PDA

View Full Version : Call Madam Or Ms.

Glenda58
12-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Don't you love being call madam or Ms. when shopping or just going out. Spend the day in the mall looking at all the sales today. And keep get Ms. can I help you or here's your change madam. Or Ms. here's other skirt you might like. It is a high that last all day. I hated to come home. May go out later.

Michelle2008
12-26-2006, 06:23 PM
The first time I was out alone shopping and called "ma'am" was last October. I was taken by complete surprise when the SA said this to me when asking if I found everything I was looking for....WOW!!! I have been hooked on shopping enfemme ever since.

Take Care,
Michelle

Maria2004
12-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Don't you love being call madam or Ms. when shopping or just going out.

I don't mind it when they're not being facetious about it. My best experience was at a nice little seafood resturant, it had just opened for dinner time so there weren't very many customers, one of the waiters was standing outside, as I approached he held the door for me and gave me a sincere "good evening mam, enjoy your dinner". The hostess and waitress' were young girls so I was a bit aprehensive but they turned out to be as nice as could be. I gave my last name to the hostess, then was greeted by my waitress who was taking me to my table, "this way Miss Andres" It was a very pleasent eveving.

Calliope
12-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeh, it's a buzz every time, ain't it?

Rachel Morley
12-26-2006, 09:47 PM
You have hit on (to me) one of the biggest thrills about being out en femme in public places. I go out regularly with my wife as "two women" and it's always such a thrill to be called "ladies" and referred to as "Ma'am". I've had guys open doors for me, hold elevators for me, and generally treat me so nice. I love it :D

Kate Simmons
12-27-2006, 04:58 AM
"Faectious". Damn, big words Maria. I know what you mean though. Really, lest we deceive ourselves, people are going to "make" us regardless of how good we "pass". It would unsettle me a bit to know someone was doing that to patronize me and humor me just because I was a customer (albeit a "weird" one). I can usually "read" others though and know if they are being genuine in their sentiments. We really don't know what people say about us after we leave, nor should we care. If we are secure enough in ourselves nothing is going to rattle us anyway. I would be fooling myself, however, if I believed for a minute that they thought I was really a woman. Sincerity notwithstanding, the politeness and coutesy is nice though and makes us feel good if only for a moment.:happy: Ericka Kay

ToyGirl
12-27-2006, 06:44 AM
The receptionist at my doctor called me miss "birthname" , sounded so awkward , but points for them trying i guess. Doctors tend to just use the feminine version by default. Can't wait to get it changed.

Stormgirl
12-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Don't call me Ma'am I work for a living! :devil:

MsJanessa
12-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Actually I prefer Ma'am or Mistress

suzy
12-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Sigh.....one day I hope....my dream....but maybe when I go out enfem..that might help...:D .. haven't had the experience yet...one day.

Maria2004
01-08-2007, 08:07 PM
lest we deceive ourselves, people are going to "make" us regardless of how good we "pass". It would unsettle me a bit to know someone was doing that to patronize me and humor me just because I was a customer (albeit a "weird" one). I can usually "read" others though and know if they are being genuine in their sentiments. :happy: Ericka Kay

Agreed, they knew I was a CD, I can read insincere B.S. too, which was why that evening was so nice, they really ment it. I asked my waitress if she had been "trained" to deal with CDs or was she familiar with the lifestyle, and she confessed she was "familiar". We chatted about it and she invited me to hang out with her and her friends and we exchanged cell phone numbers, before I left she and one of her friends even took a pic with me.... (so I have a pic to prove it :winking: )http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p264/MariaAndres/newfriends.jpg

...even on subsequent visits I was treated with the same kndness by them, even if she wasn't my assigned waitress, her and her friends always came by my table and chatted with me. :happy:

Stephanie Scott
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
When I went out en femme shopping for the first time while out of town recently, I went to the mall and got ma'amed several times. It was AWESOME. The clerk at the shoe store spent a lot of time helping me find shoes I wanted then asked if I wanted a purse to go with them! It was so cool. I thanked her for being so nice. Later, a man stepped back to allow me to go on an elevator first (but I wasn't actually getting on). I said "no thank you," and he didn't blink an eye. It was fantastic to be the recipient of gentlemanly behavior as a lady, since all my life it's been the other way around!

janedoe311
01-12-2007, 01:49 PM
I always think of a Madam of a bordello.

I seem to remember when I was a kid, that some Ladies did not like being called Madam because of this label. They got down right hostile when you called them Madam.

Is that still around?

Shelly Preston
01-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Madam

I think its one of those words that is ok if used properly

e.g. as in "can I help you madam"

JoAnnDallas
01-12-2007, 02:05 PM
When I went to HEF2006 last Nov, as I was walking into the Hotel a male guest was coming out and said "Morning Mamm". I was very nervious uptill that point as this was my first time in public around other people. No sooner had he passed, I started smiling. No sure if I passed or he was just being polite, since I know everyone at the hotel had to know that a Tranny convention was being held. In any event, it made my day and all of the nerviousness seem to fade away. All day and evening, I was calm, contented, and felt completely at ease.

Bobbie cd
01-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I was shopping in Wally World the other day dressed semi-drab, (women's jeans, top, forms, earrings, no makeup), bought some jewelry items and such. The sales clerk rang my items up and said, "Have a nice day, Maam".
This is the first time this has ever happened to me, and I wasn't even trying to pass in public! Of course, not 30 minutes later, I stopped at a Walgreens for something else, and the clerk (male), said, "Thanks for shopping with us Sir".

Still the same me, dressed the same. Different perspectives from the different genders, perhaps? LOL :heehee:

carolclaire
01-12-2007, 05:51 PM
:heehee: My wife and I attended the symphony recently and were complimented by a gentleman seated next to us as to "how lovely you ladies look tonight".

linnea
01-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I love to be acknowledged for the image I'm presenting; it's a great feeling, even some times when it may be facetious.

JeaniT
01-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I love to be acknowledged for the image I'm presenting; it's a great feeling, even some times when it may be facetious.

Thanks Linnea. It's because of this feeling, it doesn't matter to me whether it's Ma'am, Madam, or Miss ...

Jeani