PDA

View Full Version : Oucccccccccch!!!!!!!!!!

jessica123cd
12-29-2006, 09:50 AM
After reading a few threads on epilators I decided I would try it. It took us three hours but my wife and I did my whole lower body with it. All's I can say is Ouch!!!!! My legs are hairless right now but tender:happy: I see if it last longer than shaving, I hope the pain was worth it.....lol.

TxKimberly
12-29-2006, 10:51 AM
After reading a few threads on epilators I decided I would try it. It took us three hours but my wife and I did my whole lower body with it. All's I can say is Ouch!!!!! My legs are hairless right now but tender:happy: I see if it last longer than shaving, I hope the pain was worth it.....lol.
Jessica,

I have good news for you! It HURTS the first time, but the next time it hurts a little less, and each time it gets easier. It will never be pain free, but it will hurt less. More good news - no question, it DOES last longer than shaving and when it grows back, it is softer and not as "prickly"

Kim (been epilating for about 10 years now)

Tina T
12-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Jessica,

I have good news for you! It HURTS the first time, but the next time it hurts a little less, and each time it gets easier. It will never be pain free, but it will hurt less. More good news - no question, it DOES last longer than shaving and when it grows back, it is softer and not as "prickly"

Kim (been epilating for about 10 years now)

I totally agree. I've been epilating for 8/9 years now and wouldn't go back to the razor cuts and stubble itch again.

BethCD
12-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi all, I just bought one too and did my upper chest. A bit painful but Sooooooo much faster than plucking each hair!!
I continued past my chest and did a little bit of my lower neck, worked well.
Has anyone done neck or jawline or even face? Seems that would be a more tender area......Not to mention the more obvious red spots and rash.
Thanks, Beth:D

Scotty
12-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Do tell more, I had assumed epilators DID each hair individually.

Sounds like something I may be interested in!

Got pics of one?

Keely
12-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Just finished my legs and it didn't hurt much. Not the first time I've done them though. The epilator pulls each hair individually but more than one at a time. There are spinning twezzers that close over the hair and then ...gone.

Agree that when they grow back there is no stubble.

Sandra
12-29-2006, 03:01 PM
First time does hurt like hell but as time goes on it gets less painfull and you should find less hairs growing back. My legs are very patchy now and usually need doing about 8 to 10 weeks.

marie354
12-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Sorry gals, I'm not into pain. I believe that life should be pain-free. I wouldn't even want to wax. I use 2 razors though... A norelco for my face, followed by my tripple blade Venus, which I use on the rest of my body as well. My face needs shaving at least twice a day, but the rest I only need to shave once a week. No-Pain and Gain.:hugs:

Glenda58
12-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Get some lotion with aloe in it helps with the redness. Don't use it on your face or neck.

ShannonDragon
12-29-2006, 03:49 PM
I have used one for many years now. I have used it on my face. It works but not as well as it does on legs. The facial hairs are thicker and don't come out as well. Tied it once for underarms, NOW THAT HURTS!!!

:tongueout

Lanore
12-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Don't shave once and wait weeks to do it again. The longer you wait between shaves the more it hurts. I shave when I feel the slightest hair. Use a lotion afterwards.

Lanore

Melinda
12-29-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm glad to hear some good reports on epilators. I treated myself to a Vidal Sasoon electric body groom razor. I ran out of hot water in the shower and only finished my legs and face and then had to use a regular razor on my face. Geez. That dratted thing is going back to Target and getting exchanged for an epi-lady. After all, Beauty is Pain.

Peace,

Belinda

Stormgirl
12-29-2006, 10:01 PM
oh come on,don't be such a whimp :tongueout

StacyCD
12-29-2006, 10:08 PM
I recently bought an epilator and did the backs of my hands. I no longer look like I have ape hands! It was a bit painful because I've got a lot of hair (long). It was red where each of the hairs came out but the redness faded in about 24 hours. I am really hoping that I will be able to do a total body hair removal with the epiator and secondly get my ears pierced. I'm taking things slowly with my wife!

Sally24
12-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, don't use an eppilator on your face! It won't work as well and it can damage the hairs so if you ever have electrolysis it will make that much harder to accomplish.

Think of the eppilators as a rotary tweezer. It does many hairs at a time and keeps moving. Once you do it and keep doing it, there won't be alot of hair each time so your just cleaning things up a bit. You also should shorten the hair. It works much better on short hair. Long hair tends to get grabbed and snap a number of times before coming totally out of the skin. That hurts and makes the skin alot more irritated.

Sally

jennifer easton
12-29-2006, 11:03 PM
been useing my epi for oooh bout a month now just last night I finaly got all my chest hair done that for me was the worst, my hair on my chest is like wire any way my legs are now a pice of cake I do my bottom and up to my bikini line and my tummy, the more you do the better! My chest is touchy the bumbs last for two or three days, but just to be smooth and no stuble is worth it, no mater how close of a shave I got it still was stickie, xoxoxoxoJennifer

CDTiffany
12-30-2006, 12:56 AM
I really need to do my bust(chest) I was going to use an electric razor tommorrow.
Good Idea or not?
Tiffany.

Joy Carter
12-30-2006, 01:58 AM
I really need to do my bust(chest) I was going to use an electric razor tommorrow.
Good Idea or not?
Tiffany.

Get into the groove and epilate Hun ! And do buy a barber's hair clipper. They can be had for about $20.00. Shorten the hair to aboy 7/16. Otherwise the epilator might get damaged and it take too long to do the job.

Shelly Preston
12-30-2006, 02:19 AM
Yeah, don't use an eppilator on your face! It won't work as well and it can damage the hairs so if you ever have electrolysis it will make that much harder to accomplish.

Think of the eppilators as a rotary tweezer. It does many hairs at a time and keeps moving. Once you do it and keep doing it, there won't be alot of hair each time so your just cleaning things up a bit. You also should shorten the hair. It works much better on short hair. Long hair tends to get grabbed and snap a number of times before coming totally out of the skin. That hurts and makes the skin alot more irritated.

Sally

Some epilators are designed for facial use

Check the instructions

Scotty
12-30-2006, 02:58 AM
Do they sell these in the stores???

If so where, I'm off to buy one tomorrow :)

My leg hair is already fine, and while I'm sure it'll hurt the first couple times I'm good with that for 8 weeks of no shaving!!!

Besides my jeans rub my shins and calves bald, never have had hair there...or on my thighs. Another reason to shave (Or maybe epilate)....

:)

Michelia
12-30-2006, 07:35 AM
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. I am happy to report that even though my body hair is moderately thick, the pain was not really that bad. Not painless, mind you, but oucccchhhh! on my chest. Legs, thighs, and butt were a breeze. Tummy hurt a bit. Chest was pretty painful. Bikini line was bad, but irritation afterwards seemed to be less than after shaving. Results were awesome and after two weeks still pretty smooth. I will never ever shave again.

Michelia

Joy Carter
12-30-2006, 04:50 PM
BTW you will get some in-grown hairs along the way. Other than that why shave +?

Diannna
12-30-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry .......... I don't do pain too well. I've tried it and just would rather shave. Of course my leg hair is relatively light and sparse.

TxKimberly
12-30-2006, 05:42 PM
I can handle some pain, but doing the neck and chin would be out of the question for me.

Kim

Hi all, I just bought one too and did my upper chest. A bit painful but Sooooooo much faster than plucking each hair!!
I continued past my chest and did a little bit of my lower neck, worked well.
Has anyone done neck or jawline or even face? Seems that would be a more tender area......Not to mention the more obvious red spots and rash.
Thanks, Beth:D

Sally24
12-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I bought my Remington at Sears about a year ago. Try online to see which chain stores list them on their sites.

Sally

Angie G
12-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Jessica thats nuts babe and I'm not waxing I will shave and thats it hun I'm not into needless pain hun :hugs:
Angie