PDA

View Full Version : An Analogy

Rachaelb64
12-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Being a newbie here, I've been reading a lot of threads and posted a few replies.

Thinking about all this a thought struck...........

Crossdressers and Trekkies are similar in many ways.

1st - It's seems that it is mainly the male of the species that indulge in the past time/hobby/lifestyle.

2nd - It's socially unacceptable to be either a crossdresser or trekkie, at this point I am not which less acceptable. :heehee:

3rd - Both involve or can involve dressing for the part :D

4th - There seems to be a wide spectrum of the degree of involvement to both crossdressing and trekkies. For example, some crossdressers may find the simlpe enjoyment of wearing lingerie can fulfill their needs while others its 24/7 fully dressed. As with trekkies its can be the odd DVD here and there or its total commitment to all things star trek.

5th - There seems to be an equal reaction from SOs/gfs/wives in the acception/rejection side.

6th - It can become an obession for some.

Like I said it was just a thought, a bit of a light hearted look at life :D
And before anyone asks yes I am a crossdressing trekkie :D always wanted one of those little red star trek dresses :D

Calliope
12-28-2006, 01:08 PM
And before anyone asks yes I am a crossdressing trekkie :D always wanted one of those little red star trek dresses :D

Can't say the analogy works for me, but it's way cool you're getting your passions dancing together!

TxKimberly
12-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Being a newbie here, I've been reading a lot of threads and posted a few replies.

1st - It's seems that it is mainly the male of the species that indulge in the past time/hobby/lifestyle.

2nd - It's socially unacceptable to be either a crossdresser or trekkie, at this point I am not which less acceptable. :heehee:

4th - There seems to be a wide spectrum of the degree of involvement to both crossdressing and trekkies. For example, some crossdressers may find the simlpe enjoyment of wearing lingerie can fulfill their needs while others its 24/7 fully dressed. As with trekkies its can be the odd DVD here and there or its total commitment to all things star trek.

5th - There seems to be an equal reaction from SOs/gfs/wives in the acception/rejection side.

Yep! I'm a Trekkie, and I've always wanted one of those little red dresses too!lol

Kim

Kate Simmons
12-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Guilty as charged Hon. I have only one thing to say about that:"Ahead warp factor 10 and engage!:alien: :battingeyelashes: :happy: Ericka

Casey Morgan
12-28-2006, 01:19 PM
LOL That's pretty good Rachael. May I add one more?

7th - There is an abnormally high number of self-professed geeks and nerds among the members. (OK, "abnormally" isn't the word. What word means the number is significantly higher than what they represent in the standard population?)

marie354
Yea, All I've been able to find reasonable priced is a red Next Gen blouse.

Karren H
I love Star Trek....and STNG....and even better Stargate SG-1....more when Richard Dean Anderson was there....... And my wife says I obssess over lots of things.......Stock Market....my Blackberry....My new Radio Shack Pro-97 scanner....dressing like a girl...

:D

Love Karren

Jocelyn Quivers
12-28-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm also a trekkie, come to think of it, when I was single I had to hide that almost as much as my crossdressing from women I dated. :D Definetly liked the orginal series better, but only because of the female uniforms.:D Jocelyn

Diana West
12-28-2006, 01:25 PM
I traded being a trekkie for being a crossdresser.

Andrea Nicole
12-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Hi,
I'm an engineer...retired now, but am a trekkie. I would love to have the short outfit and boots Ohura wore on the original series, or that baloney skin jumpsuit 7 of 9 wore on Voyager. Sorta have one outfit like that...
Huggs,
Andi....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/AndiNic/a044.jpg

TxKimberly
12-28-2006, 01:30 PM
OK Folks,

This is probably sharing more information than I should, but I helped with the creation of this fan film. I'm willing to brag about what I did by PM but don't want say much in the public area as it would be putting just a bit too much info out there for people to stumble across.

Follow the links for "The Tressaurian Intersection" then watch the segments. It follows the journey of another star ship (Exeter) during Kirks time.

http://homepage.mac.com/starshipexeter/

Fair warning, the last segment is not complete so your going to be annoyed when you discover that you can't yet see how it ends!

Kim (The Trekkie)

Tree GG
12-28-2006, 01:33 PM
OK, I'm the Trekkie in our family. Even got the paperback short stories published from the scripts of the original series.

If you want the little red dress, check out The Star Trek Experience at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas. They had the uniform shirts and dresses in the gift shop last time I was there.

Beam me up, Scotty.

JoAnnDallas
12-28-2006, 01:52 PM
I am both a Trekkie and a Nerd LOL, since I am a software engineer. Going to CES in Jan 2007, which is Nerd Navda and have meet some of the orginal Trek crew.

CaptLex
12-28-2006, 02:31 PM
I agree with most of it, but . . .

I'm really not sure about this one - I know an awful lot of female trekkies and female crossdressers. They may not make up the majority of trekkies or crossdressers, but definitely a large percentage (IMO).

You forgot to mention friends. My friends don't get my Trekkin' ways . . . but they assure me they love me anyway. :itsok:

I don't think there are any Trek costumes I'm particularly fond of, but you couldn't pay me to wear a Romulan suit - those shoulder pads are sooooo 80's. :rolleyes:

Julie York
12-28-2006, 02:47 PM
SPOCK: The way you are dressed is illogical Captain.

KIRK: You don't like it? Red stockings...pink high heels....red satin bra and pink panties?.....It's called crossdressing, Spock.

BONES: It's crossdressing Jim...but not as we know it.

pinkshelly
12-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Hup, I'm guilty. I what I would give to be 7 of 9. wow.

Sarah Rabbit
12-28-2006, 04:17 PM
but you couldn't pay me to wear a Romulan suit - those shoulder pads are sooooo 80's. :rolleyes:Ahh, that explains Michael Jackson, in his thriller days with the red suit...always thought he was Extra-Terrestrial.:lol:

Sarah R. :bunny:

occdresser
12-28-2006, 07:02 PM
I am probably the only one here posting that is not! a star trek fan:sad: , but that little red dress sounds like something I would enjoy wearing:shades:

trannie T
12-28-2006, 07:40 PM
What would Spock wear? Would he pierce his ears?

RobertaFermina
12-28-2006, 07:47 PM
StarTrek wannabe fantasies:

TOS: I grew up from 11 to 14 with Spock as My Guru. Awesome for my grades, hell on emotional life. PLUS, I had an accident at age 17 and absolutely can cause only one eyebrow to raise as I say (with dubious reservation) "Interesting."

Now I wannabe Captain Kirk - I got the voice and rhythm down pat.

If I had to pick a girl, it would be Majel Barratt(sp?), a.k.a. Nurse Chapel. One of the few cold 'Doms' that I can get into. (seeing as how she has dominated Rodenberry's Legacy).

DS9: Totally dig the earrings that the Bejorans wear - and the guys are so wonderfuly androgynous - come to think of it, so was Keira. I wannabe Bejoran !

STV: The guy and girl in me are unanimous about wannabe-ing Seven of Nine. Though physically I'd probably do better as "Captain Kate."

TNG: Since I lost 120 lbs, and shaved my head, I just love saying "Tea, Earl Grey....Hot!" Wannabe Jon-Luc Picard. But I get all ga-ga when I think about doing dressup as the Betazoid Counselor Deanna Troi - Now that's a Gal I wannabe - lush AND empathetic ! Being her might be what it takes to develop a yen for Jonathan Frakes! It is everything I can to to have empathy for Data and NOT want to be him (still recovering from over my teen-age Spock discipleship).

TMI? Oops!.....outed again ! :doh:

susandrea
12-28-2006, 08:15 PM
The Star Trek episode "Turnabout Intruder" has Captain Kirk's personality swapped with that of a woman, and he's in her body for most of the story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnabout_Intruder

The set crew's nickname for this show was "Captain Kirk, Space Queen."

And here is a pic of the woman he got to inhabit:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/susanxo/180px-JaniceLester.jpg

Rachel Morley
12-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Ooooh...me too!!! Bring on those little short red dresses! I love STNG best, I love Counselor Deanna Troi and Doctor Beverly Crusher :D

AlysonCD
12-28-2006, 08:22 PM
I dunno if I'd want one of the red dresses, but I'd love to have that blue dress /hose/heels Troi would wear on TNG.

susiegrl19
12-28-2006, 08:27 PM
I would love one of those litle red dress's. "Beam Me Up Scotty"

Sally24
12-28-2006, 09:17 PM

7th - The Internet has helped both florish with millions of sites catering to each of them, without the general public even being aware of either.

8th - Either you have a good sense of humor about it, or you think you’re crazy

9th - Both Crossdressers and Trekkies started when they were kids and refuse to give it up and "grow up".

10th - Both have involved some pretty sexy clothes.

Sally24
12-28-2006, 09:25 PM
And yes, I am a Trekkie (don't call me a trekker!) from the first episode onwards. I have a Shatner autograph from 1968 before he was really famous and have a personalized liscence plate for my car that is a star trek word. My daughter has made the red miniskirt suit from classic trek so I suspect the pattern is around here somewhere. Now what should I wear for next halloween?

Sally

Jammie Lyann
12-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Ok guilty Im a trekkie; I have every show, original, new gen, deep space nine and voyager, have not gotten any of the star trek entrerprise shows yet ( not sure if there out yet ) also have plates hanging on my wall of Original, new gen, an deep space nine, main char's. and I have signed pic's from an event I went to of Warf, Diana Troy, an Sulu.
ok Ill stop bragging now :D

admirerplus GG
12-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Rachael,

I think that there is merit to your analogy. Perhaps, for some, there is also confusion.:heehee:

Bridget Fitzgerald
12-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Yep! I'm a Trekkie, and I've always wanted one of those little red dresses too!lol

Kim

And how !!

Kimkandy
12-29-2006, 12:33 AM
yes I am a crossdressing trekkie :D always wanted one of those little red star trek dresses :D

Well you could try here but there sold out for now... http://www.costumecraze.com/ST02R.html?PHPSESSID=b4c3bdd2b73738ed883d05ef5c145 218

Kim

:dom: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Joy Carter
12-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Trivia: So there was this character in the sixties version TV show. I only saw him once. He was called "Tremain" he could alter his surroundings at will and preferred earth Victorian times. He and Kirk did fight a sword duel. The actor had jet black hair, looked kinda Italian and was about thirty five at the time of the episode. There is a thread with this character pictured in it. He was dressed in a bright blue waist coat. The thread was called "Monti Phaethon meets Star Trek (video)?" I want the stage name of the actor. Much appreciate any help on this.

Kate Simmons
12-29-2006, 03:13 AM
I think it was William Campbell, Joy. I think he also played a Klingon in "The trouble with tribbles". Last I saw him, he was playing a judge on the Matlock series , I believe.

Casey Morgan
12-29-2006, 09:19 AM
I think it was William Campbell, Joy.

That's him alright. The episode is "The Squire Of Gothos" if that helps any.

kaitlin
12-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Wow, what's up with us girls ???? We are the best there is.... male, female and trekkies too!!!! I not sure if I want to be like Troi or be with Troi, "Make is so" Number one!! Kaitlin

Robin Leigh
12-29-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm old enough to have watched the original series when it was first broadcast (in B&W here in Oz). Mr Spock was a bit of a guru to me, too, until I realized how logically inconsistent his character was. :devil: I really wanted one of those 3D chess sets. :)

I guess I'm a fan, but I don't think of myself as a Trekie. I've seen all the original series episodes several times, but not all the STNG or Voyager eps. Or all the movies. I don't have any memorabilia, but I have read several ST books.

Nurse Chapel was a babe. But my favourite ST woman is without doubt Jadzia Dax. Who was a bit TG, if you think about it.

Deanna Troi was hot, but I like her Mum's personality better. Remember that episode when she & Odo got trapped in a lift overnight? I wonder what happened. :)

Robin

kateyliz
12-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Another trekkie here, but I wanted to be or to have Yeoman Janice Rand. Have any of you trekkies gotten yourselves hooked on the Firefly series like I have? Hugs, Kathy.

Sierra Evon
12-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Former closet 'Trekky", turned T-Girl, " Readings Mr. Spok ? " , seems to be pure energy, facinating!!!!!!!!!, Sierra's web, :happy:

Debra Lynn
12-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Okay, I loved the little red dresses, and the little blue dresses (STNG) that Deanna sometimes wore, but I cannot pull off a seven of nine!

Joy Carter
12-29-2006, 05:22 PM
I think it was William Campbell, Joy. I think he also played a Klingon in "The trouble with tribbles". Last I saw him, he was playing a judge on the Matlock series , I believe.

God Erica your the brain ! Thanks. I like to get on a tear about famous people and actors and track down all I can about them via the net. This one did stump me. Mr Campbell played in a late 1950's TV drama about two truck drivers. "Cannon Ball" was the shows name but the lead actor I don't know. Any guesses ?

Sally24
12-29-2006, 05:43 PM
http://www.tv.com/cannonball/show/13860/cast.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabssh&tag=tabs;cast

Lawren
12-29-2006, 06:17 PM
I have seen all 79 original episodes at least once, own the first seven movies on VHS, and always wanted to look like Counselor Deanna Troi. Does that make me a Trekkie and a crossdresser? Guilty as charged!

I am not disappionted that I have not seen the end of the Tressaurian episode. I am disappointed that my DSL is not fast enough to allow me to watch it but that all will change next week. My upgrade is already in the works.

Kate Simmons
12-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Lest we all forget , the symbiotes in DS9 could change their "sex" when they got a new host.:alien: :battingeyelashes: Ericka

Angela E.
12-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Guilty as charged.Funny how many of us are into sci-fi in general.-Angela.:alien: :alien: :alien: :GE: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Rachaelb64
01-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow! Open the gates and the water come flooding :D

Mind you in Star Trek's 'prefect world' nobody would care if Captain Kirk wore Uhura's little red dress :D

I still have to get myself one of those dresses my new boots would go great with that little red dress :D

:dom:

Penny
01-02-2007, 05:45 PM
If I could fill a star trek uniform like Gerry Ryan, you could beam me anywhere!:love:

:hugs:

Penny

ReginaK
01-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I'd say we're more like Furries than Trekkies.

Most average people are very familiar with the concept of the Trekkie. Furries on the other hand are still a mystery to most people, much like us.

eleventhdr
01-03-2007, 07:17 AM
To boldly go wheree few men have dared to go.

Most of us know by now that Kirk knew what where and how it was to be female having gone through that in the last original ep himself he could have givien up being Kirk and become someone else entirely indeed who know's where that might have lead.

And yeah i am with you although i have yet to purchase one of those oh so cute original star trek dresses have wanted one for a very long time one of these day's I will get one maybe soon I vote for a blue one myself science becasue then you could furhter research how to change people sees in the future and why not surely by then becoming male and or female wil be no big deal at all

it will be a normal thing

Oh well may The Doctor can shed some light onm that since he can travel anywhere in space and time and just maybe bring back some form of reasoning from the future and or the past how ever it just might work out is fine with me.

Short of being the doctor himself i would love to be one of his female companions..

And travel with him on the Tardis

Suzy!

Kate Simmons
01-03-2007, 08:22 AM
The concept of the transporter is fascinating indeed(as Spock would say). I remember in one of the episodes in the Saturday morning cartoon series, Robert April (the original Captain of the Enterprise) and his wife had to restore the members of the crew to their proper ages. They realized that the pattern buffers contained the program for them when they were younger. They were briefly tempted to return to their youth in this way but decided against it as they had lived a good life. Following this idea, it would be very easy to insert the appropriate data to change one's sex when re-assembled. This idea was never utilized in any episode that I'm aware of. It would make for an interesting story at least. Too bad this is just Science Fiction, or is it? Many of the original devices that were "fake" in the original series are now a fact of every day life. Makes you wonder sometimes, no?Energize!:alien: :battingeyelashes:

TxKimberly
01-14-2007, 06:15 PM
The Star Trek episode "Turnabout Intruder" has Captain Kirk's personality swapped with that of a woman, and he's in her body for most of the story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnabout_Intruder

The set crew's nickname for this show was "Captain Kirk, Space Queen."

And here is a pic of the woman he got to inhabit:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/susanxo/180px-JaniceLester.jpg

One of my favorites for obvious reasons. Now if I could only find that darn machine . . .
Kim

BOOTLOVINGGIRL
01-14-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm not a trekkie, although I do like the original series and would love to be a female member of the crew but I think you're underestimating the # of GG trekkies. Maybe they aren't all out of the closet but I've come across quite a few of them.

Amy07
01-14-2007, 07:08 PM
are great. Can we as a group find somebody to make the red dresses from ST:TOS? Costume shops are always out of stock.

MJ
01-14-2007, 10:31 PM

hi there
fascinating i am a big Trekkie too.. and i like the little red star trek dresses as well ... and i thought i was the only one
and yes i want to be 7 of 9 no resistance from me
And for so called startrek fans you all got it wrong it's " scotty beam me up " kirk never said beam me up scotty !!!
someone bury this thread lol