PDA

View Full Version : My Netball experience

lady lycra
01-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Well it's done.
I have so much to say, but I'll try and start at the beginning, but I'm a little
crazy at the moment. I can't beleive my morning.

My neighbour saw me going to the car. he took a double take and smiled, he said "Bloddy hell, look at you. Special occasion or is this how you always dress on the weekend?"

I explained about the game and the kit etc, as I was explaining, my other neighbour came across and started asking me questions. I tried to explain but it came out a bit muddled
The boy across the road is a drag queen so my female neighbour asked if I was thinking into going into competition.
Once I explained why I was dresses the way I was, they both wished me luck.
Being seen by my neighbours was a real turn on, especially the female neighbour. She's really cute. She said I looked great, and commented on my legs and hair

Anyway, I arrive at the venue, the 5 girls are there but Mat (the other guy) isn't.
The girls schreech when they saw me. I hold the edge of my skirt and curtsey. I then do a twirl.

They all said that I looked adorable. One of them, Claire, loved my plaits.
She said it made me look like a real girl. It was then that she noticed my legs

This made the girls even more silly.

The Mat arrived. He wasn't dressed. He looked at me with amazement and said "boy, you're really getting into this aren't you?"
My reply was, "well go with the flow. In for a penny in for a pound"
I asked where his kit was and he said the he was going to change in the changing room.
he went in and I followed him.

Mat took out his dress and a pair of cycle shorts. He got undresses and put his dress on. He looked cute and he was VERY embarressed . He then tried to put on his shorts, but he couldn't as the skirt attached to his leotard dress stopped him pulling them up.
"Oh well," I said "It looks like you'll have to play without them"
I didn't suggest that he took his dress off and put the shorts on first.

Mat hadn't shaved, but his hair, not quite as long as mine, was tied back into a pony tail.
He looked good, but his goatee beard spoiled the effect.
We went out to meet the others.

The other team were in the sports hall and they whistled as me and mat walked in.
Like the girls on my team they said that I looked great and were greatful for my effort.

Helen, our captain, had white strips of adhesive material. These were to stencil our names on. "OK girls" she said to myself and Mat, "What do we call you?"
"Mat" said Mat. "That won't do Said Helen, We're all girls together so we'll ALL have girls names. "Ok" he said, "how about Matlilda?"
Helen told him that it was too much like his real name and to pick another. He settled on Kylie (not original bu a big stick). Kylie was stencilled on the lable and it was stuck to his back.
Me? What name did I chose? Well there is only one name I could give and that was of course Linda :)
Linda was stencilled onto my strip and stuck the my back.
Linda has finally been seen in public for the first time!!!!! :D

It was decided that the two less experienced players play Goal keeper and Goal defence.

I pointed out the in a mixed game, this is not allowed. Only one male player be alowed in each third. The answer to this was that there NO male players. This made me feel really special indeed. I noticed Mat blushed and squirmed. The firls were very impressed about my knowledge of the rules. "I' had a quick look on the net." I said. I didn't mention that I've visited EVERY netball site that I could find, it's all I've done since 'joining the team'

It was decided that we'd only play 1/2 hour games. As none of us had played for ages/before, it might be too much. Also shorter games meant we could play more if we wnated to.

I had my GD lables pinned front and rear and for the first time, I really felt like a netball player
Mat became GK.

The rest is a blur. After a brief rundown on basic rules and a "how to" demonstartion, I took my positon on the court and after what seemed like an eternity, the whistle blew and the gane started.

How I LOVED running and jumping with the other girls. The swish of the skirt, the feel of the leotard pulling and stretching. I can honestly say that there has never been a better feeling in my life EVER. I kept looking around at the other girls and thinking to myself.
"God,I look like them...God,I AM one of them" I have never been so elated.
What was really special was when I had the ball, the girls would call "Linda"

The half time whistle blew and we were loosing 15-8, no thanks to me an Mat,sorry Kylie :)
We were useless, but we did stop one or two balls/people getting past, and we even stopped one or two goal attempts.

We had a chat and a drink, and I was asked how I felt. "Wonderful," I replied "but knackered."
Helen assured me and Kylie, that we were doing really well for the first time.
After 5 minutes the whsitle blew for the second half.

We lost! The other team were all over us. They had obviously played before.

The tow captains had a chat and agreed that we'd play another. We had the hall untill 12:30 and it wasn't 11 yet.

We played 4 games in total, of which we won one

I was knackered and sweaty. The dress felt even more amazing. It clung that bit more, and made me more aware of it than I was before.

After the last game we all got together and had a long chat. Kylie and myself were very popular. The other side were very impredd with out kit. They were also very impressed with Kylie and Linda's courage for wearing it
I was commented on how I looked. The loved the hair and legs (so did I).
They then suggested that Kylie does the same for when we have a re-match.

RE-MATCH!!!! THEY WANT A RE-MATCH!!!!!!!!
Kylie, suggested that we might not be in the team next time as they might find female replacements. Helen's reply to this was "I'm Captain, I pick the team. You two are part of that team, whether you like it or not! There's no need to look for replacements."
This made me explode inside... I'm going to do it ALL again, next weekend. Venue and time not decided, but we are doing it again.

The other team went off as a group and left the seven of us and a few partners/wives etc.
Helen suggested that if we are going to rematch, then perhaps we need to get a bit of practice. She's booking somewhere for Wednesday or Thursday evening.
I asked if we'll need our kit and her reply was "wear what you want, Your kit, shorts or a skirt. Anything but jeans will be fine"

Do you think that if I turn up in my kit they'd get suspicious?

I have since learned that Helen used to be Captian and coach for team up in the Welsh Vallies.
She always insisted on her team looking the part. This is why she chose the dresses, this is why she wanted me and Kylie to wear them. If we're going to be a team, we're going to be a team, and means looking like a team.

I asked Mat why he hadn't gone off to change, his anwer " it's hardly worth it. I can't shower as there's no hot water. I'll wait 'till I get home now"
This from the guy who waited until the very last minute to get changed.
I asked him how he felt in the dress and his reply pleased me.
"shit, I feel hot" he said. "don't get me wrong, I'm not gay or anyhting, but it feels great. How about you?"
I told him how I felt, how it turned me on, and how I couldn't wait to wear it for real.
I told him about shaving my legs twice, about having my hair plaited. I basically came out to him there and then.
Mat agreed that it felt special, and next time, he won't be bringing his cycle shorts, if his wife will let him he might even shave his legs
Kylie is happy to be part of the team!

We went over to meet with out wives/partners and strolled out to our cars.
The cold wind blew as we left the building, and aginst my bare legs.My skirt flapped and it felt like a thousand volts going up and down my spine. To avoid sounding crude, shall I just say that I 'almost embarressed myself'

When I arrived home,my female neighbour came out to see how we got on.
She saw my name on my back and said it was a nice name and it suited me.
She asked how I enjoyed myself, and I told her it was amazing. I also told her of the re-match and the practice sessions. She's promised to come along and watch

We went into the house, put the kettle on, and my wife gave me a great big hug.
I went to make the tea and my wife went upstairs.

She came down a few moments later, with a plain blue polo shirt and a pleated navy netball skirt.
"these are more use to you now than they are me," She said "It can be your practice kit if you want it to."
I forgot that last year she had a few games with her company's team so she had the skirt.

At this moment I hugged her and cried. I cried for a long time. I LOVE that woman!

She's not happy with my cross dressing, but as half the street has seen me, and I've been made a permanent member of the team, and it's not just a one off, she'll allow me to enjoy myself.

I've been home for 3 hours and I still havent got changed (I wonder if Kylie has?).
My wife has even given my bottom a quick slap once as I passed her in the kitchen.
I'll change when I go up to shower reday for the evening ahead.

The team are off for a pizza tonight (so much for my diet). My wife is staying home with my son.
I won't be one of the girls though, I'll be in everyday clothes.
I will insist on being called Linda though

I can't wait for the practice session and the game next weekend.

So, that's my story. Sorry it's sooooo long but so much has happened.

You girls have been so supportive, and you've given me courage.
THANK YOU!

Love
Linda

Georgette
01-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Where's the picturesLOL

DanaJ
01-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey, sounds like you had a GREAT time!! We are all envious of you too! I KNOW you had to get some pix, I bet they would be awesome!

Funny that you didn't mention more about the weather, which I understand is very cold, with rain and sleet this morning? Also, if I am not mistaken, there is an official warning out for heavy rain and snow with very difficult driving. Sounds like nasty weather - brrrrrr.

One other question - how come the other team made up of all girls didn't complain when they found out two guys were on your team? The leagues/games I have been in before, that wouldn't be allowed. Did you have official referees/officials, or did the two teams call their own game?

Anyway, count me as one who are dying to see these photos, they will be fantastic I know!! :)

DanaJ

Marlene4a
01-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Yes, Like Dana, I too am a fan of these type of games, and would like to see photos also.
Sounds like you had an exceptional, and "smashing" time.

Me

Megan_Renee
01-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Oh how I wish something like that would hapen to me. It would be so nice to be part of a team an accepted at that!

How wonderful!

I do hope that you continue the saga. (at least telling us the details you will!)

Megan

Holly
01-23-2005, 03:08 AM
Linda,

Talk about having it all! WOW. Getting to dress in something REALLY cute, going out in it, being accepted by the other gg's on the team, your wife supporting you, and a new CD buddy all in one day! Almost sounds like a fairy tale. It must have been a dream come true for you. I'm so happy <eyes starting to tear, sniffles>. Please share more as soon as you can. We can't wait. A victory for one is a victory for all. Your team may not have won the match, but you are our champion.

Wenda
01-23-2005, 03:28 AM
Sounds absolutely awesome!! you are into a good thing girl. congratulations! enjoy! send pics. wenda.

Rikki
01-23-2005, 04:41 AM
Linda,
Way to go girl. You may not have won the game, but you did win the moment. We congradulate you and hope the rest a the season goes just as well for you. Win or lose, at least you win. :)

Rikki