PDA

View Full Version : Going Salt Lake City Utah Next . . .

TxKimberly
12-26-2006, 02:50 PM
. . . and wondered if anyone has been out there and has any recommendations?

Thanks everyone!

Kim

EricaCD
12-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Yes. Don't dress. You look quite lovely but it's not exactly a bastion of tolerance.

Erica

Karren H
12-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Love Salt Lake City!!! Not too much in the way of TG places there....but the shopping is great....I've even walked around downtown enfemme past the Mormon Tabernacle....There's the Grand and Little America Hotels, both wonderful is your staying downtown.... and a nice trendy eating and shopping place downtown....where the rapid transit terminates....called Gateway I think...... We have a mine in UT so i get there every so often..

You sure get around....Indy, Salt Lake....Fuller Brush Saleswoman?? hehe

Hey...Go up to Kennecotts Bingham Copper mine pitt.... accross the valley over by Magna...Really cool.. Do it enfemme!!!

Karren

sterling12
12-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Just assume, (notice I said assume), that you are going to be talking to and dealing with a lot of Mormon Folks. By definition they are conservative fundamentalists, and generally not tolerant of any lifestyle the deviates from The Osmond Family Model.

Is there an "underground", in and around Salt Lake...probably. But it would be pure luck to find it, as your an outsider and there for a short time. These folks who live outside of Mormon Standards are probably going to be very protective of their privacy.

I'll give you a quick example of how it may be. Every once in a while, I will purchase something from Eve Browne Fashions. As a lot of older sista's know, Eve has been around our community for many years and she predates computers and Ebay. Anyway, one of the first notices I got from her advertising brochures advised a prospective customer, "We do NOT ship ANY orders to The State of Utah!" That advisory is still prominent in her literature.

I don't know what happened, but to elicit that kind of response, we can safely assume it had something to do with intolerance and probably involved the law.

My advise, just cool it for the week or two that you are there. Save it for Arizona, or wherever!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Karren H
12-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Well, I'd look at as a challenge....the ultimate one but I have gone out enfemme there many times and have had no real problem!! Just don't end up as some Poligimst's 8th wife...hehe

Love Karren

slamddoger
12-26-2006, 06:05 PM
there is a group call engendered species in saltlake cit y there web is www.engendered species.com and ther number is that is crossdresser group

finacarina
12-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Kim, you will be fine in Salt Lake City. I have spent alot of time out in Salt Lake City and never had a problem. Its a great place and you'll have alot of fun so dont miss the opportunity!

flatlander_48
12-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Love Salt Lake City!!! Not too much in the way of TG places there....but the shopping is great....I've even walked around downtown enfemme past the Mormon Tabernacle....There's the Grand and Little America Hotels, both wonderful is your staying downtown.... and a nice trendy eating and shopping place downtown....where the rapid transit terminates....called Gateway I think...... We have a mine in UT so i get there every so often..

You sure get around....Indy, Salt Lake....Fuller Brush Saleswoman?? hehe

Hey...Go up to Kennecotts Bingham Copper mine pitt.... accross the valley over by Magna...Really cool.. Do it enfemme!!!

Karren

It used to be the Best Western Little America, but I don't think it is a B/W these days. Anyway, they used to have rooms called Blue Corners. These were rooms in the tower on the corners of the building. You had views in 2 directions. When I was there, mine had views to the south and east. The basic color of the decor was light blue and it was fairly frilly. The bed was on a slightly raised area with a pale blue curtain around it. There was a seating area in the middle of the room and a small dining table next to the east facing window. Funny how I can see it so clearly and that was about 20 years ago...

Butterfly Bill
12-26-2006, 11:35 PM
I visited there in 2003 while on the way to the Rainbow Gathering. I stayed at the Motel 6 which is near downtown, and I went to (what else?) the Mormon attractions, including Temple Square, and I was wearing a floral print rayon dress the whole time. In the Deseret Press store I bought a big illustrated copy of the Book of Mormon and some CDs by the Tabernacle Choir. There is also a good historical museum.

In the Square I was greeted by people in the missionary training program trying out their pitches, and they were eager to answer any historical quetions that I had. And nobody there mentioned my attire. The only reaction I got anywhere in town was a city bus driver opening the door as he passed by and giving me a wolf whistle.

SLC is as cosmopolitan as any other big city of the same size, and there are even bars and coffee shops where "gentiles" can go.

Sejd
12-26-2006, 11:41 PM
If you want to dress up in SLC, go to the sunday service at the First Unitarian Church up on 11 east and 600 south. Several CD's attend regulary. Other than that, Utah is a difficult place to be out of the ordinary. Be carefull, and keep a low profile.
hugs
Sejd ( 14 years in Salt Lake before moving to the pacific NW)

TxKimberly
12-26-2006, 11:48 PM
ROFL,

OK, when I started this out, I wasn't TOO nervous - now I am! I HAVE been to SLC, but have never done the drag thing there.

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the advice
Kim

trannie T
12-27-2006, 02:21 AM
There is a gay community and there are a few gay bars which are probably trans friendly. Salt Lake is a beautiful city in a beautiful location, it's too bad I don't symphatize with the polititical and spiritual beliefs of the area.

There is a brew pub that produces "Poligamy Pale Ale."