PDA

View Full Version : My observations

Jennifer Giovannetta
12-30-2006, 10:31 PM
As a crossdresser who deals with the feelings that all of feel on a daily basis, I have a few oberservations.
First, I do not believe that I was raised a certain way that lead me to want to dress to escape. It is my belief that I have been "prewired" to want to dress as a lady. And it is our society that has not accepted this trait that some people have. I cannot honestly say why I want to wear womens clothes. But I know that I feel electrified when I do.
Also, I wonder if women feel the same way I feel when I wear a skirt and a sexy pair of high heel sandals. I think that they do not. This is because I feel sexually charged when dressed. But then again, maybe some women do too.
All I know is that I have been put into this world with a yearning to wear womens clothes, and society says that I cannot. Even members of my family would be devistated if they knew what I wanted to do. But what is funny is that while members of my immediate family would be shocked and possibly dissapointed, they do not know of the feelings that we crossdressers endure. Maybe if they knew, people might not feel this way about us.
In conclusion, this thread is a way for me to "vent" my feelings, since this is my only outlet at this time. Hopefully, I will get the nerve to step out, and attend a CD meeting.

Karren H
12-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Vent away!!!! We all have been there.... And a couple comments.....you really don't need to know why you like doing what you like doing to keep doing it!!!! So don't let it drive you crazy... once you accept that you are you, everything changes for the better.... And you really don't need an excuse like a CD group meeting to go out..... though some find safety in numbers.... If you want to go out...go out!! Just be careful when and where you go....

Were all pulling for you girly!!!

Love Karren

TeriAnn
12-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I whole heartedly agree with you I think we are wired from the begining to dress as a female. I have always had the urge to crossdress even when I was to young to understand what it meant. All I know is that I wanted to be a girl and play girly games. I was mad at God for making me a boy instead of a girl like I wished I was but now I understand that I should not be mad but embrace the fact that I am a male that loves to dress as a woman. Always have always will.

steffany
12-30-2006, 11:03 PM
As a crossdresser who deals with the feelings that all of feel on a daily basis, I have a few oberservations.
It is my belief that I have been "prewired" to want to dress as a lady. I cannot honestly say why I want to wear womens clothes. But I know that I feel electrified when I do.

One thing I learned from a good friend of mine (and another CD'er) is not to ask "why", just accept our desire as is and enjoy it.
Since that advice was given to me I no longer have any feelings of guilt or non-conformance whatsoever.
I am what I am....take it or leave it!

Amy Hepker
12-30-2006, 11:42 PM
I wish we could be more accepted,but with all the wrong publicity out there that's all people hear. How many times have you heard about a guy in a dress saving someones life. This is the kind of publicity we need, not about a guy wearing a dress killing someone or robbing a bank. Untill we start helping people we will never be accepted.

Bridget Fitzgerald
12-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Vent away!!!! We all have been there.... And a couple comments.....you really don't need to know why you like doing what you like doing to keep doing it!!!! So don't let it drive you crazy... once you accept that you are you, everything changes for the better.... And you really don't need an excuse like a CD group meeting to go out..... though some find safety in numbers.... If you want to go out...go out!! Just be careful when and where you go....

Were all pulling for you girly!!!

Love Karren

Look at the smile on her face and think about it :D

Calliope
12-31-2006, 12:06 AM
Yeh, Karren is our most ardent proponent of not intellectualizing the CD (TG) drive and although I am an intellectual, I believe she's totally right on on the issue.

As far as GGs getting charged by dressing up, I would suggest the clothes don't charge 'em up - but a desire to look desirable infers its own charge.

Kate Simmons
12-31-2006, 01:17 AM
You certainly have a way with words DT. Betcha say that to all the girls, huh?:happy:

StacyCD
12-31-2006, 07:36 AM
For a long time I thought the 'problem' with crossdressing was with me. I knew I enjoyed it but was somewhat ashamed at the same time. Now I've come to accept it as a part of me and recognize that the 'problem' is really with other people not accepting crossdressing. My personal acceptance has come only after a long time but was catalyzed by this discussion forum and the acceptance and support they offer. I only wish the internet had been around in the 70s!

danam
12-31-2006, 07:41 AM
Jennifer:

Know that you are not alone. I pretty much could have written what you wrote!

I think some women "get it" and feel electrified when dressed up. You can spot them a mile away, because they love life and love being a women.

Dana

Kate Simmons
12-31-2006, 08:02 AM
I think you gals may have hit on something there. Thinking about it, I feel maybe some women are "closet" dressers. They may enjoy "dressing up" but really don't want to admit it, possibly because they feel it makes them look "odd"?:happy: Ericka

crossing-the-rain
12-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Dear Jenny,
I think we should find a way to let those " normal " people understand our feeling, our needs and our wishes. We have to do something to show the world that we are no difference with them except the way we want to dress.I think is time for us to speak out for ourselves by going out together for CD only but not in the Pride Day,simply to name it " OUR C.D DAY".
Anyone agree ?
Rain.

Angie G
12-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Jennifer my wife knows and I wish I could tell some of my friend be thats not happening it's the understanding thing wish they did :hugs:
Angie

Penny
12-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Well, I know why I crossdress. I was born with the need to feel pretty. In order to accomplish that, I have to look, smell, taste, hear and touch pretty.
I know of no other way to fill this need. This need is why I could't obstain and believe me, I certianly would never try again.
I think most women are born with this need and start dressing pretty and get told they are pretty early on in their childhood. The cosmetics industry is gigantic for this very reason. I do believe women do not overdress as a whole
because the situation doesn't necessarily warrant it. It is easy to mistake pretty with attire because I find attire a necessary part of being pretty for me. Some women do dress to kill because they need to hear how pretty they look.
Conversely, most men have a need to feel strong. Once again, at a very young age, boys are asked to flex their muscles and told how powerful they are. Most men do not need to accentuate their strength because they know the are strong. As with women needing to hear how pretty they look, some
men need to hear how strong they are and become body bulders for example.
Look at dancing with the stars for example, Emit won because of his physique and smoothness and was told so by the judges and his partner, Chyel was thought of as pretty and graceful.
I believe the extent to which we crossdress is directly proportional to what it takes to fill our need to crossdress.
I go out in public because, as in the past, I have been told how prety I looked. Others might do this to have a door opened for them and that makes them feel pretty.
The reason, I feel, everyone, including the mental health experts, get us wrong is the same reason we get us wrong is our own inability to say we just need to somehow feel pretty. It hard for us to admit because do so would
jepardize our own strength.
What other explanation could there be for a man who otherwise participates in activities that require strength, is heterosexual and enjoys be the gender I was born and has no desire to change it. I am a transvestite.
A transexual is a more complicate reason to crossdress but still requires the need to feel pretty.
:2c: :2c: :2c: :2c:

:hugs:

Penny

Joy Carter
12-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I think the excitement with cross dressing has allot to do with sex and maybe doing something naughty. Since I have come down to the realization that this is who I am and have accepted it. My life improved both as J-- and Joy. So now I'm comfortable in or out of a dress.

Kelsy
12-31-2006, 11:23 AM
I can't say I was prewired to dress but I was definately estrogen washed in the womb. I have a strong female component to my personality and the natural outcropping of that is to desire female things including clothes but not limited to!!! I want to be feminine. Trying to understand why I have this strange sence of comfort when dressed is too deep to comprehend. Along with a female disposition there are emotional needs that were never met, a need for belonging. the need for touch - tacktile deprevation, and many other factors. I have always been more comfortable around women and found I was more like them then the men I've known. So be it !!

Jennifer

Jocelyn Quivers
12-31-2006, 12:09 PM
I know I was definetly born this way. I often think if I were born again and had a chance to remove my fem side and live a "normal life" would I. Would I live a life where I would not have to worry about my employer firing me because of the way I dress in my off time. Would I live a life where I did not have to worry about losing my family and friends because of the way I dress. As tempting as this scenario sounds. The answer now is a definte "NO". My fem side is a part of me that I need and cannot survive without. Sorry I guess I needed to vent as well.:D

marie354
12-31-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't think that I would change my life one iota.
What a long strange trip it has been. (Grateful Dead - Truckin')
I happier now than I've ever been.
:hugs:

Billie1
12-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Hang in there, Jenn , and remember:

"To thine ownself be true." :thumbsup:

susie evans
12-31-2006, 02:01 PM
karren is right you don't need to beat your self up on reasons why we have all been through that or are going through it just accept tha fact and injoy and do what is comfortable for you not what others think and go at a pace you can handle :2c:

Alice Torn
12-31-2006, 02:55 PM
You took the words out of my mouth. There is just something electrifying, when I dresss up, and, maybe women are so used to looking good, and dressing up, that they are used to it, and don't feel the thrill as greatly as we. It is taboo for us to dress up, but, not for them. Sadly, I have dresses, skirts, high heels, hose, and more, while my housemate is a female, and does not own a dress, skirt, heels, hose, makeup, etc. I am the one in the home, who owns those!!! Bizarro world!!!! Lucille