PDA

View Full Version : "Pink fog"

Kate Simmons
12-28-2006, 03:45 AM
How would you define the "pink fog" and do you feel it affects your perception of reality? I know it affected me once--bigtime! just wondered how you all feel about it.:happy:

kerrianna
12-28-2006, 04:24 AM
I think it's a good description of a type of euphoria and discovery you go through when you start accepting that CDing (at whatever stage) is important and right for you.
Or at least when it takes over a big part of your life, even if briefly.

You buy things, try things, think about CDing a lot - like way too much :D - usually at the expense of other things in your life. You start wondering what it all means, how far it will go, what would it feel like if I did this, that...why not this...I could try this...I should have done this years ago...these are amazing feelings...this is great!...HUH? Oh, were you talking to me?

Like all fog it does distort your perceptions. It's easy to get lost in.

Unless you're on a pink pirate ship. They have built-in compasses that keep you on course through Pink Fog. :happy:

ToyGirl
12-28-2006, 05:24 AM
i came out of the fog with a wardrobe full of hooker boots.

Joy Carter
12-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Mine lasted about two months. Then as I sailed out of the mist I found calm waters. :D

Satrana
12-28-2006, 05:37 AM
I think the thickness of the fog depends how long you have been in the closet. If you came out fairly early on then I think you can adapt to your transgenderism quickly and integrate it into your life. If you have spent a lifetime in the closet then I think the fog can be so thick you cannot see through it as you dive headlong into fantasies that have consumed your thoughts for way too long. Some fantasies should remain fantasies.

Terri Ryan
12-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Great description for how I feel sometimes, everythings just a nice fuzzy feeling when dressed up, then you hear a car coming up the track & the fog disappears as you scramble to change & hope you haven't left any thing odd showing, like jewellery ( left anklet on once, had a couple of odd looks from visitors) or female underwear or dresses on clothes line when there aren't any girls living here, apart from me

RobertaFermina
12-28-2006, 05:52 AM
Darn you Erika, (Great description Kerriana!) I was so enjoying these cotton-candy colored contact lenses, sure that the rosy glow everywhere was 'Normal' and would go on forever. Now I'm reminded that the Pinkmospere has a dark side.........

I experience Pyncronicity whenever I see myself dressed and made up, and then look at myself in the most loving-hopeful-complimentary way possible. I get so confident (and feel so pretty) that I imagine that everyone sees me this way, and fulfillment of all my fantasies around 'being as a woman' are just around the corner. I want to go all out on the 'net and buy all the accessories I *need* to gild this lily. I spent hours on the net yesterday catching up on CD Resources, Events, Clubs, Clothing, postings on this board, etc. I struggle with the fact that rent, and the kids, and the job get their slice FIRST.

Tonight, I am really "in the pink" after getting together with a bunch of girls to hang out and swap tips, stories, and compliments !

So my head knows what Pink Fog/Cloud is, though my emotional being is just enjoying the Rosiness of it all !

Hugs!

Roberta

Kate Simmons
12-28-2006, 06:19 AM
That's me Roberta--the bubble breaker. Like Kerianna said, this can be a two-edged sword. I was so high up in the fog four years ago I did NOT want to come back down. Reality hit me though and I really crashed hard. It took me a while to recover and now I've put it all in perspective. One reason I am who I am these days and why I have a more or less pragmatic viewpoint. The thread about how we view ourselves when dressed is what prompted me to put this one up. I wasn't convinced by all the answers to the effect that many really felt like women. It was pointed out to me that just because I didn't believe it doesn't mean it isn't true. I just wondered if they thought it was truely a "real" feeling or was it largely influenced by this pink fog we all talk about?:happy:

Rachaelb64
12-28-2006, 07:47 AM
I know that feeling well..........Its when you hit the wall in the fog at 100mph that hurts.......Ouch!

In a previous thread I talked about my last purge, what brought it about was my split with my last gf. She tried to accept my cding, I was so happy and self consumed that I missed the fact she was not coping.

She end the relationship, I purged, felt gulty about purging..blah..blah..blah.

What I did not mention was I did not cd for 2 months after that. It was a deliberate decision. I felt I needed to re-focus myself. It was a sort of walk in the desert thing.

It worked for me because, I finally accepted who I was, it was also in this period that I finally chose a name for my fem side and I am a much happier person now.

Ok my ride in the 'fog' short and sweet it also f*%$*^g hurt when I salmmed into the wall at the end, but I came out a better or at least more balanced person than I was before I entered the 'fog'.

The Pink Fog has it purpose, but you can lose yourself in there all too easierly, but hopefully you come out better than when you went in :D

:doll: :dom:

Stlalice
12-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Is a term often used to describe the early stages of MTF transition when you feel that if only you could go full time and finish transition NOW that all of your problems would go away and life would be wonderful. Then reality - that "wall"- that others have spoken of crops up in your path and you realize that you are not shedding all of your problems so much as you are swapping one set of them for another. It is then that the trans girl and yes the CD's too come back to earth and start to deal with the reality of their life situations. Its not always a pleasant time - It is stressful and hard not just for you but also for those around you. In all, the time when you come out of the "pink fog" is a time of readjustment both for yourself and possibly for those around you depending on how far you are going. In some ways it is near to being a cliche - something that simplifies and says in a few words a complex concept. :2c:

Penny
12-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Ah yes, the pink fog. A truely wonderful and dangerous place. Wonderful in as much as one can escape the daily presures of life. On the other hand it is dangerous because one can easily loose sight and focus.
It is nice to visit once in a while but going into the densest part one risks never returning. Learning how far one can go is the most valuable lessen one can learn about the fog; then it can be guardingly treasured.

:hugs:

Penny