PDA

View Full Version : Hetro CDing or HRT/SRS

marie354
12-31-2006, 11:38 AM
That's a good question that I have asked myself before.

If you could go back in time with the knoledge that you have now to a time when you were a teen, would you decide to stay the same as you are now or go all the way with HRT/SRS?

brandi64a
12-31-2006, 11:44 AM
I would go all the way

sara_also
12-31-2006, 11:48 AM
I am happy to be who I am today. The big difference would be the finished product (if ever finished ) could be more refined and experienced. I would stay a cd just as I am today.

Kate Simmons
12-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Sandra, If I hadn't made that "Left turn at Albuqerque"(like Bugs Bunny always made in the cartoons) back in 1972 when I met my wife, I'd probably have been someone else for the last 34 years, integrated into society and possibly married. I had fully intended to transition then but had a change of heart. Kind of makes me wonder what would have happened. The problem is, as I see it now, had I done that, I never would have known my 3 wonderful children who are now all grown or would have never been a Grandfather. The way things have settled out now, I'm pretty much content being Ericka as is but am presently trying out the "full time" bit to see if I really want to do it. Whatever happens, I'm fine just the way I am now and am pretty happy.:happy: Ericka

marie354
12-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Sandra, If I hadn't made that "Left turn at Albuqerque"(like Bugs Bunny always made in the cartoons) back in 1972 when I met my wife, I'd probably have been someone else for the last 34 years, integrated into society and possibly married. I had fully intended to transition then but had a change of heart. Kind of makes me wonder what would have happened. The problem is, as I see it now, had I done that, I never would have known my 3 wonderful children who are now all grown or would have never been a Grandfather. The way things have settled out now, I'm pretty much content being Ericka as is but am presently trying out the "full time" bit to see if I really want to do it. Whatever happens, I'm fine just the way I am now and am pretty happy.:happy: Ericka

Although it was a tempting thought for me as well, alas you're right... I'd never known the people, or my kids, nephews, grandchildren, etc. that I've become very fond of.
I know that my question probably has been asked many, many times before, but I thought it would be easier asking again than to search the database.
Lots O' hugs!

Karren H
12-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Same!!! It works well for me and wouldn't want to limit my flexibility when it comes to gender!! Hehe

"Best of both genders, when and where I wish!! :)

Love Karren

Juanita O
12-31-2006, 01:18 PM
That's a good question that I have asked myself before.

If you could go back in time with the knoledge that you have now to a time when you were a teen, would you decide to stay the same as you are now or go all the way with HRT/SRS?

I would not change the way things turned out. I would not have had the chance to play f/b or be a grand father.

Calliope
12-31-2006, 01:24 PM
I can't complain about the way my life has turned out. I'm after HRT for the future but I'm OK with my past. Also, I don't feel compelled to blend or yank my ladder - I think being a TS is pretty damn cool.

Casey Morgan
12-31-2006, 01:33 PM
You know Marie, I'm not sure how to answer that one. Certainly SRS would be out. But HRT? I think that decision is out of my hands now but I don't know how it fits with my needs.

In any event, I certainly couldn't have handled that question back then. If I ever get a chance toi meet my younger self I intend to keep quiet about all this. He'll make those discoveries when he's ready.

Nikki T
12-31-2006, 01:34 PM
I think i would go all the way, I would love to go back and start early, cause i know what i really want and i wish i knew then :heehee:

MJ
12-31-2006, 01:36 PM
good question . i would stay the same , my past has made me who i am today so i intend to go through with my srs/grs, but i am having too much fun right now...

Shelly Preston
12-31-2006, 01:39 PM
The impossible question

How many would do thing different even with some of the knowledge they have gain recently is probably quite high

Yes things would be different for me but I know I am and have never been destined for SRS

susie evans
12-31-2006, 01:47 PM
i agree with karren hutton i have the best of bothworlds now and don't think i would want it any other way

Sweet Jane
12-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi

I'm quite sure I'd change nothing....

When I was young, I thought quite alot about GRS but there was no, and I mean NO, support for that sort of thing in the wee community I lived in...I'd have probably been sent for shock treatment to cure me. Any way, now I know that road may have been disasterous as I never have had any sexual feelings towards men, so as a woman, I'd have to have been lesbian anyhow....yeah so I'd still have been a "misfit" in my community.

The only things that I would change having my knowledge of today would be that I would have been far more open about "me" with girls I seriously dated...I don't like that bit of me being buried sooo deep.

Teresa Amina
12-31-2006, 05:52 PM
OK, so there you are, 13-14 years old with the full knowledge of what's happened to you between then and now. You go to your parents, tell them what you want and....? Hmmm.... don't know about you but I think that would have led to the nuthouse real quick for me. So you'll have to do it on the sly, finding money however and where ever to fullfill the Dream. And somewhere a doctor is going to deal directly with a 14 year old? Yeah, right!:D
The past is a memory, today an actuality, tomorrow what we make it:thumbsup:

marie354
12-31-2006, 06:03 PM
OK, so there you are, 13-14 years old with the full knowledge of what's happened to you between then and now. You go to your parents, tell them what you want and....? Hmmm.... don't know about you but I think that would have led to the nuthouse real quick for me. So you'll have to do it on the sly, finding money however and where ever to fullfill the Dream. And somewhere a doctor is going to deal directly with a 14 year old? Yeah, right!:D
The past is a memory, today an actuality, tomorrow what we make it:thumbsup:

Yea I guess you're right there, but I was really thinking 18-19. It was never about money or parental consent, but it would be nice to have their support if you made that kind of decision.
:hugs:

Amanda Jane
12-31-2006, 06:05 PM
you would not be you if you were growing up now / so the point is moot

Angela E.
12-31-2006, 06:21 PM
I would have started HRT at a much younger age.-Angela.:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :be: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Lanore
12-31-2006, 06:44 PM
If I changed one thing in the past, I wouldn't be here with all you gals.

Lanore

Stephanie-L
12-31-2006, 08:13 PM
I don't really know what I would change. I have a wonderful wife and two great kids and I wouldn't give them up for anything. The only thing I might change is I would be more open to my wife earlier in our relationship, hoping she would be more accepting. HRT, maybe, SRS, no.

michelleliz
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
I would have gone for the gold. All the way