PDA

View Full Version : Your name

Emma England
12-28-2006, 09:01 AM
The first name is either a female version of your male one,
or (like me) just a girls name that you like the sound of.

What I am interested to know is whether any of you use your real surname,
or a feminized one or something made up.

Sometimes a surname is needed when filling in forms etc but have never known what to use.

DeDe.CD
12-28-2006, 09:04 AM
The first name is either a female version of your male one,
or (like me) just a girls name that you like the sound of.

What I am interested to know is whether any of you use your real surname,
or a feminized one or something made up.

Sometimes a surname is needed when filling in forms etc but have never known what to use.

Just a made up one Emma..........Hello to you...DeDe

kaitlin
12-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Emma, My name...nothing from my birth name is used. Not to go into too much information (TMI) I was an abused child, an only child, so I caught it for everything that went wrong in my parents life. Kaitlin was a person I made up to deal with the pain, she was always there to protect me and to be my friend. Now she and I share the same life.

Nikki Dee
12-28-2006, 11:19 AM
I've always loved the name Nikki..and it begins with the same letter as my male first name...and Dee..that just happens to be the initial of my male surname.!!! (D)..simple really and allows me to use the same initials all the time....male or female....less confusing for a blonde.!!!!LOL
Nikki. x

marie354
12-28-2006, 11:27 AM
Names. That has been an interesting thing. Originally I was Samantha. People could still call me Sam and it was OK. But further thinking later in life, I decided that it really wasn't me. After a lot of thought I started using Sandra Marie. It uses my first 2 initials and I like the sound of it. The last name... Well it's actually my dad's middle name. I'm not sure that I want anybody to know my real last name yet. Maybe sometime in the future I'll settle it. Walker is Ok I guess but I'm still not sure about that.
It seems to fit my persona though.
:hugs:

JoAnnDallas
12-28-2006, 11:28 AM
I once asked my mother what I would have been named if I had been born a female and she said "Josephine Annette" or JoAnn for short. So decided why not use the name that I should have had all along. LOL

Jena11
12-28-2006, 11:34 AM
I chose my name based on the female version of my male name, I am still concidering Jennifer because I really like that name and I am not sure yet. As for my last name I do use it on things with my female name. It does not mean much to me because I got it from my mom's husband #4. Time will tell what I decide. JC

Gisele
12-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I have always loved the group KISS and I love their song Beth. That's about it.

Juanita O
12-28-2006, 11:45 AM
I chose my mothers name, she shortened to rose, my last name is my mothers maiden name. I asked her once if I would have been born a girl what would she have named me, she said Juanita, I usually go by juanita but rosemarie is ok :happy:

saraleehanes
12-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Years ago, when on some early IRC or someother chat, I used to use PantyhoseCDr for my handle. Then, someone suggested I pick a more real name.

I thought and thought about it. Since I began with an interest in hosiery, and I love the fit and feel of Hanes Silk Reflections pantyhose and knew that Sara Lee corporation is the parent company of Hanes and Leggs, I just put it all together.

:)

Karren H
12-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Karren -K +W = Birth name......and Hutton is my grandmothers name....and is a distant relative of EF Hutton.....of brokerage firm fame.....

Karren

Calliope
12-28-2006, 01:29 PM
I will be legally changing my name soon. I plan to keep my last name because I don't want to sever my kinship with my two children (who share the same last name) so I'm working on making the (new) first name harmonize.

Casey Morgan
12-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I've used an assumed surname a few times. But since I know just about every single Polish American who has ever had my surname (my grandfather changed it to what it is now) my real surname doesn't give me much anonymity. I look at my assumed surname as more of an AKA or pen name.

EricaCD
12-28-2006, 01:47 PM
When I need a full fem name, I use the pseudonymous surname Foley. Same first initial as my actual last name, and it seems to fit reasonably well with the first name Erica. Erica, as I have noted before, is not a feminized equivalent of my male name.

Ranee Daze
12-28-2006, 01:49 PM
My name is first just a smart-ass pun, but also a reflection of a certain realities, that I would often use my dressing as a mood enhancer for all of those "rainy days" which fall into our lives from time to time. Up here in Ottawa Ranee is a very common name, as is Daze, but with an accent on the "e". I guess it also reflects that in my moments of crossdressed bliss I am often daze(d).

TxKimberly
12-28-2006, 01:59 PM
This might sound wierd, but I use my mothers maiden name.

Kim

Jocelyn Quivers
12-28-2006, 02:04 PM
My last name Quivers was the maiden name of either my paternal great great grandmother or great grand grandmother. Kind of a respect thing to my female ancestors. Jocelyn

Lisa Golightly
12-28-2006, 02:06 PM
My first name was to be my female birth name... My surname is Holly's, my spiritual sister.

linnea
12-28-2006, 02:24 PM
My name--Linnea Carol--comes from the name of the Swedish taxonomist Linnaeus Carolus. This reflects my own interests and background.

Peg
12-28-2006, 02:57 PM
My first name Peg was given to me by a friend of my wifes she liked my first wig. said it fit the name peggy . last name is my mothers maiden name. .Peg

stephi
12-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi Emma,

I always loved the name Stephanie as it is so so femme....as is Emma. All of the Stephi's I have known have been gorgeous - in my every day life and on television and film and I wanted to be so as well. It is the only name I use and bears no relation to my own.

Stephi XX

Sierra Evon
12-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Sierra Michelle Evon

Sarah Rabbit
12-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I always liked Julie or Cathy as a female names, however when I accepted who I was and decided I needed a name, neither of those two seemed to fit. I spent days pondering what to cal myself. Sarah just kept comming back to me. When I joined CD.com I mucked up the registration and could not use my intended last name, so I chose Rabbit. Rabbits are my favourite four legged creatures.:D

Sarah R. :bunny:

Natasha_82
12-28-2006, 04:30 PM
For me it was because there is this women named Natasha that I see and she's always dressed in clothes that make me think WOW that looks good. As for my last name I just picked it

Bethanygirl
12-28-2006, 04:54 PM
It seems like we had this thread before, but here goes-I was christened Bethany by a dear girlfriend who started me on this road. :happy:

Karmen
12-28-2006, 05:04 PM
I just like that name :happy:

Brenda Elizabeth
12-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Some years ago because I knew I was going to be a bit of a shopperholic and would be using my credit card for purchases, which is not titled, I decided to pick fornames name to correspond to my initials, hence Brenda Elizabeth. I sometimes use my actual Surname as well when circumstances require.
Hugs
Brenda

Paula G
12-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Paula is the feminine version of the name usually connected with my male name. For the last name I chose Graham, thought it sounded good with Paula at the time.

Thora
12-28-2006, 08:04 PM
My legal name is male. :( It is the only name that counts in money and the law. I go by a couple female names right now. One Norg, one Svenska (Una). :happy: It only matters that you like it. I like all the names I've used. Since it really doesn't matter to the bank, the law, or my employer what my female name is, I can have fun with it.

My advice to all, have fun with it.

My favorite from this string, Ranee Daze.

AlysonCD
12-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Well, I used to go by Beth after the first girl I had a crush on. After I started having red hair, my gf told me I'd look better as an Alyson then a Beth. Course, she spelled it a different way then what I do. I spell my name like this after the actress. That and I like the way it looks.

linnea
12-29-2006, 03:32 PM
My name--Linnea Carol--comes from the name of the Swedish taxonomist Linnaeus Carolus. This reflects my own interests and background.

Since posting my first response to this question, I went on-line and did a Google search of my name and found the following:

"The girl's name Linnea is pronounced le-NEE-ah, le-NAY. It is of Scandinavian origin, and its meaning is "lime or linden tree". Also the name of a small pink mountain flower that was named after the Swedish botanist Carl Linnaeus, inventor of the universally recognized system of classifying plants and animals. Swedish girls are given this name with a small blue flower in mind. Literary: there is a character named Linnea in a popular series of children's books by Christian Bjork.

"Linnea has 9 variant forms: Lenae, Linea, Linna, Linnae, Linnaea, Lynae, Lynea, Lynnae and Lynnea.

"Similar baby name suggestions for Linnea are Lina, Lianna, Liana, Lanna, Lianne, Lenna, Liane, Lynne, Linn, Lonna, Lynna and Linnie. Search for more names similar to Linnea starting with Li-, Lin-, Linn-, Linne- or ending with -ea, -nea, -nnea, -innea.

"Linnea is a popular female first name and a very rare surname, according to the 1990 U.S. Census. Displayed below is the baby name popularity trend for the girl's name Linnea."

I left out the "popularity trend" graphs, but I was pleased to find that the popularity of "Linnea" is growing.

brandycd
12-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Well...I just sorta picked it after a few go 'rounds with the wife. She said I should have a name....and I like to dress kinda trashy.....and we both agreed that Brandy was a sorta trashy name.

No offense to no trashy Brandys of course...

:redface:

AlysonCD
12-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Well...I just sorta picked it after a few go 'rounds with the wife. She said I should have a name....and I like to dress kinda trashy.....and we both agreed that Brandy was a sorta trashy name.

No offense to no trashy Brandys of course...

:redface:

Well, for a "trashy" Brandy, you have some very cute legs

helen,j
12-31-2006, 04:02 PM
I am called helen after a very close gg friend who i came out to Love Helen

susie evans
12-31-2006, 06:21 PM
my wife started calling susie a long time ago and it just stuck

Trinni
12-31-2006, 06:24 PM
One day I had on a pair of panties and the name Trinni just came to me. Now privately it has become a part of me.

Billie2day
12-31-2006, 06:45 PM
I guess i'm in minority Billie is the femm equivalent of William. My pen name is Westley Ames and I could not find a suitable femm equivalent so I stuck with Billie.

Sweet Jane
12-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Standing on the corner, suitcase in my hand
Jacks in his corset, Jane is in her vest
And me, I'm in a rock and roll band
Sweet Jane...

I don't have a femme name...I was playing Sweet Jane just before finding this site, used it as an "apt login" and now it seems to be "me"...I could just as easily been a Candy Says, a Lisa Says, a Caroline Says or a Stephanie Says, a Holly, a Jackie, a Candy, or a Sugar Plum Fairy, but I wasn't playing those songs that day!!!!

ABJanel
12-31-2006, 07:05 PM
For me, it was this girl whom I thought I'd like to be like her so I'm using her name...besides I dont think there is a female version of my real name :p

Julie York
12-31-2006, 07:08 PM
I made it up.
The full name is Dame Julie De Lacy York.

But I only remember it when I am drunk.

Doh!

StephanieZ
12-31-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi Emma,

I always loved the name Stephanie as it is so so femme....as is Emma. All of the Stephi's I have known have been gorgeous - in my every day life and on television and film and I wanted to be so as well. It is the only name I use and bears no relation to my own.

Stephi XX

Well, I'm certainly not gorgeous, by a long shot, so my name is derived from my given name. Stephanie

JudyC
12-31-2006, 07:45 PM
I choose my name because of someone I once really cared for and truly loved.
Judy

Bluebird GG
12-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Bluebird means female in Europe, so it stuck with me!:D

DAVIDA
12-31-2006, 10:14 PM
I just added a letter to my male name. Guess which one.:heehee:
Love DAVIDA

Scotty
12-31-2006, 10:40 PM
I just kept my real name.....I am who I am......:)

tiffyjo
01-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Had a neighbor girl that was named Tiffany. Although she was almost 15 years younger than me, she was a hottie. I thought that was a sexy name, so here arrived "Tiffyjo".

Katelyn
01-01-2007, 01:15 AM
I didn't really like what the female verson of my name was.I wanted something prettier. I went for Heather as my first name for a while. Michelle was great for a middle name, but then I met a Michelle and things went bad with her so I didn't want anything to do with that name. So I Chose Heather Nicole. I kept this for a while until my girlfriend was playing around one evening (6 months afer I told her I x-dressed) and she called me Clarissa. I sounded like it belonged, so I Kept it. Now I wish I could choose a middle name. I'm thinking about keeping Nicole, or feminizing my middle name to Christina.:heehee:

JoBeth401
01-01-2007, 11:18 AM
I've gone through a number of names over the years and they are usually picked because I like them. I try not to pick a name of someone I know such as a relative/family friend.

Originally it was a name for a very close friend that went her way and we never had any contact again. I still use her last name as mine as it still feels like she was my sister. Her last name was Edwards, which I will always use.

I love the name Jennifer but do you know how many Jennifer's there are out there? :heehee:
I also loved the name JoBeth because I think the actress JoBeth Williams is a gorgeous, sexy lady and I can only wish but I really think I'm still searching for my name and identity.

Peka TG
01-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Paula would have been my name if I was born a girl. Peka is a name I got from my youngest granddaughter
she calls out peek-a and I call back Boo
:hiding:
Paula

Lovely Rita
01-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I took mine from the Beatles. Definitely not anywhere near my real name.

Hugs

Sweet Virginia
01-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Bluebird means female in Europe, so it stuck with me!:D
"Bird" can mean "Girl" in some dialects of Northern England, but hey, c'mon. Europe's a big, diverse place, got loadsa languages here!LOL, Sw Vi, (would've been called "Victoria" if I'd been a lass.)

Amanda Jane
01-01-2007, 05:02 PM
amanda jane comes from an old friend who started calling me that when we went out to discos in the 70s / she thought i needed a girls name

i use my mothers maiden name for my last name

beverlyct
01-01-2007, 06:31 PM
I was using the Amanda until my sister named her daughter Amanda. So I switched to Beverly I forgot why picked though.

joaniecd
01-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Mine was the name My Mother had picked for me If I was a girl, guess she should have named me "SUE".

Tracy Lynn
01-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Mine is mine, just spelled a letter or 2 differently.