PDA

View Full Version : In need of HRT or Mid life crisis

Marcie Sexton
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
My wife who was a psy-RN ask a pretty interesting question today, not to hurt but out of interest and care for me...

she ask me if I "really thought" this was me or was it a mid life crisis...she also suggested that I do some checking about side effects of gastric bypass too...seem besides you body becoming unable to absorbe B12, thus the shots, but also drains the male body of T'tone...interesting sure enough, but I also explained to her this went a lot deeper than either of the two mentioned...telling her of my desires when I was "much, much" younger< 10-12 >...

At any rate what do you all you think...I'm sure there is a legit argument, but then again there could be something to it...

Personally for 40 +/- years I have had the desire to wear and live en-femme, but would also be the first to admit that both things my wife ask may contribute to the strong feelings I have...

Thanx girls for your thoughts...

Scotty
01-01-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure about all of that, but you mentioned Vitamin B12, and I read today how the liver requires this to generate sugars......

I read about hangovers, but basically because the liver is busy processing alcohol it can't do it's normal job (?).

I'm no medical person so I'm curious about those tie-ins - anyone??

What does HRT do to B12?

MJ
01-01-2007, 11:25 PM
hi Marcie
well i think not, why because you have desires to dress femme from age 10 or 12 .. and most of us that are " tg " come out in our 40 +/- a few . that is what happened to me , and my shrink told me the same thing.. but if you can deal with your cding then don't worry about it, why not get a check up from the neck up ? talk to a gender therapist then you know for sure ...
hugs Marissa

Marcie Sexton
01-01-2007, 11:27 PM
you miss understand...when one has gastric bypass your body developes the inability to absorbe and/or produce B12, just as it will also drain the male body of t'tone...

Trust me been there and know that...

MJ
01-01-2007, 11:41 PM
sorry Marcie
well i can understand the b12 shots, but the body's T'tone level will go a little low , but not that low.. and you say hrt ? er no you do not want that real bad stuff,,, better get a "t" shot in the arm..
you have a good question there i will ask my doctor this week

in regards to your bypass what other effects do you and yours have to deal with i assume the weight loss was different for the both of you ? as your S.O had any side affects ? i am just interested ..

Marcie Sexton
01-02-2007, 12:38 AM
MJ, yes she does experience the same effect as I do...low B12 and like wise low estrogen count...and again according to our Dr< we share the same one > in addition to age 52/44 respectively, the by pass surgery will in fact contribute to the normal and increase the the drain of our respective hormone levels...even after 3 + years I am still learning a lot of things that my body has done or not doing in exchange for weight loss, but in retospect a small price to pay for life, wouldn't you agree, seeing how my weight was near 400 lbs. chrol. 465 and bp was 205/100...talking about dead man walking...

But getting back to my question, she was simply asking my opinion...and all the factors are indeed facts of patients like myself...but I have long ago figured out that I am Marcie in heart and soul, just not body...

GypsyKaren
01-02-2007, 12:55 AM
but I have long ago figured out that I am Marcie in heart and soul, just not body...

Marcie, I think you just answered your question.

Karen

AmberTG
01-02-2007, 02:43 AM
I wish I could be so sure, I seem to be stuck somewhere in the middle. Gender dysphoria has been with me from the time I was a teen, but I never put a name to that part of me until recently, Guess I'm still unsure where I fit. You at least know who you are inside.

Kristen Kelly
01-02-2007, 05:02 AM
My GF has asked the same question, If this was a mid life crisis. My answer to that was NO, I have been dressing since 7 or 8 but it wasn't until I was 46 had it became a crisis in my life. That is when I stopped voluntarily for 2 years, I was so unhappy and did not know why. My taking it to the other extreme is me dealing with it, never been as happy.

melissaK
01-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Marcie,

Getting bored driving a family sedan for 25 years and going out and buying a Guards Red Porsche; getting bored having sex with the same woman for 25 years and hitting on the 20 something girls at the market; getting bored out of your mind doing the same job for the last 25 years and taking up falconry as a profession; now those're mid-life crisis signs.

So, getting damn tired of living as a man that I'm not, and deciding to wear women clothes to reflect what I am, maybe it does partake a little of a mid-life crisis. Such is the way of late onset TS.

As for the lowere T levels - there is literature suggesting lowered T levels help TG deal with anxieties from trying to not cross dress. (check Anne Vitale's papers for a footnote reference). So, a plausible theory could be stated that a gastric by-pass that lowers T levels should actually have helped you avoid your CD/TG issues.

Well, spin the black and white yin yang wheel and you see the world is grey.

Hugs

Wilma28
01-08-2007, 07:51 AM
My wife who was a psy-RN ask a pretty interesting question today, not to hurt but out of interest and care for me...

she ask me if I "really thought" this was me or was it a mid life crisis...she also suggested that I do some checking about side effects of gastric bypass too...seem besides you body becoming unable to absorbe B12, thus the shots, but also drains the male body of T'tone...interesting sure enough, but I also explained to her this went a lot deeper than either of the two mentioned...telling her of my desires when I was "much, much" younger< 10-12 >...

At any rate what do you all you think...I'm sure there is a legit argument, but then again there could be something to it...

Personally for 40 +/- years I have had the desire to wear and live en-femme, but would also be the first to admit that both things my wife ask may contribute to the strong feelings I have...

Thanx girls for your thoughts...
"...seem besides you body becoming unable to absorbe B12, thus the shots, but also drains the male body of T'tone."
....I can find no corroboration of this statement.....where did that quote come from ????

Brianna Lovely
01-08-2007, 08:26 AM
"...seem besides you body becoming unable to absorbe B12, thus the shots, but also drains the male body of T'tone."
....I can find no corroboration of this statement.....where did that quote come from ????

Try a google search on "gastric bypass" "B12", lots of info.

Jestina
01-08-2007, 08:33 AM
It sounds like someone who "totaly don't get it" is trying to find a reason that they can grab onto to deal with your dressing.
None of their business really.
Interesting theory though.

She should do some psychological research instead of medical research.
This would reveal what you indicated, which is the urge to cross dress goes way back into childhood most commonly.
Not always though, because some of us block it out through selective memory or just refuse to remember the urges, and others genuinely do not recognize any such urges until later in life.

My official psychological diagnosis is:

"Sooooo whatever"

Seriously! I am never this sarcastic...Wow. that was fun!

Dr. Jestina.

Mary Morgan
01-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Marcie, There are as many possibilities as there are people on this planet. You must find your own comfort level, and if necessary, explanations to help you decide how far to go. Though there is alot of common ground among us, I wouldn't pretend to know enough about my own feelings, wants, desires, to try to encourage or discourage a sister. I have wnated to be a girl since age 4 or 5. At 11, I wanted to have breasts and still do. I love to dress, and can't spend enough time em femme. I have thought many times that hormones and even transition might be an option. At this point in my life, I just try to divide my time in a way that works. Some days it works better than others. It really doesn't matter why you feel as you do. It matter how you act upon it. Only you have to deal with all the ramifications. I would encourage you to seek as many medical and psychological authorities as you can, if for no other reason than to try to satisfy your own mind. Good Luck with it.

Kate Simmons
01-08-2007, 09:12 AM
About six years ago when I first came "out" openly, my wife made the statement that she thought I was going through my "second childhood".I think she was correct in a lot of ways. It was just that this was my "female" one.:happy:

Robin Leigh
01-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Books could be written on this topic...

I believe that we always have our TG propensities, but they are strongly influenced by our sex hormones. With high T & low E, there tends to be an erotic focus, and with low T &/or high E it's less sexual & more about connecting with our feminine essence.

The older I get the more I want to dress just because it makes me feel more feminine, not just because that femininity is a turn-on to my male side.

Erotic crossdressing is something that can be hidden from the world. Expressing yourself as a feminine person means interacting with others, so it's not so easy to hide. And as we get older & more comfortable with ourselves, we're not so concerned with the negative opinions of the small-minded.

Robin

Karren H
01-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Well Marci, I think you have hit on something there and although we all have that urge to dress....it does seem to have a chemical component.. In my case, the time period of 13 to 3 years ago was a non-dressing period for me...that and the complete lack of sex drive. Three years ago they found the pitutary gland tumor which was secreting the female hormone Prolactine. Which besides making my breasts grow, caused my testosterone levels to plumit and my sex drive to crash (like I really had much sex drive in the first place) ... Now as soon as I started treatment with Bromocriptin... Which blocks the secretion of Prolactine, Boooom!! The urge to crossdress became overwhelming!!! Just like a switch went on...CLICK!! Over night.... And has been at this hightened level every since...

Now I've always heard that crossdressing increases as you get older because the testosterone levels naturally drop but with me when those levels dropped because of the tumor so did the urge to crossdress!! So I'm an odd ball... Go figure! Hehe

Sooo, you can call it a chemical imbalance or a mid-life crisis..... I'll just call it wonderful, thankyou!! :)

Love Karren