PDA

View Full Version : Christmas final report...

cdeeko
12-25-2006, 04:47 PM
O.K. In-law Grief support Christmas eve went well enough last eve. Watched Oceans eleven.
Funny thing. My Mom-in-Law got my S.O. a laptop for school. Got me 0. This is my punishment for the hair on her end I think.
But I was half suspecting this would happen.
Not even upset.
Because her usual gift is clothes she wants me to wear to be normal.
SO no big loss.
She was very appreciative of any support I gave her grieving BUT very cool to me in general. No big deal.
Things like this from family harden your skin for nights when you CD in front of strangers in Meijers parking lots.:heehee:

S.O. and i have had tight money since a lot of time off due to the family members cancer and death. I gave her the small amount I could this year. A homemade coupon book of shopping trips palces she likes/dinners/etc. one a month next year--she really liked this.:D Some books. SOme pins from goodwill, and a fairy stocking. She told me that she was still awaiting my gift. She pulled it off. All I can say is Merry Hexmas . She got me Deadwood season 1.:tongueout

My Parents today. Not entirely awful. I stuck all my hair in my santa cap. and just pretended I was happy--well happier then I was...not really unhappy. Just did the secret Identity thing Act like Bruce Wayne but really you are Batgurl if you know what I mean.

And my gifts were what I asked for a book of Frank Cho's art, a t-shirt from Frank Cho's comic strip LIBERTY MEADOWS. And a large Donation to the American Cancer society in my name.

And I did have some fun...mom let me do all the prep for lunch. So I went all punk rock food network watching Martha Stewart on them.:tongueout

presentation of food and all that jazz. careful placement of deli tray we ordered on a festive tray. Chips decoratively placed around dip in a bowl--not to be eaten BUT my heathen family kept doing so:devil: , thus I had to replace chips.. Same for pretzels around the this kickass pine-apple dip mom made...trying to set the table in a well done manner just not throwing out plates and such...and the hardest part getting everyone there (a friend of mom and dads, S.O. mom, dad, mom-in-law) to let me take there damn pop cans off the table and put there drinks in glasses with ice so we did not look like the frickin beverly hillbillies christmas special. I mean that is o.k. for a normal meal. BUT you guys are celebrating Christmas and I am celebrating hexmas (my own punk pagan holiday)/Saturnalia/Winter Solstice/yule...Can't we at least show some class.

Hardest moment was at dinner Dad wanted me to say grace was not sure how to say no without starting an argument. When I was practicing that religion I always said the prayer. Mom knows I am not dealing well with the church...not how far but she knows I am not a church boy anymore.. She even stepped up for me and said "I will. Pray."

SO body mod she cannot accept, crisis of faith she can.LOL

Left about 4pm need me time now.

Oh and last night Hexmas eve I gave myself a gift. did something to the hair that I can wear with friends. cover with the muggles I mean family.

Anyone remember Cyndi Lauper in the 80's especailly the time after time video. Yeah left and right sides shaved. BUT I have enough hair to cover it. And when out with friends I am covering all hair to the right so left side shows.

And now I sometimes have to put something in hair to hold it LOL.

Hope all had a good season of yule, kwanzaa, x-mas, hexmas, hannukah, christmas, saturnalia, yule...or whatever you celebrate.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Calliope
12-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Just did the secret Identity thing Act like Bruce Wayne but really you are Batgurl if you know what I mean.

Well, hell, yes we do know what you mean! Who in the their right mind would wanna be that 2nd rate William Shatner? Batgurl was awesome!

And Liberty Meadows is hot.

SO body mod she cannot accept, crisis of faith she can.LOL

Proof we are made of flesh, perhaps.

Anyone remember Cyndi Lauper in the 80's especailly the time after time video.

Proof the era moderne can produce fairy tales.

Keep your head up high, girl!