PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Hug

Holly
01-21-2005, 01:33 AM
Hi Girls,

Next week I start a new assignment at work. Actually, I'm going back to a former assignment. For the last two years I've been on a special job but that has come to an end. The environment I'm returning to can best be described as a sea of testosterone. I'll be a working supervisor in a technical field. The supervising part doesn't bother me... been doing that most of my life. The scarey part is that there is ZERO tolerance for anything that is out of the norm. I'm sure that I am considered in that club. My femme nature is more prominate now than it was when I left two years ago. I'm actually frightened. This place if full of intolerence.

Well, I guess that I'll just have to show them! This gurl is gonna rock their world. Suddenly, I'm feeling little dom <giggle>. But I'll still take the hugs!

Kate_Uhler
01-21-2005, 01:39 AM
BIG HUG!!!!!!

i know that stuff is stressful... you'll do great!!!

and you have us to come back an report too!!!!

*kisses*

kate...

...finishing hemming a skirt.. *smile*

Rikki
01-21-2005, 01:47 AM
Hi Holly,

Just wrap your arms around you as best you can and consider that a big hug from me. You'll do great girl. Keep us up dated and when it get tough, just bring it on and we will handle it with you. Before you go to work, lay out your most comfortable dress so you won't have to waste time deciding what to wear when you get home.

Rikki

Tristen Cox
01-21-2005, 02:06 AM
"HUG"

Love
Tristen

Julie
01-21-2005, 02:12 AM
Holly, good luck for next week http://img152.exs.cx/img152/4461/bearhug5pp.gif

JJ

Holly
01-21-2005, 02:19 AM
Kate, Rikki, Tristen, Julie J.

Your the best! With the support of you and the rest of these lovely ladies, I know that I'll make it. I'll let you all know how it goes Monday night.

I love you all.:D

christine55
01-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Just best wishes, have courage, and
Hugs, Christine

Fiona K
01-21-2005, 03:22 AM
Good luck Holly!
I know the problems only too well
Hugs
Fiona

ChristineRenee
01-21-2005, 03:28 AM
Hang in there Holly!

Just be who you are girl and don't take any s**t from any of them. Remember the "sisterhood" here is always in your corner.

I don't have a hug similie but consider yourself hugged from me!

Luv ya,

Christine Renee

racquel
01-21-2005, 04:01 AM
A big hug from me also.

Wendy me
01-21-2005, 06:14 AM
holly come on over here girlfreind...................here huge tignt keep you safe hugs.....
listen sister.............just one thought................girls rule............................

Helana
01-21-2005, 07:22 AM
You, my girl, will do just fine.

You know why? Because if you just act normal and be yourself then everybody will like you and will adjust to your little idiosyncrasies. If you feel like shying away, don't! Be strong and be the central person in that group. Engage them. Personal contact always makes the difference, they cannot look you in the eye and think anything nasty of you if all you have been is nice to them.

Then their comments will be "Holly is allright for being such a woman's man"

You are unlikely to be able to change their bigotry but they will accept you as being "one of the exceptions". Just be yourself and be happy and they will respond in kind.

Hell, they will be coming to you for hugs before you know it ;)

LindaTS
01-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Lots of hugs and kisses too Holly. Keep up your self confidence and don't let them grind you down. I'm sure you'll be just fine.

racheal
01-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Hi Girls,

Next week I start a new assignment at work. Actually, I'm going back to a former assignment. For the last two years I've been on a special job but that has come to an end. The environment I'm returning to can best be described as a sea of testosterone. I'll be a working supervisor in a technical field. The supervising part doesn't bother me... been doing that most of my life. The scarey part is that there is ZERO tolerance for anything that is out of the norm. I'm sure that I am considered in that club. My femme nature is more prominate now than it was when I left two years ago. I'm actually frightened. This place if full of intolerence.

Well, I guess that I'll just have to show them! This gurl is gonna rock their world. Suddenly, I'm feeling little dom <giggle>. But I'll still take the hugs!

HUGE HUG!

Just be careful and assess the environment and then, you GO GIRL!

Holly
01-21-2005, 08:56 AM
just one thought................girls rule............................
And boys drool! Thank-you Wendy.

Holly
01-21-2005, 08:59 AM
Just best wishes, have courage, and
Hugs, Christine
Christine,

Just knowing that your there for support is a huge comfort. Thank-you.

Holly
01-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Good luck Holly!
I know the problems only too well
Hugs
FionaHi Fiona. Don't think we've met yet. That makes your encouragement even more special. Thanks. BTW, you're beautiful.

Wendy me
01-21-2005, 09:05 AM
And boys drool! Thank-you Wendy.
you got that right..............if thay give any greif ........hit them with your purse..................... :p

Holly
01-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Hang in there Holly!

Just be who you are girl and don't take any s**t from any of them. Remember the "sisterhood" here is always in your corner.

I don't have a hug similie but consider yourself hugged from me!

Luv ya,

Christine Renee
Christine Renee, you are a special lady... but you already knew that. I'll take sister power over testosterone ANY day. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

Holly
01-21-2005, 09:06 AM
A big hug from me also.
Racquel, I do so appreciate your concern.

Holly
01-21-2005, 09:09 AM
You, my girl, will do just fine.

Hell, they will be coming to you for hugs before you know it ;)
Oooh, thats a little scarey in itself <lol>. Thank-you for your encouragement and support.

Holly
01-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Lots of hugs and kisses too Holly. Keep up your self confidence and don't let them grind you down. I'm sure you'll be just fine.
Thank-you Linda. Your kind words empower me.

Holly
01-21-2005, 09:12 AM
HUGE HUG!

Just be careful and assess the environment and then, you GO GIRL!Racheal, you're a rock. Thank-you, girlfriend.

Holly
01-21-2005, 09:14 AM
you got that right..............if thay give any greif ........hit them with your purse..................... :pWendy, I don't want to kill them... maybe just frighten them a little bit. <sinister snicker>

Sandra H
01-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi Holly.

I will be thinking of you and I just wanted to give you a big hug.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif

Holly
01-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi Holly.

I will be thinking of you and I just wanted to give you a big hug.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_2_104.gif
Thank-you Sandra. I love the smiley (and you, too)

racheal
01-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I think that we should all give each other a BIG gus - and have a hug group. Let's all get together for one big huge worldwide hug!

Ariel_TV
01-21-2005, 10:01 AM
BIG HUG!

Don't worry too much about the intolerante , they are so scared about what is different that they shut themselves to it and pretend it don't exists. Unless you shove it directly under theyre nose they will never notice .

Just pretend your Erin Driscoll from 24 and kick they're ass supervisor style!

Stormgirl
01-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Hugs are evil *get away you lot* Don't touch me! >=(!

racheal
01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
I think that hugs are a normal way of expressing emotion and it's a healthy way of showing sincerety towards one's other feeling. Just my thoughts. Oh my gosh I am having thoughts - not good - he he... :)

Ashleigh
01-21-2005, 11:02 AM
BIG TEDDY BEAR HUGS!!

Just do what you think is right and work with them, not against them. But you already knew that being a sup. all your life. Hang in there. MORE HUGGS!

Holly
01-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Thank-you all!

Rachael- Group hug is a great idea!

Ariel- Your absolutely right! I'll be content managing these guys in my girly fashion... they'll never know what hit 'em! :o)

Shy Aubrey- :o( I hope you're kidding.

Ashleigh- You are so sweet.

To all who have responded... you beautiful ladies and I love you all so much.

Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug
Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

Celeste GG
01-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Keep em confused Holly that's the best way to supervise... I teach children and as soon as they've worked you out you're dead meat.

Or give them a big hug and they'll stop bothering you with petty problesm .. or you might just work out the interesting ones, with little secrets too....

Holly
01-22-2005, 12:45 AM
.. or you might just work out the interesting ones, with little secrets too....
Celeste,

I love the way you think, girlfriend! Thank-you for your concern.

racheal
01-22-2005, 11:30 AM
I feel that there is a lot of love in this room! I think you all would agree. :)

DonnaT
01-23-2005, 01:23 AM
I don't know. don't want to get you in trouble. Oh, what the heck:

http://www.googida.com/photofune/Animation/Gif/hughug.gif

StephanieCD
01-23-2005, 03:14 PM
http://www.all-creatures.org/aip/hug.jpg

Holly
01-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Thank-you for the thoughts and hugs. Tomorrow is the day <lip quivering>. Wish me luck. ladies.

Julie
01-23-2005, 05:01 PM
http://img173.exs.cx/img173/3117/goodl0bs.gif For tomorrow Holly I hope it all goes well, I'm sure you'll have things going your way very soon.

JJ

Holly
01-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Thank-you so much Julie. It may take some time, but I'm confident things will work out. Actually, the worst that could happen is that I would retire and not have to worry about it at all. Would like to get in two more years, though, if I can. I'll post here tomorrow night and let everyone know how it goes. I love you for your kind thoughts and compassion.

Holly
01-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Steph,

I forgot to mention that the kitty cats made me feel all warm and content. You're the sweetest. You have a kind spirit and a loving heart.

Wendy me
01-23-2005, 11:42 PM
holly before you go come on over here i think we could use a hug too .............

huge hugs you will be fine...............

Holly
01-24-2005, 12:51 AM
holly before you go come on over here i think we could use a hug too .............

huge hugs you will be fine...............
Thanks Wendy. It WILL be okay. I've got the best support system in the world. <HUG>

Holly
01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi Girls,

Well day one is over. Over all, it went okay. There were some tensions on all sides but not as bad as I was expecting. Things have changed quite a bit in the last two years. I have some technical issues I am going to have to get caught up on and there have been some staffing changes so I will need to learn about the new folks.

Holly was poised, confident, and in control today. In that respect, I think this will aid me in working with these folks. And I only see opportunities to grow from here.

That said, this doesn't mean that we have to stop the hugs! I mean, we all have so much going on and a little hug of reassurance NEVER hurts. Hug away, ladies. After all it IS a girlie thing to do! :D

alba68
01-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Have one big Teletubby hug from me.
http://img173.exs.cx/img173/9137/splash3jx.gif

Holly
01-24-2005, 10:42 PM
The Picture is too cute! Thank-you!

paulaN
01-24-2005, 10:46 PM
zero tolerance uh. well all that testostrone had better find some tolerance or there will be hell to pay. good luck holly, no not good luck how about make it your way.

ChristineRenee
01-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Day one out of the way and you got through it with flying colors.;) We all knew you would. Way to go girl! HUGE <HUG>:)

Huge Hugs & Kisses,
Christine Renee

Kassandra
01-24-2005, 11:43 PM
More hugs, Holly!

It sounds like your first day wasn't so bad so the rest may be better! But no matter how bad it gets, remember this girl and all the others here are on your side no matter what! Go get 'em girl!

Tris!

Tristen Cox
01-24-2005, 11:49 PM
HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG
http://www.geocities.com/tristencx/icons/hug.gif

Love
Tristen

Holly
01-24-2005, 11:58 PM
You girls are going to make me cry... tears of joy, of course! Thank you, all.

Wendy me
01-25-2005, 09:14 AM
as long as thay are for joy..have a good cry.........i like that.......hugs we should have that stikty thingy on this hugs are good..............holly mom pach a bunch of hugs to take to work with you ......heres a bunch to go...........hugs,hugs , hugs,hugs, hugs ,hugs,hugs ,hugs,hugs , hugs ,hugs, hugs,hugs..........if you run out i got more

huge hugs

Holly
01-25-2005, 09:18 AM
HUGS TO GO! What a great idea. Would help pay for those shopping trips. Now, just how are we going to market that?

Wendy me
01-25-2005, 09:21 AM
market the what a thought..................wow we could clean up...................
no thay are so nice lets give them away free so every one can get them when ever thay need them...........

racheal
01-25-2005, 09:33 AM
market the what a thought..................wow we could clean up...................
no thay are so nice lets give them away free so every one can get them when ever thay need them...........
Remember I thought that we should ahve a group hug? Maybe that's in order now. :)

Wendy me
01-25-2005, 09:39 AM
racheal watch your hand..........................thats better........

racheal
01-25-2005, 09:40 AM
racheal watch your hand..........................thats better........
Opps. sorry about that - it's dark in here - can someone turn on the light?

racheal
01-25-2005, 09:41 AM
You girls are going to make me cry... tears of joy, of course! Thank you, all.
That's what we are here for - to help each other out. :)

Holly
01-26-2005, 12:44 AM
Time for a goodnight hug! Remember how safe and secure you felt when someone you love would hug you just before going to bed? I love you, girls. Goodnight.HUUUUUUUUUUUUG

Tristen Cox
01-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Goodnight to you too Holly
HUUUUUUUUUUUUGS BACK
http://www.geocities.com/tristencx/icons/hug.gif

Love
Tristen

Wendy me
01-26-2005, 09:44 AM
good moring wake up hugs to all............a nice wat to start the day..................
holly mom put some in with you lunch ...............................

racheal
01-26-2005, 09:47 AM
~~A BUG GROUP HUG~~

To all of you this morning. :)

Holly
01-26-2005, 09:33 PM
good moring wake up hugs to all............a nice wat to start the day..................
holly mom put some in with you lunch ...............................
Sorry. I didn't get this until I got home from work :( . I've wrapped in up and will take it tomorrow. Awwwwwwww, who am I kidding. I gobbled up the whole hug in one sitting! Could you please send another? Plezzzzzze?

ChristineRenee
01-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Sorry. I didn't get this until I got home from work :( . I've wrapped in up and will take it tomorrow. Awwwwwwww, who am I kidding. I gobbled up the whole hug in one sitting! Could you please send another? Plezzzzzze?HUG

Holly
01-26-2005, 09:35 PM
~~A BUG GROUP HUG~~

To all of you this morning. :)
Racheal,

Right back at ya.... in pink! HUG!

ChristineRenee
01-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Sorry. I didn't get this until I got home from work :( . I've wrapped in up and will take it tomorrow. Awwwwwwww, who am I kidding. I gobbled up the whole hug in one sitting! Could you please send another? Plezzzzzze?I figured a big HUG was worth hijacking this thread!:)

Holly
01-26-2005, 09:37 PM
HUG
Thanks, Christine. I needed that.:D