PDA

View Full Version : Funny story shopping for skirt

Michelia
12-28-2006, 08:19 AM
A couple of days ago, I was looking through the clearance racks at this store and I found the cutest little skirt that I thought would really show off my derriere - just a sexy look. I asked if I could try it on and I was gently and discreetly ushered into the fitting room.

It fit better than I expected. Just tight enough to follow my curves without being too tight and then it curved inwards just above the knees so that it tried to give me an hourglass shape I definitely do not have. I paid for it and left.

Next day, I was trying it on at home, and I could not get over how good it looked on me. So I decided to return to the store and ask if they had other skirts like this, even if they were not on clearance. The manager listened patiently while I explained how much I loved and why this skirt and so on. She had this smirk on her face the whole time. I thought it was because I was a guy talking this way about this skirt. But as soon as I finished, she explained that she was sorry to disappoint me but that it was not a SKIRT, it was a TOP!

Michelia

Gary
12-28-2006, 08:40 AM
omg, that is too funny...sounds like something i would do...but hey, clothes are a subjective thing...what works as a top for one might work better as a skirt for another...who can say...skirt, top...they are just labels and world could do with less labels...hehe...thanks for the laugh, made me smile this morning...gary

CrossdressinGoth
12-28-2006, 08:49 AM
:heehee: the funny thing is when I go places with my fiance, we both find stuff that we find that would make the cuttest skirts and whatnot and have the same problem.....what looks like a skirt actually is a top. Then sometimes the tops we like are actually skirts. Im happy to hear that the manager kept a professional attitude because where I live, that is very hard to find.

Emily Ann Brown
12-28-2006, 08:55 AM
So when do we get to see photos??? I may want to start wearing tops as skirts too.

Emily Ann

Tina Dixon
12-28-2006, 08:57 AM
:heehee: Well shucks, we CD's still got things to learn.

Tiffy
12-28-2006, 10:00 AM
That is too funny. OMG I can not see I am laughing so hard. Cheer up babe, I know a GG that did that same thing once.

Tiffy

Paula Thomas
12-28-2006, 10:38 AM
I am really confused.

Was this a tank top (since it apparently did not have sleeves, or sleeveless arm holes)?

Note - If it was a tank top, and fit that well, I would get more and wear them as skirts (just don't tell anyone that they are tank tops).

Gisele
12-28-2006, 12:56 PM
OMG thats so funny!

I have done that too but my GF would tell me that is a top and not a skirt. I'm glad she was with me.

EricaCD
12-28-2006, 01:00 PM
That is hilarious. Good for you to have such a good sense of humor about it. Thanks for sharing!

Erica

Calliope
12-28-2006, 01:02 PM
But as soon as I finished, she explained that she was sorry to disappoint me but that it was not a SKIRT, it was a TOP!

Disappointed? Didn't the store have more of those tops?

krisinpink
12-28-2006, 01:46 PM
That IS a funny story!! Thanks for sharing :happy:

Emma England
12-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Ahhh!!!!

So crossdressing is not really males wearing female clothes.

In reality it is the mixup of tops and skirts!

I have never known anyone to do this before.

suzy
12-28-2006, 02:16 PM
That is funny... but it is easy to see how the mistake could have been made and I bet it wasn't the first time it happened either.:hugs:

marie354
12-28-2006, 02:17 PM
I have a dress/skirt that can be worn either way. A strapless dress ending at the knee or a skirt ending at the ankle. I love it! It's stretch demin too!
:hugs:

jozee
12-28-2006, 03:36 PM
i was always under the impression that a skirt started at the waist! so how
could anyone mistake a top for a skirt?!

kerrianna
12-28-2006, 03:43 PM
:lol: :lol2: :roflmao:

Thanks for the laugh Michelia. Glad you were up for sharing that.

Hey, the main thing is it looked good on you! That's what it's all about. You could start a new fashion trend.

:rofl: :<3:

pinkshelly
12-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Did it look as good as a top amd did buy more?
Huggs, Shelly.

SherriePall
12-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I can see it happening with a sleeveless top. You were only caught because you went looking for another. Otherwise, you would have worn it as a skirt and no one would have known.
Funny story.

Katrina
12-28-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm ashamed to admit this, but I found a "skirt" on clearance one day that I really liked. I got it home and my SO said, "Uhhh, honey, that is a top". Doh! I still have trouble determining if something is a skirt or top sometimes.

Bethanygirl
12-28-2006, 04:51 PM
I was on a trip once, and I used a stretchy knit mini as a tube top. I guess it comes down to 'whatever works' for you.
:happy:

RobertaFermina
12-28-2006, 06:19 PM
So that is what an "unknown unknown" is?

trannie T
12-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Same thing happened to me, excrpt it was a pup tent.

:bonk:

Jesse69
12-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't see how a top can be a skirt! Can you post a pic of this item?

Katrina
12-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't see how a top can be a skirt! Can you post a pic of this item?

It was probably a tube top...

kristyz
12-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Nothing wrong wearing a tube top for a skirt, do it all the time, very short and sexy:happy:

Bobbie Jo
12-28-2006, 09:15 PM
That is pretty funny.
I woulden't have known either,but i'm the new girl in town

Bobbie Jo

Amy Hepker
12-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Sounds to me like you could wear it either way. Do what you have to do!

Denise_Z
12-29-2006, 01:42 AM
I'm sorry but I've got to know what kind of a top this was too. The only two kinds of tops I can think of that could be mistaken for a skirt when worn would be as stated before a tube top and the other would be a cape. Any other type of top is going to have some kind of arm opening that would definatly be noticed once worn as a skirt. You also stated that it gave you an hourglass look, which a tube top wouldn't once worn as skirt unless you already have that type of figure because it would be to stretchy and would easily show your hips or lack thereof. Since most of the people here don't seem to wear any hip padding and since you said you don't have an hourglass figure I'm sort of assuming that you weren't wearing any padding either. Now acape I could kind of see.

Michelia
12-29-2006, 02:48 AM
Girls:

Since some of you asked for a picture, I have tried to attach one. First time attaching a picture, so I hope it is there and OK.

Looking at the picture, it does look like a top, does it not? How could I make this mistake? Well... I still might wear it out one day!

Please keep in mind this is a 255 lb girl here, so sexy is definitely in relative terms.

And no, unfortunately I could not find any other skirts like this at the store. But maybe it is a good thing. One is probably enough!

Michelia

Cheryl GG
12-29-2006, 04:15 AM
I can pick up things in a store....and be totally CLUELESS as to what the thing actually is....ask my husband....he will ask me what it is and all I can say is .......hell if I know....thats funny thanks for the laugh....C/

Stormgirl
12-29-2006, 07:24 AM
You rookie haha