PDA

View Full Version : A dream comming true :) (long)

lady lycra
01-21-2005, 10:10 AM
My son goes to a local nursery school (kindergarten).
As my wife works full time it is me who takes him and collects him from this school. I also help out quite frequently and I'm popular with the other parents.
Most of the other parents are women.

Wednesday morning Some of the mothers were talking about "the game on Saturday". When I enquired about "the game" they said thay they have organised a netball match with some mums from the nursery school a mile or so away.

I suggested that I go along and take some pictures ( well, I am the school's offical photographer).
One of the mums suggested that rather than take the pictures, I could play instead! She said that they were 2 people down and would I like to help make up the numbers?

This has always been a fantasy of mine, but not to sound too keen, I said that I'd only do so if the other "stay at home dad did". He was asked and he agreed!

I mentioned kit, and was told not to worry as it will be supplied. It was then suggested that I shave my legs
Just to make sure, I jokingly said "I'm not wearing a skirt" to which the answer was "If we are then you are too. We've arranged 7 kits ALL the same"

I'm so excited. The game is at 10 o'clock Saturday morning.

I mentioned this to my wife on the 'phone. She's not a great supporter or "my deviant ways" but she's agreed. Apparently she was asked a while ago but didn't want to do it.
I doubt if she'll agree to me shaving my legs though

The game is just a bit of fun. I know most of the mums on the other team as we spend a lot of time together doing soft play and other after school activities. I've been assured that they won't mind the mixed team.

I will be taking a camera, and hope to get a team shot before the game(s)
I'm now busy studying the rules, trying to make sense of the basics.
--------------------------------------

Thursday morning about an hour after I dropped my son off at the nursery, I received a call on my mobile. It was Helen, one of the two organisers of the game. "We have a problem" she said "We're in the kit suppliers and the cost of 7 skirts and 7 tops is more than we've been given." I'm guessing that the money given was around 250 pounds, as that was the profit from the photographs.My heart sank. I guessed that she was going to ask me and Mat, the other dad, if we'd just wear own own shorts and T-shirt.
"we have found a solution," she went onto say, "but you may not like it"
I asked what the solution was.
"well," she said "a skirt and a polo shirt come to near 40 quid a set, but they do dresses, they're like a skirt and top but all in one. These vary from 25 to 30 quid each. We've spoken with Mat and he's game if you are."
I said that if Mat was happy then so was I, (happy being a slight understatment) I was then asked my chest and waist size. This information was given and I left the girls to it.

Thursday afternoon I went to collect my son and Helen presented me with a sealed plastic bag. "Give it a try when you get home and tell me if it fits." she said, "if not we might be able to change it before Saturday"

Needless to say, I RUSHED home.

This is where it gets even better.
The dress is very similar to this one (the black and yellow one) (pics off a sportswear site)
http://www.team-colours.co.uk/netball/image/6leotards.jpg

Needless to say I don't look anywhere near as nice in mine:) but I feel a million dollars:D
The colours are navy front with red sides. and the zip is up the back not the front. It's basically a leotard with a skirt sewn on.
The zip goes from the top of the skirt to the neck

It fits OK, a bit tight but I REALLY don't mind.
I phoned Mat to ask his opinion of his and he's quite shocked and unsure.
He wasn't expecting a leotard I think I've talked him round to it.

They were going to get a normal netball dress, but they decided that this one was better as "gym knickers" aren't needed. This is a shame for me in some respects, but most girls in the UK HATED gym knickers during school so they decided againt them. The difference in price was only a couple of pounds.

I'm looking forward to seeing the 5 girls in their's.(well, I've always had a thing about girls in netball kit)They're good looking in jeans and jumpers, in this..........................

So in 19 hours (I'm not counting) time I'll be about to live out one of my biggest fantasies, yet the dress is more than I could have ever dreamed of.

What happens to the dress after the game I do not know. I hope that I'll get to keep it, but it technically belongs to the team.

Sorry to bore you all with my longs posts, but I need to tell someone. I can't hold it in.

Linda

Georgette
01-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Now yall don't embaress use ladys and play like there is no tomorrow, Have fun it is a great feeling to show everybody who you really are.

Wendy me
01-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Now yall don't embaress use ladys and play like there is no tomorrow, Have fun it is a great feeling to show everybody who you really are.

who ever that may be................lol..................... :p

racheal
01-21-2005, 10:27 AM
My goodness Lady Lycra - I am so happy for you girl! Great pics - Where do you get your outfits? I have always wanted some like those ones that you are wearing. Gotta love the cheer leader clothing. :)

lady lycra
01-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Sorry Racheal, the pics aren't me :( I wish they were. These pics are of a site that sells a very similar dress.
I thought I made that clear in the post that it wasn't me.... Sorry.
The girl is the pics is about 20 years younger than me. I must say that I do (think I) look rather sexy, but my wife doesn't think so :)

There are loads of places selling netball gear on the web. Mainly from the UK or Austrailia. The sport is very big in Aus.
Type in netball kit or netball dress into google and see what comes back.
If I do have to give mine back, I know where to get a similar one :)
Most places have international order enquiries.

Linda

Tristen Cox
01-21-2005, 10:55 AM
This is some cool stuff. I'm thinking I want one of these outfits now :cool: Well good luck on the game, and we'd love to see any pics you get to take.

Love
Tristen

racheal
01-21-2005, 10:57 AM
This is some cool stuff. I'm thinking I want one of these outfits now :cool: Well good luck on the game, and we'd love to see any pics you get to take.

Love
Tristen
Yes, and so would I, you are really looking good Girl! Good luck with the game...

DanaJ
01-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I suggested that I go along and take some pictures ( well, I am the school's offical photographer).
One of the mums suggested that rather than take the pictures, I could play instead! She said that they were 2 people down and would I like to help make up the numbers?............
I will be taking a camera, and hope to get a team shot before the game(s)
I'm now busy studying the rules, trying to make sense of the basics.
So in 19 hours (I'm not counting) time I'll be about to live out one of my biggest fantasies, yet the dress is more than I could have ever dreamed of.

LindaWhy only "hope" to get a team shot? If you are the school's offcial photographer, wouldn't it be your duty to capture this event?

And besides - if this is one of your biggest fantasies ever, you owe it to yourself to photo and document it as much as you can. You will be kicking yourself forever if you don't somehow get dozens of photos from this event.

I would very much like to see some photos from this event, I hope you go through with it :) I bet you'll look great in your netball dress.

DanaJ

Wendy me
01-21-2005, 11:48 AM
to be just one of the girls.....................

lady lycra
01-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I already have quite a few pics of me in the outfit. But the team shot is down to the others wanting one. I'll probably get one but I won't be taking it.
I don't really want to carry a tripod with me :)

As for posting pic on here...... I'm not brave enough. They are hidden well in my hard drive so no one can find them, and that;s where they're staying They don't even have the .jpg tag anymore :)

I had a small problem with pics of a personal nature being fired around a few years back and the fear has never left me :)

I do have one of me in a different netball kit from a few years ago (a dress up session at home not a match) that might get an airing, but not the new ones..... Not yet anyway :)

17 hours to go!!!!! (I'm still not counting)

Linda

Paula A
01-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Good for you, sounds like you'll have a good time and the outfits are cute too.

Can I ask a dumb question?

What is net ball?

is that like vollyball here in the states?

DanaJ
01-21-2005, 12:47 PM
I already have quite a few pics of me in the outfit. But the team shot is down to the others wanting one. I'll probably get one but I won't be taking it.
I don't really want to carry a tripod with me :)

As for posting pic on here...... I'm not brave enough. They are hidden well in my hard drive so no one can find them, and that;s where they're staying They don't even have the .jpg tag anymore :)

I had a small problem with pics of a personal nature being fired around a few years back and the fear has never left me :)

I do have one of me in a different netball kit from a few years ago (a dress up session at home not a match) that might get an airing, but not the new ones..... Not yet anyway :)

17 hours to go!!!!! (I'm still not counting)

Linda
I was really wanting to see these, I think it would make a great pic, all these mums in their netball dresses and you too! I am sure that they would want their photos taken, after all they went to all the trouble and expense of getting these great looking netball dresses?

As far as showing any photos, couldn't you just fuzz out your face or crop it out of the pic? And if you cannot do that, I would be happy to help you do it if you'd like. Also, you could put the pix up on here and only leave them for a few hours, then immediately delete them, that would minimize the chance of anyone getting your photos.

I am the most amateur of photographers, but I always have my camera stuff in a bag and ready to go whenever I go for a makeover. At any rate, couldn't you get someone you know and trust to take a few quick photos of the entire group?

Here's hoping we see some photos to go with this great story! Good luck.

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
01-21-2005, 01:01 PM
Good for you, sounds like you'll have a good time and the outfits are cute too.

Can I ask a dumb question?

What is net ball?

is that like vollyball here in the states?

It was derived from basketball actually, do a google on netball and you'll get the basics and rules on how it's played as well as team sites.

Love
Tristen

Sweet Susan
01-21-2005, 02:39 PM
This is so cool. I've got a lump in my throat just imagining this happening to me. I wouldn't be able to resist shaving my legs, if I were you. I think you oughta just do it. What fun. Good luck. Wish I knew what the hell netball is, but running around with a bunch of women playing a sport sounds too cool.

DonnaT
01-21-2005, 02:54 PM
I mentioned this to my wife on the 'phone. She's not a great supporter or "my deviant ways" but she's agreed. Apparently she was asked a while ago but didn't want to do it.
I doubt if she'll agree to me shaving my legs though

We are green with envy Linda.

If you've ever wanted to shave them legs, nows the time. Just tell your wife the ladies insisted, and since she agreed you could play, then you figured she would be ok with the shaving too. Remind her that it will grow back.

Now, remember to act like a lady when playing, but not too aggressive :D

Holly
01-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Linda,
O-M-G. This is better than winning the lottery. You are sooooooooooo fortunate! You don't even have to play the game and you've already won! Talk about a dream come true. I don't want to sound like I'm pressuring you, but it would be a thrill for all of us to share your experience through some pictures. If you're up to it, it would be great.

Anybody seen Jenny?

lady lycra
01-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Today my wife sussed that I'd been wearing my outfit.
She'd hung it away, and when I returned it, I hung it in a different place (I'm normally ever so careful with things like that)

I admitted it. She was OK with it as long as it wasn't in front of our son.
He will be at the game tomorrow though. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with this. She knows that I'm VERY excited by this experience. I talk about it every chance I get.

More good news!
I was showering this evening before going out with friends. As I was showering my wife came into the bathroom, pulled back the shower curtain and handed me HER razor and shaving cream.

I asked if she was sure and her reply was "What the heck. Get it out of your system" she did insist on legs only though. But that's all I wanted anyway :)

What an experience shaving was. One I shall never forget.
A bit difficult around the top but otherwise wonderful. Only one knick as well. Not bad for a first attempt.

Ladies consider shaving such a bind. Me, I loved it, and I love the way it makes my legs look and feel..
I might give them another going over in the shower in the morning:)

She refused my request to allow me to wear stocking out this evening though

So 11 hours to go. I have hairless legs, and the sexiest, most fantasizable dress hanging in the wardrobe waiting for me to wear.

In 11 hours time I will be not just one of the team, but one of the GIRLS!!!!!

Linda :D

Sweet Susan
01-21-2005, 06:21 PM
This is great news, Linda. I hope your wife realizes that you will never get this out of your system. If she has any brains, which I'm sure she has at least an ounce, she'll learn to turn the tables on you, and use your crossdressing desires to her advantage.

DonnaT
01-21-2005, 06:31 PM
"Get it out of your system."

Yea, right! :D

Try to take it easy on you wife now. Don't overload her senses.

I hope you get her something nice for being so understanding!

I now this guy there that does wonderful pyrography.

lady lycra
01-22-2005, 02:04 AM
I now this guy there that does wonderful pyrography.

I though that was setting fire to stuff :)

I have bought her a watch. Nothing expensive, just one she pointed out the other day. I'll do something else later.

Last night was a whirl. I got very little sleep, and when I did the dreams and visions in my head. WOW!!!!

3 hours to go!!!! (I'm still not counting)

Linda

racquel
01-22-2005, 02:17 AM
Linda remember your tag line
Live for today today

crispy
01-22-2005, 04:04 AM
wow! you got some response to this thread. And I can understand why. It would be like a dream come true for me. I absolutely love the sports dresses. Thanks for the links, I'll definitely give it a go.

from another lycra lover..... :o

ENJOY THE GAME !!

Megan_Renee
01-22-2005, 04:13 AM
where can we find a team that'll invite us to play with them in dresses? I mean seriously!

wow... If only...

Megan

lady lycra
01-22-2005, 04:44 AM
30 Minutses to go, just a quick message to say thanks for all the support and encouragement.
I've been on my monring bike ride, came home ran a bath (unlike me, I usually shower) and I re-shaved my legs, just like you see the girls do in the films, God it felt good, not they they needde reshaving, but hey, make hay whilst the sun shines :)

I dried, and as am now dresssed ready for action. My wife took our son over to his grandmohers early this morning, so he doesn't see me.
She has also plaited my hair. In TWO plaits. I thinks she's getting into this :)

Gotta go, we meet at ten, and we have the court/pitch till 12:30.

God I feel good. I look great, and I can hardlt tpye my hands are shaking.

See you all later.

Linda

LindaTS
01-24-2005, 09:17 AM
Linda, you are one lucky girl. I think most of us would just about die to get a chance to do something like that. Good luck hon.