PDA

View Full Version : Buying on the Internet

Isabel1970
12-31-2006, 11:39 AM
I am thinking of buying some clothes on the internet (probably eBay). I wonder if anyone has any advice for me.

For a man, I am quite small and thin. I weigh 9 1/2 st, height 5ft 6ins. As a man I have a 30in waist. In shoes I take a size 7 but a D fitting, which means I have very narrow feet.

I find if I visit a dressing service, often the clothes are too big, which is very disappointing because I would love to wear a tight pencil skirt suit (see my post on 80's fashion). So I hope to find some reasonably priced stuff on the internet.

Thanks,

kaitlincd
12-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi Isabel

I have bought skirts and tops on ebay several times. It's mostly been a good experience - I've gotten a couple of things that didn't fit but it was my fault for not emailing the seller and asking specific questions about measurements.

As for your problem of finding clothes small enough to fit you, I wish I had that problem!!! New Year's Resolution: Lose 30 lbs!

Happy New Year

Sharon
12-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Gads, at your size you can buy clothes wherever you want! If you feel more comfortable buying off the internet, rather than from actual retail stores, then go to clothing store websites, find the articles of clothing that you like, then check the sizing charts that the store provides.

Have fun and thanks a lot for reminding me how big I am!:p

Robin Leigh
12-31-2006, 03:10 PM
I am quite small and thin. I weigh 9 1/2 st, height 5ft 6ins. As a man I have a 30in waist. In shoes I take a size 7 but a D fitting, which means I have very narrow feet.

We hate you.

(Just kidding!)

:love: :hugs:

Robin

Julie York
12-31-2006, 03:16 PM
Waist is important when buying skirts because you haven't any hips to hang it on if it is an inch too big. So ask the seller exact waist size.

Sharon86
12-31-2006, 05:58 PM
hi Isabel, i'm a 32/34 waist, and my skirt size is generally a 14, however, i have recently purchased a 12 which fits lovely, and All of my blouses have been a 16. The vast majority of my purchases have been through e-bay and so far (fingers crossed) i have had no problems whatsoever. Happy hunting, be careful though, e-bay can be so addictive.(far to many pretty things). Sharon. xxx.

Amy Hepker
01-07-2007, 09:46 PM
Stay away from seller from Japan or China, we have had bad luck with them, always check the feedback to see if they are reliable people. If you or anyone else wants to see my Eaby contact me and I will give you my Ebay account number.

Melinda G
01-08-2007, 12:35 AM
For most ummm, guys, the shoulders are the problem. Men have bigger shoulders than women. And if the shoulders fit, then the rest of the dress is too big.