PDA

View Full Version : Salon Waxing Ettiquite

Charlotte
12-31-2006, 04:57 AM
I am hoping to get a leg wax for the second time. I am wondering if there are any rules that I should adhere to, the last time I had an appointment I did not prepare and made my appointment without a second thought.

Should I shave first and let it grow out enough for it to be waxed, I do not want to be embarassed, nor do I want to freak out the lady in the salon ??

The only other thing I can think of is to wear modest underwear.

Phyliss
12-31-2006, 06:17 AM
I can only speak for myself. Depending on how long your leg hair is, I'd say don't shave. If it's very long, you might try trimming a bit to reduce to length. it should be at least 1/4 inch long. This allows the wax to adhere to the hair, any shorter and you won't get a nice finish.
Something I've discovered, is that if I exfoliate the morning of my appointment I get a nicer job done.
Because you'll have to remove your trousers, (or lift your skirt) yes, do wear modest undies. (a bright red flashy thong is a bit much)
Do tip well when she is finished. It is, afterall a service and if the job is done to your satisfaction reward the person.
A question, how far up your legs are you going to get waxed?
Oh, a little side note, because you'll most likely have to lay on your stomach so the back of your legs can be done properly, do lay off the bean burrittos for a few days, or anything else that could cause gas :eek: :o ;)

If you enjoy the result, you might consider the idea of a full body wax. I like it very much. Contrary to popular opinion there isn't any REAL pain. Some discomfort yes but not anything that can't be endured.

Charlotte
12-31-2006, 08:30 AM
The last time i got a FULL leg wax, its just that I do feel for the woman doing the waxing, us guys do have a little more hair than they are used to?

Amy Hepker
12-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Waxing AAAAHHHHHHH!!!! That does not sound like a lot of fun. I think I will pass on that one. If I do anything it would be shave or Nair.

Phyliss
12-31-2006, 09:12 AM
The last time i got a FULL leg wax, its just that I do feel for the woman doing the waxing, us guys do have a little more hair than they are used to?

True, but after the first time, if you go back on a regular schedule there won't be as much. I have noticed that after a year of going everysix weeks I can now go every seven weeks without much difference between the six week mark and the seven week mark.
Personally I have EVERYTHING waxed.

Sedona
12-31-2006, 09:56 AM
I can only speak for myself. Depending on how long your leg hair is, I'd say don't shave. If it's very long, you might try trimming a bit to reduce to length. it should be at least 1/4 inch long. This allows the wax to adhere to the hair, any shorter and you won't get a nice finish.
Something I've discovered, is that if I exfoliate the morning of my appointment I get a nicer job done.
Because you'll have to remove your trousers, (or lift your skirt) yes, do wear modest undies. (a bright red flashy thong is a bit much)
Do tip well when she is finished. It is, afterall a service and if the job is done to your satisfaction reward the person.
A question, how far up your legs are you going to get waxed?
Oh, a little side note, because you'll most likely have to lay on your stomach so the back of your legs can be done properly, do lay off the bean burrittos for a few days, or anything else that could cause gas :eek: :o ;)

If you enjoy the result, you might consider the idea of a full body wax. I like it very much. Contrary to popular opinion there isn't any REAL pain. Some discomfort yes but not anything that can't be endured.

I'm a pretty experienced salon waxee and I agree with everything here. Just be clean and dry and use no lotions or oils prior to waxing. Unless you've got Nikolai Valuev (really hairy Russian boxer) in your family tree, I wouldn't worry about shaving a few weeks out. Better too long than too short. I always take a couple of tylenol or a prescription vicodin if I have one on hand about an hour before to dull the pain.

And, yes, a full body wax is the ultimate, including a Brazilian (many salons won't do men), and you may be able to get a package deal for more than just legs.

Happy New Year,

melissaK
12-31-2006, 10:25 AM
, a full body wax is the ultimate, including a Brazilian (many salons won't do men), and you may be able to get a package deal for more than just legs.

Just read a full story in the local paper - the writer went to a dozen spas and beauty parlors of various sorts getting herself done up (on the paper's nickle) and she wrote about the experience. She got her first Brazilian and the place that did it said the gilrs there said they offered a "sack and crack" for the men . . .

Carole
12-31-2006, 03:50 PM
I have used 2 salons in the past couple of years (mainly because the first one closed down).
At both I was asked how high up the leg I wanted waxing and my reply was 'as high as you are prepared to go, I don't want to cause any embarressment' it worked, at both salons I was waxed to the panty line; I even had my bikini line done at the last one.
As to underwear, I wore a tight thong under a pair of panties to keep my modesty. Both beauticians seemed happy with this. Be open with them and whilst requesting what you want leave it up to the beautician as to how far she is prepared to go.

marie354
12-31-2006, 04:11 PM
No.. No.. No wax for this girl. Don't like pain of any kind. It may last longer, but i'd still rather shave.
:hugs:

Phyliss
12-31-2006, 05:30 PM
As to underwear, I wore a tight thong under a pair of panties to keep my modesty. Both beauticians seemed happy with this. Be open with them and whilst requesting what you want leave it up to the beautician as to how far she is prepared to go.

Well said, I must have been going to the same lady for about six or so months before she commented that if I didn't mind it would be easier if I took off my undies. I thanked her for allowing me the ability to gain her trust.
Now, when I go there everything comes off and I just have a sheet to cover those parts she isn't working on at the time.

Charlotte
12-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Thankyou for all the great advice, I will now look forward to my waxing. It would be great to hear from the GG's aswell ??