PDA

View Full Version : How long?

occdresser
12-31-2006, 06:08 PM
How long does it take you to get fully dressed up. It takes me about a hour and a half

Amy Hepker
12-31-2006, 06:14 PM
It all depends on how far you are talking, but in general about half an hour, maybe longer.

marie354
12-31-2006, 06:17 PM
The hardest part about getting dressed in the morning is deciding what to wear. I mean you don't want to wear anything that you've worn within a week or more... Decisions, decisions.
This morning I guess it took me, once I was awake enough to get dressed, about 45 minutes, give or take a little.
My GF didn't like the way I did my make up today though... I'm still experimenting how to do it quickly and keep it looking nice. A little goes a long way you know.
:hugs:

michelleliz
12-31-2006, 06:19 PM
About an hour,If I can make up my mind what I want to wear

Michelle Liz

Karren H
12-31-2006, 06:23 PM
Well with my just-in+time crossdressing style...about 15 minutes if I had predressed with my lingerie on under my male clothing.. So walk into the unisex restroom male and walk out 15 minutes later female!! And thne go shopping. :).

Now when I have the time and feel like messing with some new makeup schemes....hours!!

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
12-31-2006, 06:23 PM
It's kind of a moot question for me right now Hon, since I'm doing the "full time" thing for awhile. Previously, when I was going out, it would take me anywhere from 25 to 30 minutes from the time I finished shaving to out the door. I did "cheat" a little though. I usually had my entire outfit laid out before I shaved so I didn't have to fuss too much trying to figure it out.:happy:

carla smith
12-31-2006, 07:25 PM
This really depends on who, what, where ,when and why I am going. Also, my mood, and how many times I have to dress and change because it does not feel right or match my mood.

To the supermarket......10 minutes...

Out on the town....like tonite....2 hours...oh, gotta go!

Have fun out there!

Penny
12-31-2006, 07:45 PM
This is a trick question, right? For me, there is not set time other than however long it takes to feel pretty. Sometimes 5 minutes and sometimes
too long. :hugs:

Penny

rachel_rachel
12-31-2006, 08:31 PM
When i'm just at home, it may take about 45 mins. For the new year's party we went to last night, about an hour and a 1/4 but that was with someone else doing my make-up.

Angie G
12-31-2006, 08:55 PM
Under 1/2 hr. no make up :hugs:
Angie

Paula T
12-31-2006, 09:37 PM
but I have done it in less time:D One night decided to go shopping to buy a pair of boots got made up in less than a half hour:o

JulieCDorlando
12-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Happy New Year,
It takes me usually about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from bath to full completion.

susie evans
01-01-2007, 02:41 AM
it usualy takes about twenty to thirty minutes if i don't make any mistakes with the make up all i need is more practice

Eugenie
01-01-2007, 03:47 AM
When it is to stay at home, minding the house chores and doing my own deskwork, I dress in a very short time, not even puting on any makeup.

If it is to go visit friends or if I'm expecting friends at home, then it takes me about one hour, that is if I don't have to go through epilating my body...

:hugs:
Eugenie

RobertaFermina
01-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Dressing 15 minutes
Makeup 30 minutes
Fussing about what to dress....15 minutes more !

Cheryl GG
01-01-2007, 04:01 AM
geesh....some of yall have me beat....I am like Carla....sometimes less than 30 mins....sometimes seems like forever.....depends on where I am going....I dont wear much make up at all....there are a few of you that can get dressed faster than me....and if I do the whole lay the clothes out ahead of time thing...that does cut down on time....but then have had me change my mind and not want to wear what I laid out.....I am impressed at the timing you all have down.....wow......C/

Kate Simmons
01-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Interesting side note on this--Sometimes like Cheryl said, even though I have my whole outfit laid out (I consider the wig part of the outfit), I decide at the last minute well, this ain't gonna work--this is terrible, so I rush around trying to "fix" it, usually because I'm supposed to meet my friends somewhere and I don't want to be late. Well, sometimes the time catches up with me and I just settle and leave anyway but not really being satisfied with my appearance. I'll get to the club or where ever not knowing what to expect only to have them tell me I look great. At that point I keep my mouth shut of course because in my mind all I did was "fake it". This shows me that the fact we may obsess a lot about our apperance may be overblown and we don't always have to look like a fashion plate because real friends relate to us as a person and not what we look like. This has happened with me on more than one occassion and is just another verification that all I really have to do is be myself. Go figure!:happy:

Theresa(TGirl)
01-01-2007, 04:57 AM
Whenever I dress, I don't time it, I dress for fun, not for a competition.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-01-2007, 10:37 AM
1 hour to 1 1/2 counting shaving, make up. I could do it quicker but it usually takes a 1/2 hour just to decide what I'll wear. Jocelyn

Chiana
01-01-2007, 10:55 AM
From full guy mode to full girl mode, which includes; showering, full body shaving, moisturizing, brushing my teeth, applying full make-up, and complete dressing takes less than an hour. Years ago, when I made my debut to the GG friend who knows about my dressing, the make-up alone took over and hour. And I do a better job of doing make-up now, than I did then.

TxKimberly
01-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Depending on how far I had allowed myself to degrade (AKA - am I covered in fur) at least two hours. I was cursed with very fair skin and a heavy black beard. It takes a LOT of makeup and work to cover that up!
Kim

kaitlin
01-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey Girls, When I first started it would take at least two hours, head to toe, now that I know in what order to put things on it take about 30 min. That's is with a wig, now that my real hair is growing out it may start to take longer again, we'll see. Happy 07 Kaitlin

Christina Nicole
01-01-2007, 12:36 PM
It depends. If I'm going out, which is the usual reason I dress as a woman, it takes a good 30 minutes to shave very well without getting any cuts or otherwise hurting my face. Applying nail tips and polish is good for probably another 90 minutes. Another 30 or so to do makeup and dress. So somewhere between two and a half to three hours.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

occdresser
01-01-2007, 12:55 PM
One of the reasons it takes me an hour and a half is because I have to take my cloths out of hiding and then I have to decide what to wear,shave,shower make-up,earings,undercloths,ect.... Thanx for the feedback gurls HAPPY NEW YEAR:Party2:

suchacutie
01-01-2007, 04:23 PM
As many have said, it all depends:

deciding about clothes and dressing...10-15 min.
makeup.........................................30 min.
nails............................................. well, forever...how many coats?
and if we start from shaving..............30-60 min (from hurry to more fun!)

put all that together and it's between 10 min and 2 hours!!

tina

rickie121x
01-02-2007, 01:21 AM
1. Deciding to dress - ummm, instantly! :D
2. Shaving body - one hour - don't do this every time I dress
3. Bathing, washing and styling hair, and shaving face, - one hour
4. Makeup - one and one half hours
5. Dressing - from ten minutes to an hour - depending ....
6. Jewelry selection and perfume - fifteen minutes
7. Admiring myself in the mirror - five minutes
8. And then off to the races!

Good god, that explains why I am always very late for stuff.... I always figure that it will take two hours, but it almost always takes three or more! :o

Rickie :doll:

webber_k
01-02-2007, 01:54 AM
i have to agree between 10 min and 2 hours depending on how far i want to go and how much time i have but on average about 30 min to get ready for bed

ArleneRaquel
01-02-2007, 02:06 AM
If I really want to look good about 1 and 3/4 hours, if I am just running to mail a letter, about 10- 15 minutes. To get ready for bed almost 1/2 hour. Going shopping or for a walk around the neighborhood a girl always wants to look her best. Maureen

dods460
01-02-2007, 03:00 AM
I'd say from boy to girl I'd need a good 45 min to an hour

Lovely Rita
01-02-2007, 10:57 AM
How long does it take you to get fully dressed up. It takes me about a hour and a half

same here about an hour and a half. I really wish I could get faster but it is always the eye make up that does me in. making sure the eyeliner is correct etc.

Hugs

wendy
01-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I have a new appreciation as to why women take so long to get dressed and get ready.

If i rush, maybe 30 min. (that includes the lingerie, outer wear, and wig, no makeup).

If i take my time and make sure everything is perfect, close to an hour.