PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressor Models?

Jesse69
12-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Back in the early 90's crossdressing was hitting the scene with RuPaul and Dennis Rodman making waves. And U2 tried some on their album. But I saw on TV that there were also guys trying out modeling womens fashions in drag! Does anyone know or heard of such fashion model crossdressors? Any pics? Any crossdressor models of late or would they just get laughed off?

Well, if I was beautiful enough I'd give it a try!

Calliope
12-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Anyone remember the original (UK) album cover for David Bowie's Man Who Sold The World? He looked very elegant in that shot, suggested by his (female) manager.

ToyGirl
12-29-2006, 08:23 PM
there certainly are ts models , probably in some places cd models , i cant see why not. Though the main stream fashion designers are just trying to sell clothes and show they fit well on a female frame.

carla smith
12-29-2006, 08:37 PM
google this....."vicki rene prettiest of the pretty". go to superstars...you will see models that you thought were beautiful women. Try to get them on a sleezy talk show.....not!

Have fun out there!

TxKimberly
12-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Back in the early 90's crossdressing was hitting the scene with RuPaul and Dennis Rodman making waves. And U2 tried some on their album. But I saw on TV that there were also guys trying out modeling womens fashions in drag! Does anyone know or heard of such fashion model crossdressors? Any pics? Any crossdressor models of late or would they just get laughed off?

Well, if I was beautiful enough I'd give it a try!
My wife follows this reality show called "Janice Dickeson modeling Agency" where they have a competition to become models. A TS placed very well and lasted much longer than the others. In the end, they declined to hire her out of fear that their clients would sue them for 'representing her as a woman".
I was so happy that she was making it despite the fact that everyone knew she was TS, and while I don't tend to get too involved in reality shows, I was very saddened to see that in the end it was her undoing.
Kim

marie354
12-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm sure I saw a TS today in a commercial for my area. A trash to cash junk collector ad. She drove up, dropped off a few items, picked up a few, and drove off. She never said a word. The announcer did all of the talking. Maybe it was just a good CD'er. If I see it again I'll DVR-it and do the stop-frame and get a better look.
I can't be sure, of course, but the face looked somehow, familar. Gotta DVR-it.
:hugs:

hiprule
12-29-2006, 10:36 PM
there was a spread in W magazine about a year ago using androgynous models. The men wore women's clothes, but everything was very ambiguous: is it a man, is it a woman. That is, they tried to dress a new middle gender, not crossdress, it seemed. I dunno, it looked hot.

MarinaTwelve200
01-02-2007, 10:32 PM
I read somewhere where an Austrailian company used boys to model a line of women's swimsuits for their catalogue. Apparently it was to exploit a thin, androgenous look, and might have been easier to use boys than to hire female models of the desired shape for the work. But I have been unable to verify this.

Amy Hepker
01-06-2007, 08:47 AM
When I was looking through the Aldens catalog when I was a kid I wished I could have been the one modling those pretty dresses of the 60s.

Deidra Cowen
01-06-2007, 08:50 AM
I bet there are some stealth transistioned tgirls out there modeling. I know of a girl that is a airline stewardess for example that every once in a while comes to the clubs in Atlanta or SCC. She works as a lady and could model and no one would know.

Kate Simmons
01-06-2007, 10:25 AM
There are CD and TG models out there who model for catalogs but "mum" is the word. I mean, how would you feel if you were a woman who liked a dress that a man was wearing?:happy:

Marla S
01-06-2007, 10:36 AM
It's quite simple.
If a CD or TS is able to fulfill the model standards, why not ?
There are some once in a while, but they get trouble usually if they are read.
(a few years ago there has been a Miss Somestate here in Germany. When they found out she's not a GG, they deprived her of the title and excluded her from further competitions.)
But if they are not read, what's the point ?

Every once in a while there are attempts by fashion designers to make male mode more feminine, but that doesn't work, because one would have to get rid of the homophobia first.

marie354
01-06-2007, 10:44 AM
It's quite simple.
If a CD or TS is able to fulfill the model standards, why not ?
There are some once in a while, but they get trouble usually if they are read.
(a few years ago there has been a Miss Somestate here in Germany. When they found out she's not a GG, they deprived her of the title and excluded her from further competitions.)
But if they are not read, what's the point ?

Every once in a while there are attempts by fashion designers to make male mode more feminine, but that doesn't work, because one would have to get rid of the homophobia first.

Yea.... The world isn't quite ready for us yet. But guess what? We're here! Have noticed how many new members sign up every day? Our voice is getting stronger each and every day.:happy:
:hugs: :love:

TxKimberly
01-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I just stumbled across this last nght in a link on a TG Group I am part of. These are all TG models.
WARNING - If you feel, old, fat, and ugly (thats me!) you don't want to look at this web page because it's gonna make you feel SOOO much worse! Among others, it includes Caroline Cossey who played in a Bond Film (OMG She is SO beautiful).

http://tgmedia.enacre.net/lorna_lynne/lorna4.html

Kim (I'll be back later, I need to go jog a couple of miles now)

Kate Simmons
01-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Yea.... The world isn't quite ready for us yet. But guess what? We're here! Have noticed how many new members sign up every day? Our voice is getting stronger each and every day.:happy:
:hugs: :love:I agree Sandra. I think a large part of that is due to what transpires on the threads right here. People are looking and curious. When they see issues are seriously addressed it possibly helps give them that little extra "push" they need to take the next step. Plus when we do it in a fun way and are not all stolid about it, it shows how human we really are. Real live people and not a bunch of "cardboard cutouts". This is the real deal and not at all stereotyped.:happy: Ericka

Ashley1
01-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes, I can remember that, perhaps twenty years or more ago, there was a CD employed by a prestigious modeling agency that appeared en femme in a lovely dress and high heels on a very popular network television talk show of the time. The model was a very good looking brunette, and the interview with the talk show host went very well. The audience seemed astounded that the person was a male that had an obvious male voice.

Ashley

Deidra Cowen
01-06-2007, 11:55 AM
I just stumbled across this last nght in a link on a TG Group I am part of. These are all TG models.
WARNING - If you feel, old, fat, and ugly (thats me!) you don't want to look at this web page because it's gonna make you feel SOOO much worse! Among others, it includes Caroline Cossey who played in a Bond Film (OMG She is SO beautiful).

http://tgmedia.enacre.net/lorna_lynne/lorna4.html

Kim (I'll be back later, I need to go jog a couple of miles now)

Good gosh! Those are some beautiful girls....thanks for the link. I bookmarked it. Already looking at some makeup jobs trying to figure out what they are doing.

Christina Nicole
01-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Yes, I can remember that, perhaps twenty years or more ago, there was a CD employed by a prestigious modeling agency that appeared en femme in a lovely dress and high heels on a very popular network television talk show of the time. The model was a very good looking brunette, and the interview with the talk show host went very well. The audience seemed astounded that the person was a male that had an obvious male voice.

Ashley

I tried to find a reference for this using Google. I didn't find it, but I found this (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061219131923AA9H6J9&show=7). Interesting, but I don't know if it is correct or not.

Hmm. I still have family in Italy and it's been a few years since my last visit...

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Sierra Evon
01-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I think I may have seen 1 or 2 in some catalogs ? , I can spot them well, the truth is out there !!!