PDA

View Full Version : The Mall Promenade

Missy Anne
12-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Well, we did it! We awoke Tuesday morning to nice weather. The plan is a go! So the morning was spent taking care of details, with an incredible amount of time spent on makeup. We didn't want to blow it now with a sloppy makeup job. Departure time was supposed to be 12:30, but 12:30 came and went so fast, we didn't even see it. We actually left around 1:30 for the one hour drive to the mall. Everybody should be at work, and the neighbors are away on vacation, so there should be no problem getting out of the driveway.

About 1:00 -- oh no! The neighbors came back early, and are unloading their car. We need a plan. I climbed into the back seat, laid down among the extra things that we were taking and Mrs. Missy, with pretended tunnel vision, shot out of the garage like a rocket so that if anyone waved, she wouldn't see them. Made it! We stopped along a country road and I hopped out of my hole and assumed a more dignified position in the front seat. Everything is cool, so far.

Mrs. Missy suggested, and I agreed, that we should stop by a grocery store to get our feet wet among other people. The day after Christmas, people should be pretty much into themselves, and not pay us much attention. So about half way to the mall, we stopped at Wegman's, parked, looked at each other and I took a good look at the surroundings and pondered for a few moments the consequences of failure. A favorite expression of mine is, "No guts, no air medal"…….. I said "Let's go!"

As we were walking toward the store, I noticed a lady and her young teenage daughter getting out of their car. It was obvious that the timing was such that we were going to be walking side-by-side very shortly. I tried not to make eye contact and just looked straight ahead. Fortunately, I have always been blessed with extremely good peripheral vision. As we pulled alongside them, I noticed that the lady was checking me out big time. Then she did it again. I think she was interested in my hairstyle, because she could not have read me from that angle. Maybe she was pissed that we were better dressed than she was and I imagined her saying to herself "The nerve of that b_ _ ch!" HA HA!

We also noticed that when we approached crosswalks, cars quickly stopped to let us go first. I didn't think anything of it, but it was very unusual. Mrs. Missy later suggested they were probably stopping to girl watch, as we crossed in front. Stupid me!

Anyway, we got a cart for me to hang onto, and pretty much just cruised around, picking items off the shelf, reading the labels and putting them back. I did not perceive of anyone paying us any attention. We put something into the cart and headed for the checkout with Mrs. Missy in the lead. She paid and I just stood there and smiled and we headed on out. We stowed the cart, put our purchase in the car and I said "I really kind of have to go to the BR". Mrs. Missy agreed and said "They have no unisex BR here. We'll have to use the Ladies' Room". I had not planned on this, as the mall has a unisex BR, which was to be our safe haven. It wouldn't be ladylike to wet my panties though, so off we went. Before I could really think about it, she was through the door with me right behind her. There was an open stall. She pointed to it. I went in and locked the door. Whew!

There was a lot of chitchat in there and I was thinking "How am I going to get out of here without someone speaking to me?" I waited until I was sure Mrs. Missy was out and heard someone ask her if she was waiting for a stall. Mrs. Missy said "I'm waiting for her" and I popped out and headed for the door in a flash. When we got outside I thought "I can't believe we did that!" We got in the car and continued on, while planning the next move.

We had intended to eat at the Nordstrom restaurant, and Mrs. Missy said, "We should plan to eat about 3:00". I said, "That will be a good trick, because it's already 3:20!" She said, "Okay, let's eat at 4:00".

The mall was very crowded and we had to park at the opposite end of the mall from where we wanted to be. This would be a good test of the usability of the heels we selected. We spent the next half hour walking and window shopping and avoiding collisions with other people. Mrs. Missy always walked slightly ahead so that if there was an encounter, she would be the first who would have to speak. She also went through the doors first so that I would not have to say "Thank you" to the person ahead.

We went to the restaurant where you place your order at a counter, find your seat and they bring your food to you. Mrs. Missy ordered, paid and we headed for a nice booth, looking around to see if we had attracted any undue attention. So far, so good. No one cares. After two or three minutes, our waitress walked by, looked at us and said, "I'll be with you ladies in a minute". Holy sh_ _! Did she really say that?! Was she talking about me?! She did use the plural version, and there were only two of us, so I guess so. Big fat tip coming her way!

After dinner, the old BR call reared its ugly head again and on the way in, I noticed there was a family BR, but Mrs. Missy had other ideas. She was focused on the Ladies' Room. I couldn't speak because there were other people around, so I had no choice but to follow her in. Another high pressure moment, but again she pointed to a stall. I went in and breathed a sigh of relief. The next thing I noticed was Mrs. Missy's hand waiving to me underneath from the next door stall. Pretty funny, I thought. Anyway, done and once again out the door like a shot, not wanting any eye contact. Made it! Now we can do some window shopping and maybe we'll stop at the MAC store to show our makeup artist who at this point only knows that we were previously there solely for a Halloween prep and certainly won’t be expecting this. We walked by the MAC store, but there was no chance. The place was a zoo and we thought this would be a really bad time for a "Coming Out Party", so we'll do that some other time.

Cruising the mall was fun, and by now I was a lot more relaxed and better able to notice what other people were doing. We were checked out several times by guys. I could see they thought they were getting away with it by being not so obvious, but guess what guys -- I've got a lot of years doing that and I know all the tricks!

One guy in particular, who was passing us in the opposite direction, almost ran into somebody else because he was looking down and to the left, at my legs, as he went by. What a hoot! If he only knew!

By now we were getting pretty tired, and it was a long way back to the car, and "our dogs were barking". Mrs. Missy had reached system overload as she had been trying to look ahead and cover me all night. When we got outside, it was raining, but we still needed a picture, so we waited for the rain to let up, walked back to the front of the mall and took a commemorative picture. We would have taken more but for the intermittent showers. We did stop at another mall on the way home, to get one more picture because it was not raining there.

We did go back to the MAC store two days later, but that will be a different post, as this one is probably already way too long. We hope this hasn't been too boring, and if you've gotten this far, you certainly don't have ADD.

Thanks for all your love and support without which this big event would, undoubtedly, never have taken place.

Best regards and hugs,

Missy Anne and
Mrs. Missy (Missy Anne's GG)

linnea
12-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Congratulations and thank you for for sharing your pictures. You look very good!

Phyliss
12-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Nice looking, I'd "check out" those legs also.

Great fun, being "out and about" so glad you had a good time.

Krystenw
12-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Nice photos. You look great.
I wore pumps to a movie at the mall a couple times. Never again, I'm gettin' to old for that. In fact the last time we went we were pretty early so we decided to eat at the food court and do some window shopping. I had to stop at a Payless and get me a pair of flat shoes. I didn't think I was going to make it back to the theater.
Krysten

MJ
12-30-2006, 09:54 PM
i am glad you had a good time out..but make sure you go out again soon so you don't lose your nerve. and you look very good in the pictures ..
i wish you both all the best for the new year
hugs Marissa

steffany
12-30-2006, 11:11 PM
*wolf whistle*

To quote a GG friend of mine......."You go girlfriend!"

Adrienne Heels
12-30-2006, 11:18 PM
I am happy that you had such a nice time out! Get back out and do it again soon!

Calliope
12-31-2006, 01:00 AM
The hippie in me always cringes - but, it's true, malls are great places, sreal afe havens for TG outings.

Ya look splendid !

videor
12-31-2006, 01:18 AM
You look great! Congratulations! Great shoes!

McLegs
12-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Missy Anne,
Lookin Good Girl! Congrats on your adventure. Glad you had so a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading the details, as I've said before I couldn't pass in a room full of blind men. So my adventures are limited to living through someone else's. Thanks for the trip.

Happiest of New Years to you & Mrs. Missy,
Michelle

Peka TG
12-31-2006, 10:08 AM
OH I'm sooooooooo jealus... I wish my wife would take me out shopping.

I'm really glad you had a good time, and you do look Great!!
I too love your shoes!!

New Jealus Girl
Paula

BethCD
12-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Missy, Congratulations! You have a wonderful wife. As others have stated get out there soon, altho if you're like me, the seed is now planted, you probably can't wait til next time.
Re: the guy looking at your legs....in my case when I see a GG dressed nicely, I am checking her out but also checking out her skirt or heels or hair, etc. They probably think I'm ogling.
Best of luck in future trips. Keep us posted here, Beth :D

Diane Paris
12-31-2006, 11:50 AM
You looked great and felt great so get out and do it again soon! Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us all.

Diane

Missy Anne
01-01-2007, 01:12 PM
HI all,

Thanks to Linnea, Phyliss, Krysten, Marissa, Steffany, Karyn, DT, Videor, McLegs, Paula, Beth and Diane for all the nice compliments, and thanks to all others who read our story.

You all make such an appreciative audience that it makes us feel really great going out as we did, and coming back here to share our experiences with you. These things are much more fun when shared.

Krysten - Your pumps must have been pretty tight to give up, but it is a good excuse to buy another pair of shoes.

Marissa - We will be going out again, probably later this week. In fact, we've spent all morning practicing makeup. Makeup may be the hardest thing I've ever had to master.

McLegs - If your avatar is you, you are closer than you think.

Paula - Have you worked on her at all, or does she even know?

Beth - I really do appreciate my wife. I can’t even express how much! I, too, when checking out a GG, have always primarily focused on her skirt, heels and hose.

Thanks again, you all, and have a wonderful New Year!

Best regards and hugs,

Missy Anne and
Mrs. Missy

Rachel Morley
01-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi Missy Anne and Mrs Missy, :happy:

I love "going out threads" like this and I particularly like your ones because they are so well written and it's always and enjoyable read. Too long?....no, too short for me :D

Your outings with your wife sound remarkably similar to mine and Marla's, meaning that my wife also does the ordering in restaurants (although I am just starting to do a little now and then) it's my wife who goes through doors first, it's her who "takes me to the restroom" etc. Isn't a great feeling to feel protected and loved by one's wife in these situations? I always think it's a bonding type thing and therefore it's almost like it's bring us closer somehow. If both of you are having fun during your outings then it could be true say (just like for us) that crossdressing is a "together thing" for you too.

Anyway, thanks again for an enjoyable account of your outing. I can't wait for the next installment :hugs:

P.S. I think your look is very nice indeed - and yes, I agree with the others, great legs!

Di
01-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Boring...are you kidding......been waiting and watching for your post....knew you were planning on this....it went GREAT!!!!!!!! Perfect in fact:thumbsup: ...my hats off to the both of you.....and btw great pics too:D Hugs Di

ABJanel
01-01-2007, 02:00 PM
you've had the guts to go and do way much further than I would ever dared to. your having a supportive wife helps too! you look fabulous in the pics. keep it up gurl !

JulieC
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I'll echo and emphasize what others said about your wife. You are very, very, very, incredibly, massively, totally lucky to have such a supportive wife. You should go way out of your way to thank her, and make her realize how thankful you are and are blessed to have her.

In my experience, both first and second hand, the majority of women are not supportive. ~10-20% are openly hostile about it, refuse to even think of it. ~10-20% are barely to mildly accepting. About 20% are supportive or better. About 5% are strongly supportive, encouraging, and helpful. For us to find such a woman as in the 5% is very hard. Imagine having 20 relationships meaningful enough to divulge your secret to find out how accepting she is. It'd take forever.

Only the lucky few have what you have. So many are trapped behind closet doors, afraid of what their wives will say. So many chose to say nothing before getting married, and now find it impossible to change the situation.

I thankfully told my wife long before we got engaged. She's largely supportive, but I don't think she'd ever take me on a shopping trip with me en femme. She's bought dresses, shoes, lingerie and hose for me. I thank my lucky stars and shower her with praise and appreciation. I would enjoy more, but am ever thankful for what I have.

Glenda58
01-01-2007, 03:24 PM
For a first time out that's a long and wonderful day. And with someone who cares for you. You look great nice outfit

Missy Anne
01-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi Angel - Thanks for your compliments and glad you liked our going out story. I feel a lot like you do about the things you mentioned. Even though we have been welded at the hip for many years now, I've never felt closer to Mrs. Missy. We only wish that all crossdressers' wives could understand what they're missing by not participating. By the way, your latest avatar looks really great. What do you do about your voice when ordering in a restaurant?

Di - Thanks for your compliments. Glad you weren't bored and if you're looking for another installment, we're working on one. In fact, we're planning to go to the MAC store tomorrow to get Mrs. Missy's eyes done. I'm planning to go enfemme to watch. I've had second thoughts about this one though, because our practice makeup sessions have not gone well lately. Imagine going into a roomful of makeup artists with a mediocre makeup job. I did paint my nails tonight in anticipation of it so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

ABJanel - Thanks. It took a long time to get the guts to go. Three years ago I never would have even dreamed of doing this.

bbarnsworth - I certainly do agree with what you say about Mrs. Missy. I do try to thank her in as many ways as I can. She's definitely my life mate. You're also lucky to have a wife who's largely supportive. Don't be surprised if someday she goes further. In the early days here, Mrs. Missy was uncomfortable if I even came downstairs with a skirt and heels.

Glenda - Thanks for the compliments. It was a long and wonderful day, and very tiring too, I might add.

Warmest regards,

Missy Anne