PDA

View Full Version : Do anything girly your mates know about ?

Maddie Knight
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
When I returned to work in January, I told my workmates that my fiance had painted my toes ( If the truth be known I painted my toes ).
My mates keep asking me what colour my toes are and I tell them. I think it's just been put down to me having a laugh ( and being a bit odd ), they don't suspect that I cd.
Some guy's get away with being girly, but being an engineer I think this is as far as I should go ( I work in a very manly enviroment ).
Do your mates know you do girly things, but don't know you cd ?

DanaJ
01-21-2005, 05:45 PM
I keep my toes painted 24/7, but I would never tell the guys I work with I do that. Why would you tell your work mates yours are done? Is this a way of coming out slowly to them or did they somehow get a glimps of your toes...... I am confused :confused:

DanaJ

Maddie Knight
01-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I don't know why I told them.
Maybe I am trying to come out, I didn't think of it that way.

Sweet Susan
01-21-2005, 06:13 PM
I have a stupid and bad habit of saying things that could end up hurting me later. For example, someone may mention that they just bought a new dress or skirt or something, and I don't seem to even flinch, I'll say something like, "Oh, did you get it in a size 14, so I can wear it?" In the past five years, I've probably said something like that about 100 times. The women always laugh, and where I work it's all women, with a smattering of men. None of them would appreciate my tendencies.

Julie
01-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Not a workmate but a close male friend of mine if that counts. He knows all about Julie and accepts her fully, I even dress at his place and the atmosphere is very relaxed.

JJ

Stormgirl
01-21-2005, 07:01 PM
No,they do not need to know nor do they suspect.

DonnaT
01-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I've worn perfume, but nobody mentioned it.

Trinity_cat
01-21-2005, 09:11 PM
In a past job I worked with 4 women, all different degrees of overweight and all on diets. They were talking about dress sizes, and as I was a 9 stones weakling they all made guesses on my fem size. 2 said 10 and 2 said 12. So I said "2 of you are correct and 2 are wrong; I'm a 12"

I waited patiently for weeks, hoping 1 of them would bring in a dress to prove it.

Tristen Cox
01-21-2005, 09:26 PM
At work I have kidded(yet been totally serious inside) about having my toes painted. Anytime we would have a magazine around and someone would show me some hot chick, I'd look at what she was wearing. And a few times mentioned "yeah I have that", or" darn where did she find that at..I want one!" :D And recently I could have cared less wwhether they believed me or not. Oh well.

Love
Tristen

Holly
01-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Maddie,

My co-workers don't have a clue. I've been on a special assignment for the last two years but the project is over now. I go back to my regular assignment Monday. I'll be working in the land of testosterone. Holly will not be welcomed. Too bad, though. I confess I'm frightened because my femme nature has become more pronounced during the last two years (and I'm delighted it has). The boys are just gona have to get used to it! My greatest wish is that through my deportment and my attitude, I can change a few minds and enlighten some thoughts. And I think I'm going to paint my toenails this weekend!

jjjjohanne
01-22-2005, 07:45 AM
One Halloween, I went to work as a man up top and a woman below the waist. I shaved my legs and wore a black skirt, black hose, and heels. Where I worked was very friendly and almost like family. Perhaps 3/4 were women. The area where I worked and had the closest relationships was mostly women. Not too many macho attitudes to deal with either.
I was a hit. I couldn't get enough of being out and about in hose and a skirt!!! I don't think I worked more than 4 hours that day! I spent the day talking to people (mostly women) in their offices and cubicles. Most of the conversations were about shoes, hose, walking, and shaving. I would tell people how neat the silky swish was when I walked. I told the girls that hose weren't bad to wear! I kind of liked them, I said.
After that Halloween, I could walk into a room where women were talking clothes and I could join in and they would laugh and keep talking. I could talk to a woman about her outfit and even ask her what brands she was wearing and nothing was off limits.
I miss that place....

:-)

nikky
01-26-2005, 01:03 AM
i had a similar experience. last year while in college, and living with a gg who always left clothing and nail polish out in the living area, i painted my toes a nice red. i walked around like they werent even painted and when my neigbor came down and questioned them i just said that my girlfrieind did it. ya nikky did it. lol. i was fun..

i thing she realized soon after that it was me cuz the roomate walked in while i was in the process of a pedicure. she laughed and said nothing. she was kinda drunk and never brought it up after that. damn. undefined

Jenney Love
01-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Yesterdady I was chatting with my best friend, who works down the hall. Don't remember what we where even talking about, but the next thing I new my hand was going into the air and my head was a flinging, and I was starting to say " Honey, I know what you mean!" I managed to garble it as it came out, he did not say much other than give me a strange look. It has only been a little over to weeks since I told my wife, and already my mind feels more open, the pressure of supression is lifting, but not so much that I want the world to know. :( Were I live is way to conservative. I do plan on telling my nest friend one day.

Jenney

MonaSmith
01-26-2005, 03:19 PM
My finger and toe nails are almost always painted, it gets very few comments at work and none at all from friends anymore, except to compliment me on the colour. A girl at work asked me how I kept my arms so smooth and hairfree once and another asked about my skincare routine.

I am so almost out at work now that I am just waiting for the right time to tell people, I even carry a picture with me for when it happens. I recently came out to my Sister and I just can't seem to stop wanting to tell everyone else, it's a funny feeling, but so much nicer than keeping it bottled up inside.

Mona xx.

DonnaT
01-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Mona, if the picture is anything like your avatar, they'll be asking why you aren't at work in a skirt already!

joann
01-26-2005, 04:36 PM
I often think as I write in long red nails that we undermine ourselves because we have low self-esteem and lots of self-doubt.we r not accepted by society,,sometimes our SOs....and YES I have said all the usual things...Is that my size?...ops (laugh).....and here I am after a great nite out in a lavender suit wt a 21in skirt....wondering if somehow I was seen by......we do try too hard some times to both protect ourselves and at the same time scream from the rooftops..."I wear skirts and I LOVE it,and its part of me and why cant I?....U all know the rest...
Love joann