PDA

View Full Version : New year's eve parties

rachel_rachel
12-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi all, with the holiday season drawing to a close, and all the family stuff out of the way. It's time to let loose and party. Last new years' i dared a few mates into wearing dresses at our new years party... which they did. So did i, but i didn't do the make up thing like a mate of mine did. Well, just quietly, i think he may have had just a little bit too much fun with it.

Anyway, this years party is at his house, and again the theme is fancy dress, but there's a catch... something funny.

I have a few choices here, i could wear the same dress as last year and show off to his wife in the dress she was supposed to buy from me, or i could wear a pink strapless gown i have that i've worn to a party before, or could do the cowgirl thing. I have the little denim skirt, the little cowgirl shirt, the boots, and a pink hat.

I will put up some pictures later and maybe even a poll, the one with the most wins and that's what i'll be wearing. I'll even make sure that photos are taken this time and will post them here.

Thanks,
Rachel

marie354
12-28-2006, 10:12 PM
Sounds like a blast hun. Shame I live so far away. Love to join in.
:hugs:

Billijo49504
12-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Sounds like you are going to have fun. I definately live to far away from your party, but I know a few ladies from there. Hmmm! Have a great NewYears ....BJ

natasha
12-28-2006, 10:25 PM
If I only had the opportunity to go out enfemme I would. I have been hoping to find the chance but it does not look like it will happen. Oh well, sooner or later it will.............I hope!!!

RobertaFermina
12-28-2006, 10:26 PM
I'll wait for pix before voting....however I like the cowgirl get-up sight unseen.

What a great bunch of friends you have !

trannie T
12-28-2006, 10:58 PM
A festive occasion such as New Years is the time for one's best party wear. This time go all the way with a wig and makeup. You are going to be the belle of the ball. Enjoy!

rachel_rachel
12-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Ok then.... here are the photos

1 Pink gown with dimenties scattered all over, i wore this one last year too.

2 Baby pink ball gown, I've worn this one in front of most of my friends...

3 Same dress just with the shoulder wrap

4 Cowgirl outfit with hat

5 Cowgirl outfit without hat

Thanks,
Rachel

Stormgirl
12-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Just attend the festivities in drab

Kate Simmons
12-29-2006, 03:39 AM
I definately prefer the pink one Hon.:happy: Ericka

lady lycra
12-29-2006, 03:49 AM
Cow Girl
The pink Dress is too bridesmaid like. The red one is nice but I'm not too keen.
The cowgirl is fun and quite sexy too. If it were me, and we look to be of similar build, I'd go for the cow girl.... In fact, now that I've seen it, I might try to copy it :) The hat really finishes it off.

I don't like long formal dresses. My wife has many, and I've only ever wanted to wear one of them.

LL

rachel_rachel
12-29-2006, 05:59 AM
Cow Girl
The pink Dress is too bridesmaid like. The red one is nice but I'm not too keen.
The cowgirl is fun and quite sexy too. If it were me, and we look to be of similar build, I'd go for the cow girl.... In fact, now that I've seen it, I might try to copy it :) The hat really finishes it off.

I don't like long formal dresses. My wife has many, and I've only ever wanted to wear one of them.

LL

Why thanks for the complement there...I've actually had a really hard time putting that look together, the boots i only got yesterday (thursday) as i refused to pay the prices asked on eBay, and wouldn't buy retail for something that i'll just play in.
The little shirt, that was just as hard to find... Opp shops are great, and inexpensive too, that cost me $4.50.
The boots cost me $15.00 and the skirt i've had for a while.
The hat my wife bought for me, it was in a fundraiser at my son's school and you press a little button and a love heart lights up in the front.

Thanks for the comments and PLEASE keep voting.
Rachel

Rita Knight
12-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Hi Rachel,
If you are going to a more formal party, I would wear the red dress. For me, the problem with the pink dress is that its color is way too close to your skin color. I would also accessorize that dress with long red or black gloves.

rachel_rachel
12-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Only 24 hrs. until the poll closes... PLEASE help me decide.

rachel_rachel
12-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks to the 52 people that have voted in my poll. With only a few hours to go now, i think the pink gown may be a runaway winner.
Although with the current weather here at the moment i don't think i'll be wearing it. It'll get really dirty and then i'll have to pay for it to be dry cleaned.

Anyway, we'll see how we go, i have another outfit as a back up if the weather plays funny games.

michelleliz
12-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Blonds really look good in pink

Michelle Liz

Happy New year every one

Jodi
12-30-2006, 06:52 PM
RAchel, Whatever you wear, you want to cover your neck. Look closely at your pix. You have a distinctive, dark V-shaped tan line right at your neck. This is a no-no for a woman. A t-neck or a high crew neck would do the trick.

Jodi

Amanda Jane
12-30-2006, 08:29 PM
dry cleaning bills are just the price of dressing like a girl

finacarina
12-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Sorry Rachel my vote is for none of the above. This is a "New Years Party" not your Jr. Prom or some square dance festival. I know you can do better!

rachel_rachel
12-31-2006, 08:27 PM
First of all... Happy new year.

Well i can now say that i've been out in public in women's clothes. I didn't end up wearing the pink dress that was in the photos, it was a bit too warm last night for that. I wore a pair of jeans, and an off the shoulder top with big flared sleeves and a pair of white strappy sandles with a 4 inch heel.

The theme of the night was something fun, so also added a playboy bunny necklace and that was were the fun bit came into it.
I had one of my friends (actually he's going to be my best man at my wedding) sister do my hair and make-up, and she really did do a good job, looked really nice and natural without tarting me up at all.

Nobody was really surprised that i did wear something like that, although they thought i was going to wear a dress.. had them all fooled.

My friends do accept that i do what i do, they all have fun with it, so it's cool. Although my soon to be wife was acting like my overprotective boyfriend all night making sure i wasn't showing too much skin. HA HA HA

Rachel.