PDA

View Full Version : Talking of Pronouns!!

Felix
12-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Hi Guys and Gals my Step Son has me laugh to myself of late. He started calling his Mum Felix companion which was kinda nice cos he tends to call me Felix as much as C***. In the last few days though he has changed his speck and is saying I am his mums Master :heehee: I have said that we are equal and nobody is anyone's master and we laugh about it cos my partner always says I'm the boss in a joking manner of course:tongueout. I think it's because my dress is getting more masculine and like my son he probably see the more male side of me than female. I don't mind but I think it makes my SO feel strange :( Understandable!! I wish she would join this site it would be helpful to her I'm sure :hugs: Just thought I'd share with ya :D xx Felix :hugs:

kerrianna
12-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Hey you're the Master! Make her join! :heehee:
I think in an equal partnership there is a certain amount of give and take in the power that changes from time to time. I like sometimes being the Alpha, and other times deferring. Heck, I even let my dog think she's Alpha once in awhile. :D

Makes for a well-rounded person to be able to be comfortable in different roles.

It would be great if your SO could join. I know it's really difficult for them trying to find their place with these kind of changes. :hugs:

kittypw GG
12-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Felix,
Your step son sounds young? Accepting things at face value is a child quality that I wish we would not loose. Unfortunaltely we grow up and let all kinds of things infuluence our thinking. :( I think that your partner would really benifit from joining.

The people who love trans gendered people have a lot in common whether or not your partner is ftm or mtf. We basically have to deal with our loved ones wanting to present or become the oposite gender of their birth. It can get confusing and uncomfortable at times and there is not a large network of people who will understand what you are going through. I think that there are members of the gg fourm that are partnered with ftm's so she would fit right in. If I can do anything to make her feel comfortable and welcome you just say the word. The gg's who are members of this forum are intelligent, caring, supportive and just plain fun to hang with. (as you may already know). Hope she gives it a try. I am sure any of the gg's would also join me in a heartfelt welcome. Take care :love: Kitty

Kate Simmons
12-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Different roles? Don't know what you are referring to Kerrianna. I'm really only one person here, Me, myself and Irene. How much more simple could that be? Alpha female notwithstanding, of course.:hypnotized: :battingeyelashes:

Kate Simmons
12-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi Felix, I think your situation is pretty unique and cool in some ways. Kitty had a good suggestion. It would be nice if your SO could join them, they are such a nice group of ladies. Anyway, I wish you and yours to have a very Happy New Year. Love ya Hon.:hugs: Ericka

Abraxas
12-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh, Felix, your step son sounds like such a nice lad! Ruffle his hair for me, would ya? :D
As for the Master thing, and all that, I do think your SO realises that kids will be kids-- he's saying what he feels and he means nothing negative toward her. At the same time, it's great that he's so supportive to you.
I also think it'd be great if you could get her to join-- or at least have a peek around here to see what's what.

CaptLex
12-30-2006, 06:09 PM
I also think it'd be great if you could get her to join-- or at least have a peek around here to see what's what.
I agree . . . at the very least, it may answer some questions for her and she may realize that there are others in her situation.

I was thinking too . . . your stepson may see you as his male role model - that's kind of cool. :thumbsup:

Felix
12-31-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanx everyone :hugs:

Just to clarify Kitty my partner is Lesbian :heehee: my step son is 9.

Hey Ercika my good friend ya right about that I think it is kinda unique!!!

Captain that's a nice thought I'll hold on to that :happy:

Abs she has had a little peek and I think she felt ya had to go round the houses to join the GG board in other words she didn't want to have to post on the other board ten times she just wanted to look at the GG board but couldn't.... I did understand her frustration! If there was an easier way she might join ya never know.

Hi Kerrianna and thanx... lol we have a very equal relationship we joke around a lot about who is the boss though!!

Kieron Andrew
12-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Just to clarify Kitty my partner is Lesbian :heehee:!
his
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/transgender/-/pv_design_details/pg_7/id_9419065/opt_/fpt_/c_360/

AND

hers
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/transgender/-/pv_design_prod/p_1374734.35320301/pNo_35320301/id_9227263/fpt_/opt_/c_360/pg_

Felix
12-31-2006, 08:04 AM
:eek: Ya soooooooo cheeky Kieron, ya tryin to out me or what?? :o xx Felix :hugs:

Kieron Andrew
12-31-2006, 08:28 AM
:eek: Ya soooooooo cheeky Kieron, ya tryin to out me or what?? :o xx Felix :hugs:
lol!!! well it was just a thought like :heehee:

Felix
01-01-2007, 07:25 AM
:heehee: would have worn one of those a few years ago but not now I think my clothes prob give it away that I'm different lol :eek: xx Felix :hugs:

great gg
01-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Felix,
Your step son sounds young? Accepting things at face value is a child quality that I wish we would not loose. Unfortunaltely we grow up and let all kinds of things infuluence our thinking. :( I think that your partner would really benifit from joining.

The people who love trans gendered people have a lot in common whether or not your partner is ftm or mtf. We basically have to deal with our loved ones wanting to present or become the oposite gender of their birth. It can get confusing and uncomfortable at times and there is not a large network of people who will understand what you are going through. I think that there are members of the gg fourm that are partnered with ftm's so she would fit right in. If I can do anything to make her feel comfortable and welcome you just say the word. The gg's who are members of this forum are intelligent, caring, supportive and just plain fun to hang with. (as you may already know). Hope she gives it a try. I am sure any of the gg's would also join me in a heartfelt welcome. Take care :love: Kitty

I'm with Kitty. what she said. we're a fortunate bunch of special kind of nuts. :hugs:

mylitta
01-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Absolutely- I am so pleased I found them:GD:

A breath of... well not exactly sanity.... but something good, anyway

Mylitta

Cheryl GG
01-01-2007, 09:13 PM
:lol2: ...you guys are toooo much....tx for the laugh.....C/