PDA

View Full Version : The mechanics of femme smiling

Bridget Fitzgerald
12-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Any tips on a better femme smile? I generally try to show a little more teeth and open wider (without looking like a shark)

Bethanygirl
12-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Just imagine that everyone you meet has just told you they think you are beautifull! You will get the smile on your face that you want... :thumbsup:

Calliope
12-29-2006, 01:36 AM
It's a listening smile, if that makes any sense. When I feel the top of my nose wrinkling a bit, I know I've got it.

Iniquity Blonde GG
12-29-2006, 04:56 AM
well from a GG point of view, ive been told my smile is dangerous lol !! :eek: and has melted a few hearts pmsl :devil: all i can suggest is try to think "coy" when you smile, not a full on smile, just sort of try keep ur lips together as such, then gently give a sly grin lol !! :D ( good grief carnt believe im typing this lol ) !! should work hun :thumbsup: :love:

Kate Simmons
12-29-2006, 05:04 AM
well from a GG point of view, ive been told my smile is dangerous lol !! :eek: and has melted a few hearts pmsl :devil: all i can suggest is try to think "coy" when you smile, not a full on smile, just sort of try keep ur lips together as such, then gently give a sly grin lol !! :D ( good grief carnt believe im typing this lol ) !! should work hun :thumbsup: :love: Giving away "trade secrets, are we WB? I must admit I seem to slip into this role quite easily, especially when it comes to being coy and flirting. HMM, maybe too easily. Sometimes I surprise (and scare) myself but once I get into the "spirit" of it, it's hard to resist sometimes. Smiling makes you seem friendly and approachable though.;) :battingeyelashes: Ericka

Cheryl GG
12-29-2006, 05:20 AM
The way a beauty pageant contestant keeps a smile that is sparkling and always gleaming...is to take reg old Vasoline in the odd jar thingy....and rub a small amount over your front teeth....this not only gives then a shiny wet look but it also will keep your top lip from sliding over the teeth....there for you would see a sparkling smile......I know it works because I was a cheerleader in high school and we always shined our teeth up right before games.....C/

ErikaLeigh
12-29-2006, 09:39 AM
2 Words....... Karen Hutton

Deidra Cowen
12-29-2006, 12:06 PM
This thread made me realize something!!! I freaking hate smiling as a chick and my pictures of me smiling just drive me crazy...because...I can really see my guy self poking out when i smile. So I must not be doing a female smile but a guy smile...lets face it. There are lots of mannerisms, body movements, expressions, etc that differ between girls and boys. This has to be one.

Now I gotta figure out how to get that femmy smile going. :D

Bridget Fitzgerald
12-29-2006, 12:07 PM
2 Words....... Karen Hutton

Got that right !!!

LeahCD2002
12-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Bridget,

The eyes have a lot to do with it! Make sure they are bright and large gurl!

Leah

Diana West
12-29-2006, 12:34 PM
It's odd. In the photos I've taken of myself, I think I'm smiling but I'm not.
The most I really do when en femme is a sort of Mona Lisa smirk.

Karren H
12-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I have no clue!!!

:D

Ok maybe a small one!! From all the research I've done in the mall...at lunches...is that women smile....well.. All the time. And it makes their face light up. And they don't just smile when they are happy or see someone they know... They smile for any reason at all!! Doesn't matter. And guys don't know how to smile like that! Took me months of practice before I stumbled upon the secret!!!

And for just $14.95 you to can learn that secret!! Have your Visa cards ready...Karren is standing by!! Help supliment my retirement accound!! Hehe

Just kidding!!

What you have to do and it can't be done the first time, with your teeth together... Open your mouth so that all of your teeth are showing then using you cheek muscles pull the edges of your mouth back and up as far as they will go!! Now at first it will be uncomfortable and un-natural but with practice and lots of it....it will come!!! And I doubtp you can hold it there for very long because your muscles aren't trained to work like that....yet...... Practice every day!!!

There is a tradeoff...you will start getting wrinkles where you never had them before....from all that smiling.

And once you learn....you'll never smile like a guy again...in any mode!!! Just hange out at the mall and watch the girls.... You'll see what I mean!! Now when I dress....I can't stop smiling!!!!!

Love Karren

Ohhh....and lots of dark red lipstick really helps.....smiling with a ligh pink lipstick just doesn't stand out...

Miss Terr
12-29-2006, 07:13 PM
I just learned to smile yesterday. As for laughing thats another story.:eek:

melissaK
12-29-2006, 07:27 PM
I never gave it a thought but I think Karen is right. I work in an office with 7 women, 2 guys. The girls are almost always smiling. Maybe that's part of why I like being with them more than guys. My wife says I have a great smile . . . guess that's not an objective opinion.

I think girls get to smile with more eye variations than guys too . . . a little batting of lowered upper lids gives rise to a sultry glance that no guy every gets to throw . . .

carla smith
12-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Just Kidding!

Darn! This is getting too hard...now I have to learn how to smile like a lady?
My smile is reflex action....I do not control it...it has a will of its own...It is all mine! Sorry if a look like a guy with a big toothed grin on my over made up face....but I like it!

Have fun out there!

trannie T
12-30-2006, 03:24 AM
In femme mode I smile because I'm having a good time. In male mode I smile once every three weeks. To have a nice smile don't force it, just remember how much you're enjoying things.

Kate Simmons
12-30-2006, 04:02 AM
Just Kidding!

Darn! This is getting too hard...now I have to learn how to smile like a lady?
My smile is reflex action....I do not control it...it has a will of its own...It is all mine! Sorry if a look like a guy with a big toothed grin on my over made up face....but I like it!

Have fun out there!No worries Carla. Girls are taught from an early age to smile and be pleasant whether they are or not. It must be in the gender programming. Granted, I smile a lot more as Ericka than I do as Richard but when I get that wry grin on my face, look out, it means you're in deep doo doo. I know, I had a lot of "training" from my wife on that one.:p Ericka

RobertaFermina
12-30-2006, 04:24 AM
As a guy, I just smile any old way. Sometimes dorky (cause I feel like a happy dork!) and sometimes smirky, or cheesy. No Problem, I can have a beer-gut or spinach in my teeth, and I'm still accepted as a regular guy. That won't fly for women.

Sometimes I guy-smile just like a woman; That's cause I'm glowing with confidence and ease.

This is easy enfemme when I AM at ease and confident. At other times I "fake it till I make it." If I convince myself I feel happy, and beautiful, my smile follows.

Someone said it is a "Listening Smile" - to me it feels like I am ready to receive and approve of whatever you have to say, without words I am saying "Uh-huh, Wow, Oh Yes!" I am receptive.

I have felt smirky smiles, or pained or uncertain smiles as smiles, they keep things out. They say "dumbass, jerk, or oy Vey!". Definitely not smiles that attract, and make your feel safe.

Looks like we all need acting lessons on the way to perfecting the feminine smile ?