PDA

View Full Version : Rough Hands and Hose?

Ronda_B
12-30-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm a Blue Collar worker and use my hands all day. They get really rough even though I wear gloves when I need to. My question is: How do you girls put on hose without snagging them and ruining them in the process.

Thanks

marie354
12-30-2006, 10:18 PM
My GF says coat your hands with Crisco grease and put on white cotton gloves when you go to bed at night. You'll soon see a differance.
The only other thing that I can think of is use clean cotton gloves to pull them on. Hope this helps.
:hugs:

Karren H
12-30-2006, 10:19 PM
I use Vasaline Intensive Care lotion every night and during the day....works very well..

Karren

finacarina
12-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Hand Lotion before putting them on!

MJ
12-30-2006, 10:21 PM
you can get special gloves to wear while putting on your hose. or try to file the rough spots down and use hand cream to help your hands

Michelle 51
12-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Rhonda I know what you mean. I work with my hands too.I find it i take a pumis { I think thats the right name] stone and sand my hands and nails when i take a bath helps a lot. Its really annoying to ruin a nice set of hose. I buy my own now but when i use to wears the wife's she go to get a pair and they would all have runs in them and she say shit i'm sure i had a good pair and what could i say . you know what i mean right

Cherry Lynn
12-30-2006, 10:32 PM
I use a pair of the thin cotton liners for work gloves in cold weather. They work well and my wife even borrows them if her hands happen to be rough.

Cristi
12-30-2006, 10:34 PM
You can find thin white cotton gloves at any drugstore. If I try to put on sheer PH without them, I usually snag them the very first time :(

Bobbie Jo
12-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I too use lotion all day long and am too a blue collar worker( carpenter by trade)out in the weather all the time.The only time i can wear gloves is in the winter, when it's cold.Just keep a small bottle in your truck and put it on every chance you get.My fingers use to split,crack and bleed but since a few years ago i've been doing the lotion thing and everything has become normal.My hands now are soft and smooth ,but you have to use the lotion all the time.It really works.

Hugs:hugs:
Bobbie Jo

ellieparsons
12-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Hand Lotion before putting hose on, I'm in construction, rough hands too.

Jammie Lyann
12-30-2006, 10:45 PM
dont wear hose I wear tights have to hide the hairs, an even with them I lotion my hands an feet, I call my wife miss runs :devil: every time she puts on a pair of nylons with in 30 mins she has a run in them never fails

Felicity
12-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Even those with smooth hands will snag fine denier hosiery, so use the same method:

Purchase cheap latex gloves and cheap cotton gloves from the drugstore;

1: Put on the cotton gloves, and put the hosiery on with them.

2: Use the latex gloves to shift the hosiery on your leg as needed.

As for lotions, I'm no expert. I prefer the 98% Aloe Vera gel. It doesn't have the toxic ingredients most lotions have.

Imma
12-31-2006, 09:18 AM
To Group::love:

Imma has found that Playtex gloves work best.:D

One poster suggested using cotton gloves followed by latex gloves, to "get everything right!":happy:

Imma, being the lazy crossdresser, just starts with the latex gloves to start. :heehee:

Since Imma wears panty hose and then places garter stockings on top of the panty hose, only problem area is to fasten the garter grips. Since stockings are last item, Imma only fastens one front garter and removes gloves. Imma postions girdle and secures back garter grip. Imma then releases front grip and rotates back garter grip into comfortable postion. Imma then secures front garter grip in new position. With garter stockings on top of pantyhose, it is easy to smooth them out. Using pantyhose and nylon stockings together makes the wear life longer!:hugs:

LOL:tongueout

Imma:doll:

Jocelyn Quivers
12-31-2006, 12:24 PM
I use cotton moisturizing gloves, that I purchase at Bed, Bath Beyond. The latex gloves are good for smoothing them out, but I have a hard time getting rid of the latex smell on my hands. Jocelyn

Phyliss
12-31-2006, 12:35 PM
Also in construction and spend lots of time outdoors. My hands can get real nasty real fast if I don't use lotion everyday at least three times. I've also found some hosiery gloves at the local Leggs hanes Bali outlet.
Be sure to keep your nails smooth. Until I get well practiced at putting on stockings without fear of a run I'll just dream about that nice pair of $40 Wolfords I soooo want.

Sage GG
12-31-2006, 12:39 PM
its not very elegant but have you ever heard of bag balm? You get this stuff and it will heal up the worst chapped hands. white cotton gloves with it slathered on over night. Once a week for the whole winter, even after your hands get a little softer. you can leave it in your truck and use it under your work gloves. no scent, very greasy but it really really works.

We call it doing the Minnie Mouse. just picture how silly you look with a pretty night gown and white Cotton gloves.

susie evans
12-31-2006, 02:08 PM
i go out in yhe cold and snow a lot in the winter and i have been using bag bomb that you use on a nursing cow

DeDe.CD
12-31-2006, 02:12 PM
I use a pair of thin socks over my hands that works well...But the thin glove liners sounds just the thing....DeDe.

Lisa Golightly
12-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Cotton gloves... My claws are more of an issue than my baby soft hands... These talons tear stockings to shreds way to easily to even risk trying it without them.

Cheryl GG
12-31-2006, 02:31 PM
In addition to the Bab Balm there is also this stuff called Utter Cream...get it at Wal-Mart in the hand cream isle...its got a cow print on the container....and its for humans.....its great....I have used it before.....alot of the nail salons also sell pumic blocks and they are great for scrubbing dry scaly skin off....just some suggestions....C/

marie354
12-31-2006, 02:36 PM
The suggestion that my GF gave me early in this post is an olde cure. She has added that it's cheap, and if done every night for a solid week, you'll see and feel a difference. Crisco is just purified vegatable grease with no harmful ingrediance. Use dish soap to clean your hands in the morning and apply hand lotion several times during the day.
I say if your worried what people think about you using hand lotion, use something like Avon skin so soft. Hunters have been using it for years for mosquito control, and it will soften your hands too. So it's an acceptable item for a man to keep in his tool box.
I knew a guy when I worked in cable systems construction that used lotion and white gloves all day long. He was the forman and he just told us he had a skin condition so he had to wear the gloves and lotion till they healed. I believed him.
:hugs:

Missy Anne
12-31-2006, 08:55 PM
Although rough skin hose runs is a problem that I have had until I started using moisturizer everyday, I have lost more hose to rough toenails.

Now I very carefully finish with a 400 grit file available at any beauty store. It saves a lot of money in the long run.

Missy Anne

amandacd2002
01-01-2007, 11:19 AM
I make sure I put lotion on as well. and take your time putting on your pantyhose. sometimes it pays to buy better quility pantyhose. my favorite brand is Sears or JC pennys Brand.:D

Phyliss
01-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I have lost more hose to rough toenails.
Missy Anne

How well I can identify with that statement. BTW I was getting a pedicure about three months ago and mentioned to the tech that i wanted my toe nails well rounded and smooth, so as to not put a run in my stockings. Said that without thinking and ended up "outing myself" right there. OMG I soooo wanted to "unring" the bell. Fortunately she's an open minded person and it doesn't bother her one bit.

Elaine Lynn
01-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Rough hands they are my dead giveaway. Construction work does it all the time. Like everyone else hand cream every day but it doesn't do much. The wife taught me to roll my pantyhose down to the toe and then slide them on carefully but I stillgo through a lots of pantyhose because of the roughness.

Glenda58
01-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Use a pumice stone every day in the shower then lotion three times a day. There also a treatment were you put your hand in hot wax over night. But till your hands get soft use thin cotton gloves or latex gloves putting on your hose should stop the snags.

cocopuff's girl GG
01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
also you can get these Parrafin wax treatments. It's warm wax you can put your hands in and also your feet and elbows. It feels wonderful and it really softens your skin. You can buy the wax and the containers to melt it in. They can be a little expensive... Just a thought.

Glamourgirl GG
01-02-2007, 11:33 PM
My husband is in construction work and he uses a beeswax lotion bar. Beeswax is a known emollient that heals cracked skin...this includes your elbows, knees and heels of your feet. The company we buy from sells it in men scents, for when you want to smell like a guy, but obviously also in pretty scents for when you are all dressed up. ;) This particular lotion bar also has essential oils in it as well. It comes in a tin and it you take it out and rub it on your skin. Many people mistake it for soap, but it is really lotion. The lotion bars are only $7 and last about 9 months with repeat use.

I will PM you the website address since I think I can't post the actual link here. Of course, if anyone else wants the web address, just PM me and I will give it to you.

RobertaFermina
01-03-2007, 03:04 AM
I just ruined a pair last weekend. Luckily I had plenty of spares.

Did you see the thread where some girls admitted to keeping dozens and hundreds of pairs of hose on-hand ? Makes perfect sense to me.

StayceeCD
01-03-2007, 03:23 AM
For a good laugh, replace "Imma" with "Bob Dole" LOL :D
Just imagine!!

To Group::love:

Imma has found that Playtex gloves work best.:D

One poster suggested using cotton gloves followed by latex gloves, to "get everything right!":happy:

Imma, being the lazy crossdresser, just starts with the latex gloves to start. :heehee:

Since Imma wears panty hose and then places garter stockings on top of the panty hose, only problem area is to fasten the garter grips. Since stockings are last item, Imma only fastens one front garter and removes gloves. Imma postions girdle and secures back garter grip. Imma then releases front grip and rotates back garter grip into comfortable postion. Imma then secures front garter grip in new position. With garter stockings on top of pantyhose, it is easy to smooth them out. Using pantyhose and nylon stockings together makes the wear life longer!:hugs:

LOL:tongueout

Imma:doll:

jill c
01-04-2007, 08:11 PM
my wife told me how to smoooth my hands and feet. i used a foot file (available at local drug store) to help remove the callouses. on wetted hands, the file will peel away these. after the area fully dries, the file will really smoothe the area.

vasoline or avon foot products will soften/moisurize. apply this on thick and wear socks or gloves to bed. over night this soaks in.

then regularily use hand lotion on the feet and hands.

people have noticed the smooth hands... i was asked recently if i still work for a livng.

all of this is accepted well.

here is what i did not expect. if you pick up that warm part or pan - it now hurts / burns. that thick skin allowed me to be able to handle a lot of stuff that i can't now do. also, i now have to wear gloves to use a shovel or post hole digger. this does draw attention.

so you can smooth your hands and feet ... just know what you will be the impact.

hugs

jill c

Sierra Evon
01-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Rough hands and hose dont mix , I'm sure as you know !!!!, soak your hands for about 2-3 mins in amild dish soap rinse then use a Saint Ives whipped silk brand loation, I use use to work for an elecrical contractor years ago , I found that it worked well for me......good luck :happy:

janet p
01-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Hand lotion every chance you get,I'm a truckdriver and I even carry lotion in the truck.:love: