if so how long did it take you to realize Kino was a she? I sore the first episode and then was tolled by someone (it surprised me. Maybe I was having a stupid moment?)

JenniferMint
02-09-2007, 08:37 AM
I just finished watching all 26 episodes of this series today. The series turned out to have a lot of crossdressing and gay/lesbian characters/situations in it!

- Haruhi is an unwitting F2M CD, as we know
- Haruhi's father is an M2F CD who works in a gay bar
- Haruhi accidentally kissed a girl; it was her first kiss, too
- Hikaru/Kaoru are in a gay-ish relationship
- Benio has lots of girls in love with her, and tried to kiss Haruhi
- All the male host club members once dressed up as female as a gag (only Honey-senpai looked convincing owing to his boyish looks... actually his voice actor is female)
- Hikaru/Kaoru were dressed as girls one time when they were young for some reason

CaptLex
02-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Sounds like an eye-opener. Glad to see this kind of entertainment is available without repercussions (there aren't any, are there?). I know some groups are quick to call for shutting down gay-themed shows that young people may be interested in - at least here in the States.

John
02-09-2007, 10:49 AM
*And their in lies the glory of japanise television.*

Not to mention the insest...

Come to think of it, this is a pretty twisted series.

ZenFrost
02-11-2007, 12:44 AM
There's actually a number of anime and manga that deal with LGBTIQQ subjects, including FtM and MtF stuff. Thanks for pointing this one out, I'll have to check it out sometime.