PDA

View Full Version : Mhh...

Evert
12-28-2006, 02:54 PM
I've got a birthday from a good friend saturday. At first I got totally stressed! ...should I bind or not? Can I wear a boxer? Should I shave? Arrghh!!!
I have to sleep there because it's to late (and probably to drunk) to go home. I really freaked out. But I decided to go my own way. I want to go as a male to that party. She will understand I think...

What do you think? Should I go "as me" or just keep the peace, shave and leave the binders home? :straightface:

By the way.. I'm hoping to get my ear pierced next Tuesday. Only the right ear. Yeah! :D

Kieron Andrew
12-28-2006, 02:57 PM
yup go as you feel comfortable......if that means binder and such then do so

CaptLex
12-28-2006, 03:05 PM
If she'll understand, then no need to stress out about it, I think. Go the way you feel and be comfortable. I think your friend will be happy to have you there, no matter what you wear.

BTW, I have an earring in my right ear too - very cool . . . very piratey! :D

Evert
12-28-2006, 03:06 PM
BTW, I have an earring in my right ear too - very cool . . . very piratey! :D

that's one of the reasons, yes.. YARRR! :D

bi_weird
12-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Have you talked to her about all this before? If there's going to be a lot of other people there, you might consider asking her what she thinks, just because she may not want you making a fuss at her show. But if she's cool, I'd say you're probably fine going as a boy. Better to make it clear to those around you who you are then to give in for no good reason.

Evert
12-29-2006, 04:43 AM
I never talked about it with her. However she once saw me when I was Evert and she didn't seem to care...

Dasein9
12-29-2006, 02:44 PM
I recently went to a friend's party where there were some older, conservative people. (Oi, this is what happens when friends start getting really into sailing, of all things! But I'm trying to be supportive of her weird new lifestyle.)

I wore my suit, and this friend introduced me around using my girl name. (We've been friends since high school, so she gets a pass. This time.) One of the older, conservative guys got my pronoun right from the beginning, without being asked. The others looked at me a bit strangely, but did just fine with it. At one point, one of them made a comment I took to be fairly homophobic ("That's awful!" upon being told that the other guy knows a boy who's being raised by two moms.) But I just carried off the suit and acted totally normal, and so did they. Mostly, I suspect, people don't want to make a scene. Sometimes etiquette really comes in handy.

Lex
12-30-2006, 07:20 AM
If you don't make a big deal then it's likely that noone else will, so just go as yourself and don't make a fuss over it.

Kieron Andrew
12-30-2006, 07:22 AM
If you don't make a big deal then it's likely that noone else will, so just go as yourself and don't make a fuss over it.
thats what i do, i dont even raise the subject or 'ask for permission' anymore....i will dress how i wanna dress, binder and all!,

Evert
01-01-2007, 01:28 PM
well, stress for nothing. :D

Some people were a little confused, but didn't mention a thing.
She did notice my boxers but she actually liked them! :straightface:

Thanks everyone.., :hugs:

CaptLex
01-01-2007, 02:44 PM
well, stress for nothing. :D

Some people were a little confused, but didn't mention a thing.
She did notice my boxers but she actually liked them! :straightface:

Thanks everyone.., :hugs:
I think it's normal to stress out at first, but it gets a little easier each time. Glad it all went well. I'm sure they like you, no matter what you wear. :happy:

Cheryl GG
01-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I am glad you went as you were most comfy and I am glad that all went well....C/

Evert
01-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah got a hole in my ear! Yeah! :D

CaptLex
01-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Now you're a real pirate . . . arrrrrr!!! Here have some rum! :cheers:

I want to get a tattoo . . . :D

Evert
01-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Now you're a real pirate . . . arrrrrr!!! Here have some rum! :cheers:

I want to get a tattoo . . . :D

Me too! :D

but the money eh?.. :(

What do you want? A skull on your back? :p

John
01-02-2007, 05:00 PM

bodily damage, yay.

I had both my ears pierced a few years ago (while still 'girly') but one of them went bad a few weeks ago. It’s obviously a sign I need only the wright one done too.

CaptLex
01-02-2007, 05:20 PM
Me too! :D

but the money eh?.. :(

What do you want? A skull on your back? :p
No, not on my back, I want them where I can see them (maybe the forearms). I can't decide between a pirate tattoo and a tranny tattoo, so I may get them both - also when I have the money.

Joshua, you're ahead of the game - a born pirate. :heehee:

Evert
01-02-2007, 05:41 PM
I can't decide between a pirate tattoo and a tranny tattoo, so I may get them both

I would love to have a tranny tattoo, but I cant think of one... show me some! :D

*edit*

my tattoo wishlist...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/OomEvert/tattoo/bourgeois04.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/OomEvert/tattoo/valknut.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/OomEvert/tattoo/celt72.gif

And here is my ear:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/OomEvert/ear.jpg

CaptLex
01-02-2007, 07:36 PM
I would love to have a tranny tattoo, but I cant think of one... show me some! :D

*edit*

my tattoo wishlist...
Very nice list, Evert. I like this one:

I also like the pink and blue CD.com logo at the top of the page (but just the logo, not with the words)

MJ
01-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Very nice list, Evert. I like this one:

I also like the pink and blue CD.com logo at the top of the page (but just the logo, not with the words)

hi all i like the logo too, but were would i put it ?

Kieron Andrew
01-02-2007, 08:22 PM
on ur shoulder or upper arm

CaptLex
01-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I was thinking about inside the forearm - between the elbow and the wrist. I may have to get liquored up first. :heehee:

Evert
01-03-2007, 06:25 AM
The logo is nice... :D

mmhhhh the symbol would make a nice tattoo indeed... would be fun to tattoo that on my wrist... :D