PDA

View Full Version : Jenni went public for the first time today!

Jenn2716
12-31-2006, 12:10 AM
Well, after having a wonderful Christmas morning with my wife (see earlier post in Photo thread) she gave me an even bigger present this evening. After unwrapping my gifts I spent the rest of the day dressed, like I do on a lot of Saturdays (skirt, top, black heels, hose, make-up, silcone falsies, and my own hair). Around supper time I changed out of my denim skirt and into a pair of women's jeans. Well, after watched a movie together my wife says "While you are still looking so lovely, why don't we go for a drive and look at the Christmas lights?" I said that would be great, so I pulled on my ladies faux leather jacket and off we went to view the lights in some of the local neighbourhoods, plus we had to drop of some rented dvd's.
So we go to Blockbuster first and I get out and drop off the movies in the outside slot return. It's not that I didn't want to go inside and face the employees, I just didn't see the need too. A gg would have just used the night slot drop, so it was practical for me too. Though I did have to walk by 3 or 4 cars that had people waiting in them. It felt good to know that someone was seeing my femme self for the first time. After about an hour of driving around, my wife suggests we pick up a pizza for supper on the way home. I was driving and when we pulled up to Pizza Hut, she says would I mind going in (she is still a little stiff from having minor surgery on Wednesday). My first enocounter with a stranger as "Jenni" (boobs, makeup, etc). I say "sure", I feel totally comfortable with myself and here is my chance to prove it. I do admit that I had a couple of butterflies and I doubt that I passed to the guy at the counter, but I really didn't care. It just felt good to finally be Jenni in public. Then to top it all off, while we were waiting for our order to be ready, my wife suggests again that we run into the local Shoppers Drugmart, just to look around. And that's what we did. Browsed a little bit, with about 40 other people in the store. I made eye contact with about 15 people but nobody said anything. Did they know? Did they care? I certainly didn't care. I was happy to be Jenni in public and this time my wife was by my side.
After about 20 minutes in the store we left, picked up our pizza and headed home. It felt good to finally breakdown that barrier and be my femme self out there in the world. And I am doubley glad that all of it was at my wife's suggestion. She is so awesome. Thanks Hon, you have no idea just how much this day meant to me.

thanks to everyone on this forum for helping put my high-heeled foot out the door today. You are a wonderful group of people.

Roberta Lynn
12-31-2006, 12:29 AM
Congratulations Jenni, Sounds like you had a great day and you obviously have a great wife :hugs:

Joy Carter
12-31-2006, 12:37 AM
Jenni this is so great that you can be who you are without fear. Being a veteran of two public outings :D including shopping and two parties. I can tell you just reading your thread has brought back memories of the wonderful time I had. Thanks Jenni. And to many more gurl adventures for us all. BTW hug that beautiful wife of yours from all of us.

Tracy Lynn
12-31-2006, 12:40 AM
Way to go Jenni. You must feel wonderful about that.

JessieLynn
12-31-2006, 12:41 AM
Good for you Jenni!! You so lucky to have such an understanding SO. Keep it going girl!

Jess.

Calliope
12-31-2006, 12:44 AM
What a cozy report. Your wife sounds like one great sweetie !

StacyCD
12-31-2006, 07:42 AM
You have a wife that most crossdressers dream about! But once the door is open look out world! Hope you enjoyed the pizza as much as it sounded that you enjoyed your experience!

Angie G
12-31-2006, 08:02 AM
Way to go Jenni good for you:hugs:
Angie

Suzie Green
12-31-2006, 08:19 AM
Wooo hooo Jenni, way to go! It's nice having 100% support like that, as I recently found out. And having it here on this forum helps a lot too. I don't know what I'd do without either one!

Christine :hugs:

Trinni
12-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Congrats, it sounds like you got a wonderful present.

heelme
12-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Yup, this is a great forum full of wonderful individuals. It's inspiring to read how well your evening went. As StacyCD said so well, "You have a wife most crossdressers dream about!" How true. I happy for BOTH of you.

pauleen
12-31-2006, 09:22 AM
jenni,
how tall are you in heels ?? if your 6ft and under you shouldnt have had a problem going out unnoticed. good for you and your wife for being supportive ,that was a nice xmas gift from her . some of us girls are 6 ft without heels and look like line backers ,in a dress . have a great new year hun.

RobertaFermina
12-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Oh Jenni !

I am so happy for you!

Atta Girl ! :hugs:

melissaK
12-31-2006, 10:30 AM
Hon, you have no idea just how much this day meant to me..

I think she knows.

kaitlincd
12-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Congratulations Jenni. I went out for the first time in Vegas earlier in the month. I know all about the butterflies!

marie354
12-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Wow! I don't think anybody noticed... If your avater pic is an example of how you normally look. You look very natural.
:hugs:
It's stories like this that'll make my first time out easier and more relaxed.
You go girl!

Noel Chimes
12-31-2006, 03:40 PM
BIG HUGS!!!!!!!! :love: to you and your wonderful SO. And what party are you attending tonight? I'd love to be there.:yrtw: :yrtw: :yrtw:

Shelly Preston
12-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Congratulations enni

It must have been nerve racking and wonderful at the same time

Glad you ad such a good time

Madeleine
12-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Good for you girl - its what we all dream of. Maybe for me one day.

love and hugs for 2007 - Madeleine xx

Jenn2716
01-01-2007, 11:25 AM
jenni,
how tall are you in heels ?? if your 6ft and under you shouldnt have had a problem going out unnoticed. good for you and your wife for being supportive ,that was a nice xmas gift from her . some of us girls are 6 ft without heels and look like line backers ,in a dress . have a great new year hun.

Hi Pauleen,
I"m 5'11" in flats, so I am taller than most women even when I'm not wearing heels. I think my wide shoulders give me away more than my height, but I'm not really worried about being read anyway. Despite the butterflies I felt, I still had this general feeling of being comfortable with my appearance. So even if I was read it didn't bother me.

Happy New Year to you too.

Jenn2716
01-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Wow! I don't think anybody noticed... If your avater pic is an example of how you normally look. You look very natural.
It's stories like this that'll make my first time out easier and more relaxed.
You go girl!

Hi Marie,
Thanks for the compliment on my avatar. That's me pretty much everyday now, except I don't wear that much foundation all the time and I keep the low cut tops to a minimum in guy mode :D

Good luck with adventuring outside. I'm sure you will have fun. The possible insight I could offer is that the only thing I felt a little bit self-conscious about was being in public with boobs. The hair, makeup, heels, nail-polish, everything else I felt might go unnoticed by the rest of the world. But whenever I thought somebody might be looking in my direction, it was the boobs I felt they were looking at. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to get over that if I want to keep going out.

Happy New Year.