PDA

View Full Version : I owe this all to you girls....

Kate_Uhler
01-22-2005, 07:42 AM
I need to take a moment and thank all of you collectively for your remarkable support and inspiration. I’m finding this is nothing less then a life changing event for me and I am in awe and wonder at the things I watch myself doing that seemed unthinkable a week ago.

Everything I read and see from each and everyone of you here has made me more and more courageous in fulfilling a dream. Its beautiful. Its simple beautiful..

Yesterday I walked into a shoe store picked out a pair of shoes, sat down, tried them on, tried on another pair that fit better, decided two is better one ( of course ) and left the store with MY first two pair of womens shoes ever. It was like I was in a dream, I left thinking, “Did I just do what I think I did?”

You helped me realize that this is my right, that I’m entitled to it, and the only restraints are the ones my fears fool me into thinking exist. I am only limited by what I think I can’t do. You've showed me all I can do.

I never really introduced myself when I came in last week. The reality is I don’t like being new. I don’t like being inexperienced. I don’t like being vunerable, but that is exactly what I am. I wish to acknowledge that now and let you know I listen to what you offer. Offerings hard earned by actions that take incredible levels of self esteem, courage and determination and then allow your wisdome to help me learn to cultivate them in myself.

I’m honored to be one among you. Thanks for making me proud of what I have, what I am and what I desire.

a lil' misty eyed,
kate.

ps. I love being able to sit like this with heels... its like magic!

kisses kisses and more kisses

Julie
01-22-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi Kate, I am very pleased for you that you were able to go and get those shoes and overcome what you thought impossible only a week ago. It's you who deserves the praise rather than it being targeted at us on the forum, it was you who entered the shop and made the purchase, not us.

The shoes Kate look lovely as do the pictures in general.

Well done

JJ

Topaz
01-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi Kate,

Good going for you, but . . . I'm getting really jealous, most of the ladies here have better looking legs than I do! :(

ChristineRenee
01-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Here, here! I'll echo what Julie said. It IS you that deserves the kudos. I shop for women's things all the time and am pretty matter-of-fact about it too, but when I go into a shoe store to buy shoes, I STILL don't have the courage to try them on there. (fortunately I know my size)

From my perspective, it is not easy to come out of that closet, and I think the older that you are, and the longer that you have been a CD and IN that closet, the harder it is. Too many bad memories of an era when this kind of thing was just unthinkable I guess. That's why sites like this one are so wonderful because you are able to connect with others who are like you and share similar experiences, and at the same time offer support and advice to others just starting out or who have questions regarding various aspects pertaining to CD'ing.

So congrats to you Kate for not letting your fears stop you from doing something that we all should be able to do in comfort anyhow.

Oh...I love the shoes by the way, and you got great legs girlfriend!;)

Love,
Christine Renee

Sharon
01-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Good for you Kate. Wow -- what a huge and exciting step for you!
The new shoes look wonderful, and I, for one, won't miss the tennis shoes. :)

Sharon

paulaN
01-22-2005, 08:42 AM
great shoes and great legs. I love this place too. all the girls here are so supportive. we're all in this together.

AnnaMaria
01-22-2005, 08:49 AM
It is good to hear a success story from one of our sisters. Too often we get sidetracked and don't get the chance to actually say wat we feel. At least I know that I do. With all that is going on in his life there does't seem to be much time for me and what I want or need lately. I am happy to know that we were able to give some incouragement and help in your time of need.

huggs
anna

Fiona K
01-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey Kate,
This place has that effect on you! Anyway, as Julie said it was you who showed the courage, we're here for encouragement!
Fiona
xx

Georgette
01-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Welcome kate and thank you for the nice letter and praises, Now the ultimate test try going to Victorias Secret and get personal assistance to be fitted for a Bra that is the real test. If you have read some of my remarks you know I DID IT and what a feeling of eupjoria as I was in the dressing room with the associate.LOL

Tristen Cox
01-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Kate you owe us nothing. We're all glad you are here and getting the most from this place. *hugs*

Love
Tristen

Vallari
01-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Congratulations Kate! You deserve the praise (like the others have mentioned). I envy you for being able to try on the shoes right in the store like that too. Im also glad for you that your enjoying this and are comfortable with yourself and learning. Enjoy it! :) :) :)

Kate_Uhler
01-22-2005, 05:15 PM
you girls are the best!... I'm so glad you're in my life... I feel empowered by our clan. More so everyday.. ( today I went to buy blouses and pearls at the open air flea market *smile* )

I would have never done this if I hadn't seen how others did it before me.

thanks always for the encouragement.

ps Sharon... Yes I was so tired of wearing the tennis shoes, the 'SportySpice' thing was getting thin... lol... I think thats what motivated me to go to the store.

Sweet Susan
01-22-2005, 05:25 PM
You GO, Girl! What a well written thread starter! You said so many things that most of think, and you did it so well.

StephanieCD
01-22-2005, 05:31 PM
I hope it brings a smile to your face to know that you have inspired me, Kate. The shoe store is my biggest fear/dream... I'm going to try as soon as I pay the rent I think... we'll see - I may not be as brave as you yet! Way to go!

racheal
01-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Very nice Kate! Those shoes are a keeper!

MichelleGray502
01-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Hi Katie i just join this forum about 10 mintues ago and came across your pictures and you look really nice in them and also your black skirt looks good on you as well. it takes a while to come out but when you do you are always very proud of yourself in doing so.

Michelle_peanut_skirter

Holly
01-23-2005, 02:32 AM
...I don’t like being vunerable, but that is exactly what I am. I wish to acknowledge that now ...
Kate, honey,that's just one of the joys of being a girl...vunerability. It's our vunerability that leads to opportunity to grow, to experience, to live. Your vunerablity adds to our strength. It's us who should be thanking you for adding to our collective strength.

BTW, do those shoes come in pink?

Rikki
01-23-2005, 03:46 AM
Kate,
Way to go girl. It girls like you who inspires us older ladies. That is what is so great about this forum, the girls here are so supportive. Before I joined this site, I would have never even thought that I would share my thoughts or my history. I do hope that I will be going out someday.

Rikki

racquel
01-23-2005, 04:32 AM
Kate way to go girl.I also have been motivated to move forward after a period of stagnation by the girls on this forum (especially georgette).
Have just read a post previously from lauren who also credits the forum to motivate her.It really is a supportive enviroment here.
P.s. you have great legs. :D

Kate_Uhler
01-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi Katie i just join this forum about 10 mintues ago and came across your pictures and you look really nice in them and also your black skirt looks good on you as well. it takes a while to come out but when you do you are always very proud of yourself in doing so.

Michelle_peanut_skirter

Michelle,

Welcome girl! I love your name.... just love it!!! I'm sure I speak for all the other girls here by saying you add to us like every new person.. and we thanks you for being with us... I'm sure you'll enjoy this place.. Hope we get to hear more about you soon... *smile*

kate...