PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrows advice

Stephanie H
01-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Anyone know about eyebrow wax with spirit gum application to make the eyebrows appear thinner like the hollywood make-up special effects people do?

I have the products and followed a previous method of doing so but what it did for me was make the eyebrows look thicker and even more pronounced and the pain of removing it is far worse than getting bubblegum out of long hair.

Any advice?

Bobbie cd
01-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Gradually narrow your eyebrows down a little at a time until they are less masculine and trim them as much as you dare.
If you do it slowly enough, most people won't even notice.

Kate Simmons
01-02-2007, 06:48 PM
I dunno, it depends on how close up you are going to be with people as well. It is all about illusion anyway. You can define the brow arch with pencil and then "tone down" the other hairs with a good foundation or powder. That's what I used to do when I was in the closet and was self conscious that others would notice my brows which are naturally thick as a weed patch. Now that I'm "out" I tweeze them of course but not as much as when I first tweezed them. It depends on the look you want, your skill level and your confidence.:happy:

carla smith
01-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Sounds like you already got rid of most of your eyebrow hair....must have hurt!

Have fun out there! You need a hug:hugs:

judyw9
01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Gradually narrow your eyebrows down a little at a time until they are less masculine and trim them as much as you dare.
If you do it slowly enough, most people won't even notice.

I agree with Bobbie. That's exactly what I did and no one has noticed. You can leave them a little thick as thicker is actually "in" right now (look at the latest cover of "Marie Claire" although I think that is too thick).

Here's a pic of how I keep mine:

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/judyw9/tpics/?action=view&current=SNV30668a-2.jpg