PDA

View Full Version : Driving In Heels

Glenda58
12-28-2006, 09:27 PM
I notice that when I'm driving wearing heels I drive 10 to 15 MPH slower than when I wear flats or my male shoes. Also the higher the heel the slower I go. Does this happen to you when you drive? It's not like I'm trying to go slow I just do.

Peg
12-28-2006, 09:29 PM
I guess driving in the 70's gave me practice wore the platform shoes back then
Peg

Kate Simmons
12-28-2006, 09:31 PM
At first I went slow but it just took me a while to get used to the different angle and pressure. Now I can drive just as well being a high stepper or flathead.:happy:

Andrea Nicole
12-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi,
Exactly the same here...the higher the heel, the slower I go.
Huggs,
Andi.

carla smith
12-28-2006, 09:53 PM
No. Maybe when I first did it , but now I just go the speed limit...stoped twice dressed as Carla....(no tickets, I cried and got out of them..lol), I drive the speed limit while dressed.

Have fun out there!

Rachel Morley
12-28-2006, 10:09 PM
No, I just drive more sensibly and defensively anyway when en femme because I'm scared stiff of getting pulled over by the police and then having to explain myself :worried: However, I do know what you mean about driving in heels, it feels weird and so I feel like I should slow down and pay attention more.

Tina Dixon
12-28-2006, 11:01 PM
I drove a few times dressed, what a thrill, I think I went the limit so I would bring any attention to me.

Karren H
12-28-2006, 11:07 PM
I notice that I drive slower and safer when enfemme than when in drab...at first I thought it was because I was afraid of being pulled over for breaking the law....but now I know that the slower I drive the longer I can stay enfemme!!! It's a subconsious thingy....Sigmund would be so prowd!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Glenda58
12-28-2006, 11:13 PM
I think the heel keep your foot farther from the petal so you need to bend your foot more than normal without heels.

Chiana
12-28-2006, 11:14 PM
The first time I drove in heels I was actually disappointed because it felt so normal. But like others, I never drive the speed limit in guy mode but I observe ALL traffic rules and regulations when in drag. I really don't want that unwanted extra attention from the men in blue.

Bethanygirl
12-29-2006, 01:46 AM
I think possibly you are just not used to it, heel size has never mattered to my driving speed...

finacarina
12-29-2006, 01:49 AM
mmmm no way the higher my heels the faster I drive!

Samantha43
12-29-2006, 02:10 AM
I guess the few times I have driven in heels I didn't notice. I was so freaked out at being seen by someone I know, or being pulled over by the police, that I concentrated on driving the speed limit.

hellbound666
12-29-2006, 02:15 AM
i drive slower when i have on my heels, just to try and keep myself from shifting as fast, and tearing up the carpet when i slam my foot on the clutch. but in an automatic, i dont drive slower

Eugenie
12-29-2006, 02:59 AM
I've never driven while "en femme" :sad: I wish I had the opportunity to do so. It must be very nice to express one's feminity as a driver.

One question to you all who have that experience: is it difficult to adapt to driving with high heel shoes? Note that here in France most cars have a standard shift (not automatic) making the use of pedals more crucial...
:hugs:
Eugenie

Kate Simmons
12-29-2006, 03:29 AM
Haven't done it with a standard shift yet Eugenie, but I'm sure I could get used to using the clutch if I had to. When you use the gas pedal you just have to get used to the pressure distribution on your feet. It's kind of different than just using flats or guy shoes.:happy:

Tia
12-29-2006, 04:37 AM
Haven't driven a car in femme, but I think I should... I have a another hobby (in addition to CDing): I seem to collect speeding tickets... :devil:

Kate Simmons
12-29-2006, 04:43 AM
Haven't driven a car in femme, but I think I should... I have a another hobby (in addition to CDing): I seem to collect speeding tickets... :devil:Careful Hon, Then they might pull you over cause you're a cute gal (especially if you are blonde :heehee: ).:happy: Ericka

beckypink72
12-29-2006, 06:45 AM
Use to drive more careful but still to speedlimit. Love driving in heels.

Cyndi06
12-29-2006, 07:01 AM
Haven't driven a car in femme, but I think I should... I have a another hobby (in addition to CDing): I seem to collect speeding tickets... :devil:

THAT could be an expensive hobby

Stormgirl
12-29-2006, 07:26 AM
Its about the same but I become a lot more paranoid because I do not want to get pulled over and have to deal with a L.E.O.

Marcie Sexton
12-29-2006, 07:37 AM
I to found myself driving slower, but careful to a fault, never crossing that yellow line:rolleyes: When I looked in my rear view mirrow, I would have a whole sting of traffic backed up, even if I was close to the speed limit...SO, I just slipped off my right shoe and drive barefooted...Now no traffic back ups...

Christina Nicole
12-29-2006, 08:38 AM
I don't notice a difference in driving due to heel size. I make a conscious effort to drive at reasonable speed when en-femme. While I can and have gotten out of tickets while driving dressed as a male, I would not want to do that when dressed as a female.

I should add that I've been going out as a woman for over ten years. Therefore, I probably have adjusted to heels. The hard part is switching back from heels to flats. The muscles seem to knot up after taking off the heels.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Emily Ann Brown
12-29-2006, 08:44 AM
No difference here in speed, except like others I DO obey all the rules when dressed. 5 1/2 hours so far this week driving enfem. Love the truckers reactions to a cute blond chick !!!

Emily Ann

Robin Leigh
12-29-2006, 10:21 AM
...should be illegal, IMHO! Especially in vehicles with manual gear change.

What's the problem with keeping a pair of flat shoes in the car?

Robin

TxKimberly
12-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I notice that when I'm driving wearing heels I drive 10 to 15 MPH slower than when I wear flats or my male shoes. Also the higher the heel the slower I go. Does this happen to you when you drive? It's not like I'm trying to go slow I just do.
LOL

Well, I DO drive slower in heels but for a common sense reason - I don't want to get pulled over for speading! :-)
Kim

sarainpa
12-29-2006, 10:58 AM
during the exactly one time I tried it, didn't notice any trouble with the heels, but like many of the replies here, just remained in the traffic flow to avoid any problems. Did not notice anything funky with 3" heels.

Bobbie Jo
12-29-2006, 12:44 PM
:clap: I've tried to drive in heels before and almost had an accident. I guess i
had a hard time with the brakes.....Wow....:heehee: lol
Bobbie Jo
the new girl in town

ellieparsons
12-29-2006, 12:59 PM
I do drive more cautious & slower when in heels

Charolette time
12-29-2006, 01:05 PM

Maybe thats why the new cars have cruise control,:devil: tough driving a 10 wheeler thou, getting tar on them ugguugggugu:hugs: :heehee: Charolette

Scotty
12-29-2006, 01:14 PM
I've often wondered how to drive in heels, seems you would not get hte leverage to step on the gas pedal as well, or maybe the brakes either?

Jodi
12-29-2006, 07:37 PM
The first time I drove in heels was over 20 years ago. I have always driven a standard shift car. I've not noticed any difference in driving in 4" heels or flats. No a very thick platform (3" or more) might make a big difference. I don't wear hooker shoes like that.

Jodi

StacyCD
12-29-2006, 10:16 PM
I never speed when dressed because of my fear of being stopped by the police--but I never really speed anyway so its not really an issue anyway. However, for quite a long time driving dressed (while wearing heels of course) was the main way that I could get my fix of dressing and it certainly was about the longest time that I could be dressed. Even when I was en drab I occasionally underdressed with heels because I love the feminine feeling of stockings and heels!

Paula T
12-29-2006, 10:25 PM
except you normally are a little more cautious at least I am. When I go out with real high heels 4 inch or more my wife always says "you can't drive with those heels" :Angry3: but I alwats do:D

lahr
12-29-2006, 10:38 PM
I have only driven a car while in heels about a dozen times, No problems here. Also, I havent heard of any GGs having problems driving in heels. My wife does it five days a week. Hmmmmm. Maybe practice makes perfect? LOL.

DAVIDA
12-29-2006, 10:54 PM
I have driven the big rigs across country in heels, and never had a problem.

Bluebird GG
12-29-2006, 10:58 PM
what is a total pain is when your heel gets stuck in the gas pedal, and lookout and hope their isnt a smokey bandit around!:eek:

Adrienne Heels
12-29-2006, 11:01 PM
I drive in heels a lot, and have never noticed a problem...though I am sure to obey the speed limit when dressed!

Ashley1
12-30-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't get to drive very often while wearing heels so the lack of practice makes it somewhat awkward until I get used to it again. The drive home is usually easier than when I first start out.

Karmen
12-30-2006, 01:27 AM
I also drive in heels every time I go out dressed and never noticed any problems. Of course I pay more attention to the speed limits, since I don't want to get pulled over for speeding.

ShortSkirt
12-30-2006, 03:21 AM
Cruise Control :thumbsup:

Next to impossible in a 60's vintage muscle car with a 4 speed though LOL.

Phyliss
12-30-2006, 05:33 AM
Occasionally I'll have a relativly long drive to a new job site and I'll take the time to put on a pair of heels to drive. I make sure to bring a pair of "work" shoes with me and quick change before arriving. Not sure if a pair of 4" pumps would be accepable on a construction site. (well,....maybe they would, but I don't wanna find out)

Lawren
12-30-2006, 08:12 AM
It never changed my ability to drive at the same speeds. I just positioned the heel a bit to the left of of the pedal and allowed my toes to lean to the right a bit more. I guess it helps that I make myself very comfy when I'm driving. I do not "rense up" behind the wheel. I do drive more cautiously when dressed up for fear of something happening that will out me.

Lisa Golightly
12-30-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't drive in heels... I have these rather fetching pink driving trainers... I tend to think being able to stop a huuuuuge lump of steel fast is more important than looking stylish.

Billie Jean
12-30-2006, 04:42 PM
I drive with the ball of my foot on the gas so wearing heels doesn't make any difference. Billie Jean

crossing-the-rain
12-30-2006, 04:46 PM
No difference at all .
Rain

amanda barber
01-07-2007, 03:30 AM
I've driven in heels alot, mostly sticks, and never really noticed a speed difference. I have a little problem in big stuff especially with a 5+4. Normal shifts are fine but a major shift where you go up in one box and down in the other or vice versa I'll allways drag the heel on the floorboard and scratch the shoe up. :(

Right now the only vehicle I have access to is a Ford pickup. I has a high clutch pedal so skirt length is more of an issue than heel height. A conservative knee length skirt turns into a mini skirt after about 3 shifts.:o

Alice Torn
01-07-2007, 02:08 PM
The only several times I drove, was well over a year ago. I thought it was a rush, to see silky legs in high heels, down there, one on the gas pedal! But, the second time out, though going the right speed, a cop pulled me over, for wandering all over the road. It was night, and, I thought, "Murphy's Law!" The cop was less concerned about my dressing, and warned me to go to my motel, which was near by, and park , stay off the road. I was fortunate. Lucille

crossing-the-rain
01-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Yesterday morning,I drove my car with my new boots and black mini skirt on,felt good and comfortable.
Rain.

Sharona GG
01-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I have tried wearing heels whilst driving a couple of times, didn't feel very safe so I usually end up taking my shoes off to drive. :D

Sharona :love:

nataliecd77
01-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Ok I have tried drivng in heels as high as 51/2" I didn't notice a difference in Top speeds although it did seem to take me a lil longer to get there. The heels change how far you have to push your toes forward to accelerate. It wasn't horrible or uncomfortable just a lil odd compared to flat shoes.
Love,
Natalie

Sarah32
01-13-2007, 09:56 AM
hi i drive my van today with high heels on and it was great fun i drive to all the limits as will

JoAnnDallas
01-15-2007, 10:25 AM
I have driven while wearing 3.5" high heels with no problem.

Jenny Wilson
01-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I've driven thousands of miles in flats, heels, and platforms. When in drab I drive 10 mph over the limit. When wearing girl shoes or when totally en femme I exceed the limit by about 5 mph, or match the flow of the traffic.

I've never had a problem adjusting to the shoes I'm wearing at the moment, even when driving a stick.

I was on a rally once and one of the other drivers was a girl in her mid 20's who was wearing a pair of 1-1/2" platforms that had 5" heels. I asked her if they were a problem and she said, No, not at all!" She was driving a Mustang with a stick and due to the twisty roads, there was a lot of shifting that day.

Jenny