PDA

View Full Version : My oldest son knew more than i thought

Bobbie Jo
12-30-2006, 05:50 AM
Check this one out girls.
Last night my 31yr. old son called me from Florida.I haven't heard from him in over a year.It came to be problems that his younger brother stured up with a pack of lies and one true statement.After he said ,that his brother told him a bunch of stories and then he said that his brother told him i was a crossdresser,trying to make me look like a real jerk.My son then asked me if that was true?Trying to keep my manlyhood with my oldest boy,i said, heck no.The next thing he said,come on dad you can be truthfull with me.Well i still tried to play if off.Then he got real to me and asked me if i ever have crossdressed before?Well being a person that has a hard time lying i told him,yes i have crossedressed before.Well ,he told me that he was glad that i was truthful to him because he said ,he crossdresses too.He also thought that it might be in the jeans.( if i spelled that rite)well you know what i'm talking about. Well i told him that i really didn't know but it was a little weired. We talked about it for a little while and i started to feel real good that it had come out.I'm sure that we will talk about this subject again and i'm starting to feel "Pretty" good about it.
My boy does own his one business,has a beautiful wife,a beautiful daughter and there expecting there next addition to there family in about 6mos.
Just had to share this with you girls.Thanks for listening.
"The new girl in town"
"but not for long"
"Bobbie Jo":hugs:

StacyCD
12-30-2006, 05:58 AM
I've only recently come out of the closet to my wife and I currently have no intention of telling my kids (21 and 24). However, I have no idea if they already know my 'secret'. My wife certainly didn't. There may come a time when I decide to tell them and if they ask me the 'question' directly before that time I'll answer it honestly.

Kristen Kelly
12-30-2006, 06:15 AM
I have always wondered about my brother. I saw him in a drunken state at a party put on his girlfriends nightgown.

It might Have started in the "JEANS" but it goes back to the "GENES" Bobbie Jo.

Shelly Preston
12-30-2006, 06:15 AM
Well at least he knows and it was brave of him to say he dresses too

Kate Simmons
12-30-2006, 06:33 AM
It's nice to be able to be honest with our families and especially our children. When my boys both found out (quite by accident) about 15 years ago, their main concern was that their Dad was still going to be there for them and not go off on some "nutty" quest to get his body altered. Needless to say, I didn't disappoint them. Although they really don't care to see Ericka, they still love and respect me as their Father very much.:happy: Ericka

jacquie randall
12-30-2006, 08:33 AM
coongrats on your honesty to each other you both should be so very PROUD of each other and each other . Good luck and i hope you will all ways talk so freely , im enveous as my wife and dughter support fully ,wife ,,30 yr daughter 6 yrs . but my son doesnt know which really cuts me deep , kindest regards Jacquie from australia :love:

marie354
12-30-2006, 09:43 AM
It's such a great feeling when you find someone that you don't have to hide things from, isn't it.
:hugs:

Calliope
12-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Quite the conversation, there.

That resonates with my belief children ask about their parent's experiences in a quest to know themselves better.

Lovely Rita
12-30-2006, 12:19 PM
What a wonderul ending to a very tough situation. It is so great to hear about it. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs

Caitlintgsd
12-30-2006, 02:47 PM
I told my son (17) about a month ago. It was a relief. He couldn't have cared less actually. Yesterday I was sleeping in and my 10 y/o daughter jumped on my bed and woke me up. She was excited about finding my Pokey and Gumby keychains. I inquired as to where she'd found those and she stated that they were on my purse. Just having woke up I wasn't exactly in the mood for that discussion.

Amanda Jane
12-30-2006, 05:28 PM
people - kids are people - know more they you think / they are just being polite

Missy Anne
12-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey Bobbie Jo,

What a great son you have !!!!

Missy Anne

Amy Hepker
12-31-2006, 11:11 PM
That's Great! It feels good to have others you can talk to about it. I guess it would be ocword at first, but I bet you 2 were talking like a couple of school girls before long.

Jenni B
01-01-2007, 05:38 AM
I felt like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders, as if i was you when i was reading your tale. I'm very relieved for you.:happy: :thumbsup:

melissaK
01-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Sounds like your son had suspicions and his brother confirmed them enough that he knew he had a low chance of being wrong when he talked to you.

So often I hear stories of people coming out and everyone around them says things like "about time" or "I always suspected as much." In poker parlance we all have our tells. So focused in looking at ourself as others do when we are trying to pass as the opposite sex, we sometimes forget to try to look at ourself as others see us in our genetic sex.

Of course we hear the opposite too, wives who claim they never knew . . . never saw it coming.

Holly
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Bobbie Jo, that's great that the family knows. My kids (son 24 and daughter 22) both know, too. Just curious though, how come the younger son knew about you being a cross dressers but your older one didn't?