PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why

Michelle 51
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM
How do GG's do it.If i wear a bra or camisole or a slip i'm forever reaching inside my top or dress and trying to put them back in place.Thats why i don't underdress from the waist up.I'm 6 ft with broad shoulders(CDs curse) You don't see them always fixing things Is it decause our shoulders are too hard and bony or what.Just curious i guess not the end of the world or anything.:happy: Justabit

Amanda Jane
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM
i see them do it all the time / ggs are constantly adjusting clothing / its so constant that you don't notice

Kate Simmons
01-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I agree with Amanda. One of the "tricks" of being a woman. They've got it down pretty good and do it so gingerly, we don't notice most of the time.:heehee:

Marcie Sexton
01-02-2007, 01:50 PM
My wife, bless her heart, is always tugging at her straps, worse than those baseball players tugging at their crotches...

just wonder if that jock is really that uncomfortable...i know when I wore:rolleyes: one in college mine never bothered me...hmmmm maybe an idea for a new thread....

carla smith
01-02-2007, 01:52 PM
This is a problem that I have had. This is what usually works for me.

It could be that you need to tighten the straps.

Posture can be a reason. Keep shoulders up and your back straight with your chest out. (sounds like a drill sargent) :heehee:

Have fun out there!

Fallen Angel
01-02-2007, 01:56 PM
One of the girls here sugested sewing a thin piece of elastic between the straps that does help you from haveing them constantly sliping and it does work

JoAnnDallas
01-02-2007, 02:20 PM
One thing I have found is I can a bra under my shirt and the strap will alway fall and I have to look around and make sure no one is watching, so I can reach in and pull it back up. Then I wore the same bra with pads under my slip and dress at HEF2006 last year and did not have any problem of either the bar or slip straps falling. I think it has somewhat to do with the fact that in drab I did not have the pads in and when I was enfem at HEF2006 I did have the pads it. Filling out the bra put tension on the straps where as on pads allowed the bra straps to be loose. Now I could have shorten the straps while in drab, but then when I added the padding, I would have to had to lengthing them. I think a lot of us do not change the length of the bra strap between the time we are wearing our bra in drab or enfem. Now a cami is another matter all together, since they have no adjustment at all. Here it depends on whether you hve pads in your bra or not.

stlmichelle
01-02-2007, 02:57 PM
I have the same problem when I where a camisole, I hear that duct tape works really well.

lilsissy
01-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I have the same issue with body size, but to be honest, surreptitiously adjusting my bra or cami straps makes me feel just a little more feminine. Be caereful if you're wearing them under short-sleeved drab tops, I was in a restaurant one day when my waistress suggested I might want to slip my strap back up. I blushed with embarrassment, but she smiled at me and said, "Don't worry, it happens to me all the time, sweetie." :love:

Sierra Evon
01-02-2007, 03:42 PM
just more secrets of the GG world , but however I do concider myself to be a quick study....

marie354
01-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Every time I've read a thread about straps, it kind of tickles me. This is an ongoing problem with everyone whether you be GG/TG/TS. It's just one of those things that you just have to learn how to do gracefully.
:hugs:

Amy Hepker
01-02-2007, 05:39 PM
It is very natural for you to do this. You will always find different clothes fitting differently. Some as you say sliding and never staying where they are supposed to. Girls readjust in the secret of the restrooms. Why do you think they always want to go there??? It is a girl thing, just enjoy, either that or get clothes that fit you like you want and make sure they are perfect. Ya Right.

cocopuff's girl GG
01-02-2007, 05:46 PM
You can buy straps that attach to the back shoulder straps and keep the straps from falling down. I bought some from the Bali, Legg's outlet nearby for 3 or 4 dollars. Also my S.O. wears the water bra's with a water insert and it looks natural so there is no need now for fillers....

Lacey's other half
01-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree with each one of you. I adjust my undergarments ALL day long, and it's just so natural for me to do it that I don't even notice it anymore. My SO loves to watch me get ready for the day. He teases me about how much I squirm and tug, and wiggle to get things "just" right to only do it all over again in 5 min. :p

LOH

Joy Carter
01-02-2007, 05:50 PM
I read where the bra does not fit right if the straps fall. There is a web sight for fitting bras I just cant recall who has it. Try Google "bra fit"

Stephanie Scott
01-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I actually like having to adjust straps now and again. It's kinda like brushing long hair out of my eyes -- happy reminder that I'm getting to be dressed up!

Penny
01-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Bras are also made differently. I have had bras where I had to adjjust constantly and others where I didn't adjust so frequently.

:hugs:

Penny

Lanore
01-02-2007, 07:19 PM
If you really watch other women, they do some adjusting now and then. They're just real good at where. Also, when something fits, it doesn't move as much. Take your bra for instance. If your bra fits and you're not wearing breast forms, an occasional strap adjustment might be in order, but nothing falls out or moves around. I believe that's why it's so important to wear the right size cloths. Besides, the more you play with yourself, and I mean that in a good way, the more people around you are going to notice.

Lanore

Glamourgirl GG
01-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh my gosh, this happens to me all of the time. If I knew how to fix it I would tell you...but I wish someone would share that secret with me first. ;)

Amanda Jane
01-02-2007, 08:30 PM
staples work well too / for the s&m bunch its just a bonus / really, is it that hard to adjust every now and zen

Glenda58
01-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Had the same problem till someone posted to adjust the straps tighter and I haven't had a problem since.

vbcdgrl
01-03-2007, 12:58 AM
I don't have this problem. My shoulders have "depressions" where the straps naturally ride. Also, the weight of the silicone forms keeps tension on the bra straps. I usually don't wear a full slip or cami, just a half slip.

Vikki

RachelDenise
01-03-2007, 05:49 AM
I have also read that if your straps fall, you are wearing the wrong size bra. Once again the need for a fitting experience. I find that the straps fall on only some of my bras and they are all the same band width size. So it must be more than just the fit, I think the style may have something to do with it. My breast forms seem to reduce slippage in some of the bras. I like to do the adjusting of the strap, it makes me feel more fem!

Kelsy
01-03-2007, 06:21 AM
It is one of the things I love about dressing and being a girl!!! Adjusting, smoothing and primping. I luv it!!!:D

Jennifer

kaitlin
01-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Hey Girls, Here's a little something to think about. How many of ya'll wear attached breast forms as opposed to just something to fill out the bra? GG's breasts are lets say attached, when their bra is on it can't slid up or sideways etc. This for the most part keeps the bra in place, less chance of the straps moving, sliding off the shoulders. When we wear unattached forms, bird seed, water, etc. there is'nt anything to keep them from sliding every time we bend, reach, walk. And then it's bra adjusting time again. My gg brought this to my attention, I tried the breast form type double sided tape and my strap problem ended. Give it a try, good luck. Kaitlin

Ashley1
01-03-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't seem to have a problem with bra straps, but I sure do with slip straps as I am a "slip lover". Like some of you I kind of enjoy fixing the sliding straps. However, at times, such as when you are out in public, it is a bummer to have a sliding strap. A solution that I have found is a pair of small (2" x 1") rubber bra pads that are meant to cushion bra straps on on the shoulders of women. The pads are very thin and have a slot into which the bra strap is inserted and covered by the top of the pad. The rubber pad is colored nude and is made of material that does not slide on your shoulder. When I use the pads, I insert both the bra strap and the slip strap into the slot and nothing seems to get out of pace while I am wearing the pads. I would think that most lingerie departments would have the pads or could tell you where to get them. I have not looked for them on line but "Wacoal" bras most likely have them.

Ashley1

Deanna2
01-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Constantly adjusting straps - bra or cami - is one of the fun things about femme dressing. I wear camis all the time and I am for ever adjusting the straps.

kerrianna
01-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I actually like having to adjust straps now and again. It's kinda like brushing long hair out of my eyes -- happy reminder that I'm getting to be dressed up!

:iagree: :battingeyelashes: :GE:

trannie T
01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
I love 'T-back' or 'racerback' bras, the straps stay up. If a bra fits well the straps stay up better. Many women apparently are no better at finding the right size bra than I am, you see them constantly pulling up the straps.

Michelle 51
01-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Wow Who would have guessed we all had this problem.a lot of good suggestions here.Ashly1 i'm going to look for those pads thats the best i think if i can find some. i also have a habit of letting my straps out as far as they will go Don't ask me why so i'll try ajusting them a little tighter Thanks everyone for the help Justabit

sharon2
01-03-2007, 11:00 PM
i love adjusting my bra straps occasionally,especially when i am driving or
shopping.it's a real girly thing.

Lori Ann
01-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Ditto to what Kaitlin said....I have just recently discovered the wonderful world of adhesive tape between my chest and my silicone forms. It keeps everything in place. The straps however, may still slide down sometimes, but that's the price we pay for wearing a bra. I actually like having to sometimes pull up the strap, especially while in public. While I do not try to be too casual, there is always the chance someone will notice, which makes it more fun.

By the way.....I sometimes leave the straps partially down on my shoulder while wearing a sleeveless top.....just to get noticed.

Hugs,

Lori Ann