PDA

View Full Version : First night IN with the Girls

RobertaFermina
12-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Dears,

I just had a most delightful night IN with the girls !

A local Costume Boutique hosts a "Dress Up Night" monthly and tonight was the night.

I packed all my clothes, and called to request an Invitation (the organizer is VERY DISCREET) and went on my way.

I was greeted and shown to a dressing room, and introduced to a few of the girls that had already arrived.

By the time I was dressed and halfway through makeup, a half dozen girls were present in various stages of readiness.

We completed our wardrobe and makeup and gathered in a 'parlor' for an evening of conversation, snacks, and drinks. Some very nice wine was enjoyed - though Roberta herself is a teetotaler - and conversation was light and friendly.

We received a tour of the costume wardrobe (thousands of costumes!) and were fussed over and entertained by Jo An the "mommy" and owner of ILoveItGirl(tm). She really helped me breathe life into my wig.

This was such a safe way to step out and play, and share support! I am looking forward to more such gatherings.

Jo An snapped a few pix and I am sharing a few here ! I'm so proud!

On the way home, still dressed, I felt so confident that I dropped in at the local grocery for some Yogurt!

Oh Joy !

Roberta

Joy Carter
12-28-2006, 05:33 AM
So cool Roberta. I love your pictures. It's sad that we can't be more open to what we do. The world is missing some wonderful people just being themselves.:D

Kate Simmons
12-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Wow, you look great Roberta. It's nice to have a place you can go to socialize and have a fun time. I'm glad you enjoyed youself. Nice, isn't it?:happy: Ericka

Georgie Girl
12-28-2006, 11:10 AM
Lucky girl. Sounds like a wonderful night. Being dressed is nice of course, but with others around must be greal fun.

RobertaFermina
12-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Thank you all for your compliments - your kindness is a comfort and builds my confidence !

Yes Georgie, it was wonderful and so natural. No pressure, no fear, just good company !

I had a little fear daring to ask for an invitation, and crossing the threshhold - wondering if I was "fem enough" or "cd enough" to be there. All that fell away with the welcome at the door and the uncomplicated acceptance extended by all.

The only person that needed to stretch a little to accept me was *hah!* .....me.

Georgie, it sounds like you may not have a possibility to dress with others? What it must be like to do this alone?

Roberta

JoAnnDallas
12-28-2006, 02:07 PM
RobertaFermina.....I too had a similar experience. I have been going out in the daylight for some time, but never meet another like ourselves until Holdiay EnFemm 2006 last November. I was very nervious of going as it was being held at a Hotel and I would have to mengle with non CDers. Needless to say I nerved myself and went. When I entered the Hotel another male guest was leaving and said "Morning Mam". It made me feel real good. When I found the restrestation desk, I was welcomed like I was already a family member. The other sisters were so accepting and gracious that any worries or fear I had melted compeletly away. I had such a great day that by the time I left late that evening, I did not want to change back to drab. I did however get a offical invite to join the local Tri-Ess Chapter, which I am going to visit at their Jan meeting.

Calliope
12-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Classy dame!