PDA

View Full Version : The perfect skirt?

Cristi
12-30-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't know if there is any such thing as the 'perfect skirt' for me. Much of it depends on the mood I am in. If I want to be 'showy', I like something fingertip length but then I don't get the wonderful feel of it brushing against my legs as I walk.

I've gone out (on halloween) with very short skirts , but without that feeling of movement, it just isn't the same. A short skirt in denim or similar material just doesn't feel much diffent to me than wearing a pair of shorts! The only time I am really 'aware' of wearing it is when I have to be extra careful sitting or getting into or out of the car. I usually end up changing into something longer just so I can feel it on my legs as I walk.

On the other hand, long skirts are comfortable and easier to sit in, but not as showy.

As far as material goes... a straight narrow demin skirt restricts your movement just a bit, so it is a constant reminder of what you are wearing. But I LOVE the flowing feel of rayon or soft cotton with lots of pleats or gathers over pantyhosed legs.

I guess the ones that draw my eye the most when I see a GG are knee-length full skirts in some kind of light material so it moves well and swishes as she walks, or flows out around her when she sits.

What would your perfect skirt be? Have you been lucky enough to find it? I'm still shopping for mine.

marie354
12-30-2006, 03:36 PM
I had a few ankle length skirts and I loved to feel it swish when I walked. My SO's daughter stumbled across a bag of my stuff and the SO covered me well and told her that she had been gathering clothes for her. Damn! She is the same size as me. My SO doesn't want her kids to know about me yet. I'll abide with her wishes.
:hugs:

michelleliz
12-30-2006, 04:05 PM
I most ly like above the knee skirts . I like my legs to show.

Michelle Liz:2c: