PDA

View Full Version : Was supposed to be a joke

susancheerleader
12-26-2006, 06:51 PM
I have a sister that came to my house unannounced last year. In doing so, she found me in a mini skirt. She wasn't fazed at all but I was more afraid so changed into sweats.

Yesterday, she claimed it as a joke, but gave me a gift of a skirt. :)
I played it off, but took it home and it fits perfect and I love it.

So much for a "joke" gift. I love this one.

Wendy me
12-26-2006, 06:55 PM
cool what ever works.....

Glenda58
12-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Nice joke and it fits to. Was there a return slip with it. Wish my sisters would give me something like that. I would wear to their house en femme.

Mary Morgan
12-26-2006, 06:56 PM
I'd level with your sister and have some fun with it. Obviously, she is in your camp. If you doubt it, ask her. Life is too short to fake it, especially with those who are close to you.

MJ
12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
you have a great sister . you should tell her the truth. who knows you may have a new shopping buddy there..

bredalee25
12-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Thats great now lets see a pic of you wearing the skirt and let us judge the fit and look of it on you.

ttfn

Jenny Beth
12-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Maybe you should "joke" to her that you need a top to go with it for your birthday.

RobertaFermina
12-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Dear Susan,

Enjoy the joke and the gift.

God knows what you should say to your sister next.

I wonder what's in store for your birthday?

Delighting in it all !

Roberta

Calliope
12-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Time to get her a skirt, or something - and see what happens next.

Bobbie cd
12-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Nice joke and it fits to. Was there a return slip with it.

And if there was, is it the right length and color? LOL

:D

flatlander_48
12-26-2006, 09:35 PM
I have a sister that came to my house unannounced last year. In doing so, she found me in a mini skirt. She wasn't fazed at all but I was more afraid so changed into sweats.

Yesterday, she claimed it as a joke, but gave me a gift of a skirt. :)
I played it off, but took it home and it fits perfect and I love it.

So much for a "joke" gift. I love this one.

Perhaps the skirt was her way of saying that you're still OK with her...

Rachel Morley
12-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Never look a gift horse in the mouth! I agree with the others, she's defiantly in your corner. I think your sister totally knows and not only that, she thinks it's fun. Relax and enjoy it, she sounds lovely :happy:

occdresser
12-26-2006, 10:05 PM
that sounds like something my sister would do to me:devil: :cheer:

marie354
12-26-2006, 10:52 PM
You got a great sister there. Ask her if she wants to go shopping sometime.
:hugs:

trannie T
12-26-2006, 10:56 PM
If she was joking it's good you enjoyed the joke, if she was being supportive good on her. Whatever her motivation at least you got a nice skirt.

Lori SC
12-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I'd say you have a great Sister. That was her way of offering you something that says she's OK with it.

I'd recommend you talk to her about your CDing. I think she'll support you. You can never have too many people to support you.

And maybe she'll buy you more clothes on future occasions.

Hugs, Lori

Holly
12-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Hion, I['d say you've got the last laugh on this "joke." Your sister sounds like a doll.

Chiana
12-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Too cool. I think your sister knew exactly what she was doing. She was telling you that she knows and is just fine with your dressing. And she did it in a way to give you something you really want, without anyone else knowing. A perfect gift. She is smart and compassionate. Good combination.

Kimkandy
12-27-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm in luv :rose2: with your sister... I think it's her sense of :luvu: humor that attracts me and her thoughtful gift giving.

Kim

:dom: :doll: :gift: :love:

Kate Simmons
12-27-2006, 12:50 AM
If it was me, I probably would have told her okay, I'll take it but you can't MAKE me wear it and see what kind of look she gave you. I'm kind of a nusiance that way sometimes.:heehee: Ericka

racquel
12-27-2006, 03:32 AM
I think your sister is terriffic.Take her to lunch and have a talk.You'll never regret it.:thumbsup:

RachelDenise
12-27-2006, 05:42 AM
Sounds like you didn't get her enough for Christmas. I think you ought to "find a leftover present" for her in addition to what you already got her.

cindybarnes
12-27-2006, 06:18 AM
Thats cool !

I would let her know how well it fit in case she has any more jokes up her sleeve :)

Cindy

Marcie Sexton
12-27-2006, 06:47 AM
When I came out to my neice last Christmas, she sent me a basket of Mary Kay products...

A note inside said.."we girls got to take care of our selves" :heehee: I got another one yesterday too, make up, lotions & creams...what a gg:hugs:

Kathleengurl
12-27-2006, 07:00 AM
A sister's joke.. may just be the gift of 'cool'. Not many of us girls get that. Sounds like you've got a great sister.

susancheerleader
12-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks everyone.
Yes, I really do have a wonderful sister. I am thankful for that.
While my whole family is very caring, thoughtful and compasionat. I would trust my sister the most with "my little secret."

Rachaelb64
12-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Sounds like you a good friend and a wonderfull sister there :happy:

Angela E.
12-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone.
Yes, I really do have a wonderful sister. I am thankful for that.
While my whole family is very caring, thoughtful and compasionat. I would trust my sister the most with "my little secret."

I think she already knows,and her "little joke" was her way of telling you that it`s ok, and she wants you to come out to her.She sounds great to me.-Angela.:doll:

suzy
12-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Well, it is possible that it was a joke.....but I think she is more aware that you give her credit for....anyway, it is the perfect time to return the joke and wear it on your next visit to her house...:D

myMichelle
12-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Wow...Just my opinion here, but it sounds to me as if your sister already realizes that you at least have some sort of affinity for skirts--and, perhaps more importantly, it sounds as if your sister may very well have an open mind where such things are concerned. Of course, you know your sister better than any of us, but, based on what you've stated, I believe that offering you a "joke" gift may well have been your sister's way of letting you know that she's willing to talk about this whenever you're ready. I believe that this is your one golden opportunity to come out to your sister. I think you should come clean with her. It seems to me that she already has her suspicions and she wants to bring "things" out into the open.

I say go for it...You may never get another opportunity as custom-made for comming out as this!

melissaK
12-27-2006, 02:42 PM
I'd level with your sister and have some fun with it. Obviously, she is in your camp. If you doubt it, ask her. Life is too short to fake it, especially with those who are close to you.

Yes, I'm with the boards on this one too. I'd vote for taking that advice too . . .

Kristen Marie
12-27-2006, 02:57 PM
That's a wonderful story....I so wish I had a sister like that.

jjjjohanne
12-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Have you ever wondered if a woman was pregnant, but were afraid to ask? So you start dropping opportunities for her to say it openly so you can congratulate her, or whatever. Maybe your sister is dropping an opportunity to begin the conversation. She might be cautiously giving you a BIG opportunity to confirm what is essentially obvious. You didn't welcome her into your secret world when she caught you... Maybe she is being polite and waiting an invitation in.

Debra Lynn
12-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Wow, wish I had a sister like that. I agree that you need to show her that she's "special" in your eyes too!

Madeleine
12-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Wish I had a sister...