PDA

View Full Version : Binders

Ravenkai
01-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Hey all, Im new here and wanted to know what I should do to help with my FtM feeling. I cant go through surgery right now, so I want to bind my chest and wanted to know how i would go about doing it.

Raven

CaptLex
01-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey all, Im new here and wanted to know what I should do to help with my FtM feeling. I cant go through surgery right now, so I want to bind my chest and wanted to know how i would go about doing it.

Raven
Hey, Raven:

Happy New Year and welcome to the forum! :welcom:

I think a lot of the guys here can relate to what you're feeling. Personally, I wish I could have top surgery too, but it's not possible now either. Meanwhile, binding helps me too. There are some professionally made binders on the market - I think the most popular place for them is Underworks (www.underworks.com) - although some people fashion their own. The thing to keep in mind is that they shouldn't be worn 24 hours, as this can be hazardous to your health, and using things like ace bandages can also cause serious problems.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy your stay here. We have a great bunch of guys who will be happy to answer your questions and make you feel welcome. So grab a beer, put up your feet and chill out with us. Glad to have you here. :happy:

Kieron Andrew
01-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi Raven,

I am another big chested boy, so i wear chest binders from Underworks....there are many companies that sell them Underworks is just one of many

here are a few sites for you to look at

http://www.underworks.com/
http://www.t-kingdom.com/

here is a very useful site

http://www.ftmguide.org/binding.html

Felix
01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi Raven and welcome to the board :hugs: :hugs: ya in the right place and we are all here to support and help each other. I would agree with the Captain and Kieron about binders. I get mine from underworks and they are excellent although now I find it better to wear two as I am on the big side lol. Look forward to gettin to know ya Raven xx Felix :hugs:

John
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Hay, another newbie. Hi!

I'm kinda new to binding aswell.

I started of using bandages, but I've read a lot of conflicting stuff about their safety/effectiveness. I found instructions to make a binder from elastic on another forum and spent most of today stitching it: not sure I like it now though.

Did anyone else notice that other people don't comment when you have boobs one day and not the next? I was sure someone would have said something... but not a peep.

Kieron Andrew
01-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Did anyone else notice that other people don't comment when you have boobs one day and not the next? I was sure someone would have said something... but not a peep.
yup......ive not had one comment!

CaptLex
01-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Hmmm . . . now that you mention it . . . :eek:

BTW, pardon my ignorance, but who is Kenneth Williams?

Kieron Andrew
01-02-2007, 05:26 PM
BTW, pardon my ignorance, but who is Kenneth Williams?
omg!!!! you know the likes of eddie izzard, but you dont know one of the greatest actors of all the 'Carry on' films, tell me you are kidding and you call yourself a guy who likes english men!! shesh!!!

http://www.kennethwilliams.org.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Williams
http://www.stopmessinabout.co.uk/Career.htm

John
01-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Kenith Williams was a comedian. A gay, very overtly camp comedian. He started on the radio in I think the early 50's, then onto telly. He was a regular actor in the 'Carry On' movies, which if you havn't seen, you havn't lived. Go watch some of them. Right now this minuit.
(sorry to be so verry off topick)

Adam
01-02-2007, 07:12 PM
hello and welcome,
i use underworks and mango binders underworks are better but both work well

yes i did notice this as i was large chested and when i started useing the binder i was sure someone would say something but no one did / has and its been a year now lol :D

CaptLex
01-02-2007, 07:24 PM
omg!!!! you know the likes of eddie izzard, but you dont know one of the greatest actors of all the 'Carry on' films, tell me you are kidding and you call yourself a guy who likes english men!! shesh!!!

http://www.kennethwilliams.org.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Williams
http://www.stopmessinabout.co.uk/Career.htm
Thanks, Kieron and Joshua . . . I feel so deprived :p . . . never heard of those movies. I doubt the local Blockbuster video store would have them, but I'll look. If he's English, funny and gay, I know I would definitely like him. See, I learn something new every day.

P.S. He's not bad looking either. :D

Kieron Andrew
01-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks, Kieron and Joshua . . . I feel so deprived :p . . . never heard of those movies. I doubt the local Blockbuster video store would have them, but I'll look. If he's English, funny and gay, I know I would definitely like him. See, I learn something new every day.

P.S. He's not bad looking either. :D
he died in April 1988

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Williams#Films here are the films he was in! im sure Blockbusters will stock or order in any of the carry on films, as they are world renouned

Dasein9
01-03-2007, 11:34 AM
I've read a lot of conflicting stuff about their safety/effectiveness.

Here's what little I know:

Effectiveness depends on two things, how large you are and your pain threshold. I'm a 36C, or at least I was last time I bought a bra. I find the Underworks 997, size small works very well, and I now (after a few months) find it more comfortable than a bra. But I also know guys who are smaller, and who can't stand the adjustment period. The one bad thing about the binder is that it can roll up and put pressure on the kidneys. Every time I take it off, I turn it inside out, so that it doesn't start to automatically roll the same direction every time.

Another one that works, mostly for guys smaller than I am, is the frog bra from Title 9. http://www.titlenine.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=82&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=82&RS=1&keyword=frog I find it more painful than the 997 binder, myself.

As for safety, the dangers are that the breasts become more flaccid and chest constriction. Flaccid breasts actually make future binding easier. The chest constriction should not be taken lightly, as it can cause pneumonia. You should never sleep in your binder, since the way the muscles relax in sleep can make the binder constrict the chest too much. Do cough a bit hard after removing the binder. This helps clear the lungs.

I'm finding that as a smoker and in the binder, I'm keeping up with friends who are in much better shape just fine, though. So, it shouldn't be so tight that it interferes with normal activities, like climbing stairs. And, as ftm's, there's another kind of safety we need to keep in mind -- running away. Make sure the binder's not so tight that you can't run at least a short distance.

John
01-04-2007, 01:29 PM
I think I'm geting the hang of it...

I take it back!
My mother just said "Where have you're boobs gone?"

oops...

janedoe311
01-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Here is another site.

http://www.morrisdesigns.com/gynecomastia-vest.htm

Some of us wish we had that problem!

CaptLex
01-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Some of us wish we had that problem!
You can have it, as far as I'm concerned. And I'll gladly take yours . . . . :tongueout

pocoyo
01-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Hi Raven, veelcoome :happy:

I would LOOOOOOVVEEEEE to have a flat chest and fantasise about it like every day hehe!

Binding-wise I am worried about doing myself a mischief and damaging something or making something saggy which I may not be able to get removed and have to have attached to me. If I have to have boobs, I don't want stretched-into-a-funny-shape ones! I would rather get them as small and muscular and pec-like as possible. This is why I have never (so far?) bought an actual binder. Plus a few people in my family have had breast cancer and...well I don't know if breaking the structure of boobs by harsh harsh binding would "upset" them but I just don't want to stir anything up, you know. Not worth the risk. I feel that it's best to be gentle(ish) with them and then one day get them removed or let them shrink away when I get thin enough for them to be tiny, and then go on T lol.

I use a tight lycra sports bra (you know... the type without cups that is basically a tight stretchy band with shoulder straps) and push 'em up and out so they are flat but high with a bit of a pec appearance. (Rather than the sag-making down and out which I know loads of people use). Then sometimes I stick my tube type bandage (originally for a leg but I stretched it & it's now quite loose but still clingy) over the top. I think that this shows added bulk though so if going out I usually just stick with the sports bra.

As for Mr Kenneth Williams... some of you may have seen in the "who do you fancy" thread that I used to fancy him when I was little :heehee: ... hehehe...

Kieron Andrew
01-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Some of us wish we had that problem!yeah well you aint us that live with torment of having a large chest when we feel we shouldnt!

pocoyo
01-07-2007, 06:35 PM
hear hear brother

ZenFrost
01-08-2007, 01:17 AM
I wear a type of corset I got in another country, I think it's meant for a waist but it works great on my chest. My breasts are hardly detectable with it, and nearly impossible to see when I wear a loose shirt. I've also had to use ace bandages a couple times (in a pinch) but I know they're not recommended.

But yeah, don't wear them for too long at a time.

Kieron Andrew
01-08-2007, 01:34 AM
I wear a type of corset I got in another country, I think it's meant for a waist but it works great on my chest. My breasts are hardly detectable with it, and nearly impossible to see when I wear a loose shirt. I've also had to use ace bandages a couple times (in a pinch) but I know they're not recommended.

But yeah, don't wear them for too long at a time.
oooh come on share the website of the corset!! let us know where you got it hehe

ZenFrost
01-08-2007, 02:06 AM
oooh come on share the website of the corset!! let us know where you got it hehe

Unfortunately I didn't get it from a website. I got it at a stall in the marketplace of a small village in Indonesia. I know that chances of finding it again are pretty slim, but there are many other corsets that a person might want to look at when looking for a binder. I wouldn't have thought it would make a good binder until it fell out of my closet one day while I was looking for something that would work to bind my chest. I've seen other corsets though that looked like they could be good binders, usually men's corsets are built for a flat chest so they could help in binding.

janedoe311
01-09-2007, 12:47 PM
You can have it, as far as I'm concerned. And I'll gladly take yours . . . . :tongueout

Fine with me, Just have to figure out how to explaine it to my wife!

janedoe311
01-09-2007, 12:49 PM
yeah well you aint us that live with torment of having a large chest when we feel we shouldnt!

But I feel like I should have a "chest" and do not. Like something is missing from me. It is very confusing.

CaptLex
01-09-2007, 02:09 PM
But I feel like I should have a "chest" and do not. Like something is missing from me. It is very confusing.

Understood . . . but when you (and others) say "Some of us wish we had that problem!", it sounds like you're saying, "you don't know how lucky you are". We would never say that to an MtF TS who is distressed about what mother nature put between her legs, and we ask that people be a little more careful about the way they phrase things to us.