PDA

View Full Version : Huge bloody shoulders

dods460
01-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Ok now in boy mode my shoulders are great, they do however tend to be a pain when it comes to wearing womens tops. Maybe it is just my crazy imagination but what do some of you do when wear femme cloths and having many arms and shoulders.

carla smith
01-02-2007, 10:05 PM
having many arms and shoulders.

If you have more than 2 arms along with 2 shoulders its your imagination.

Just kidding...I think I know what you mean...:heehee:

Your arms/shoulders are too big/long for female clothes.

I do not have this problem...but, I know that you can find tops with sleeves and the shoulder area that blend together, which makes your shoulders smaller and arms shorter....just thinking out loud.

Have fun out there!

marie354
01-02-2007, 10:18 PM
My GF has big arms and she swears by the tops at Lane Bryant. One of her jobs before she became a RN was chopping firewood and selling it. It really built her arms up. If you meet her and she challanges you to arm wrestle.... Don't try it! She'll put you down so fast you'll feel like a 13 year old school girl. So cheer up! You're not alone. Check out the Plus sizes.
:hugs:

Michelle 51
01-02-2007, 10:23 PM
dods460 Join the club.Take the pads out of the dresses(use them to make falsies)wear long sleeves.Scarfs help too.I don't try to pass but this is a good time of year if you want to because you can wear a midlenght coat turtle neck sweaters longer skirts with boots plus accessories like hats etc esp up north where i live all that stuff kinda takes away from the Hulk Hogan look.Most of us CDs have the same problem and there isn't no cure for it.They can make a girl out of you in some areas but they can't fix that one yet Justabit

RobertaFermina
01-02-2007, 10:25 PM
I keep hair above the shoulders. If I had long hair it would fall on my alongside my neckline, and the gap between the hair and my shoulder would be wide, accenting my broad shoulders. If I wore *BIG* long hair to shorten the gap, the hair would be so big as to be a joke.

I like open necked blouses, though no plunging necklines. The eye is attracted to my collarbones and chest, and less prone to measure the shoulder to shoulder distance.

I like a light translucent or "gauzy" overblouse that lays down loosely. It creates the expectation of volume that deemphasizes concern for shoulder width.

More than that, I decide "what the hell" I'm going to be happy. When folks get a load of my personality when I am happy, and confident, none of this shit really matters!

:hugs: Roberta

Sedona
01-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Ya know,

I basically just go with it. I like to think that I look a lot more like Chyna (wrestler) than Paris Hilton. I've got an athletic build, and one look at olympic swimmers, female wrestlers, and aerobics contestants tells me that one can be both sexy and have nicely developed arms and shoulders. Sure, I've got a few sleved outfits for cover ups, but I don't worry about it too much.

And, another note, you must be a Brit. Bloody shoulders to us Americans means, well, shoulders covered in blood (yuck).

Cheers, and happy 2007!

danam
01-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I take pictures of myself using different, creative camera angles, and throw out the shots in which don't look very femme. I then enjoy the good ones, wishing I looked like that from more angles. It ain't anything close to a perfect solution, but it helps.

shik_lok_
01-02-2007, 11:35 PM
try lots of layers and vertical lines prints (and avoid horizontal lines)

just my 2 cents

Natasha_82
01-03-2007, 12:03 AM
I buy plus sizes because like you I have problems buying regularsizes

Kate Simmons
01-03-2007, 03:42 AM
I tend to buy clothes that are just a little bit bigger than what I need. While they don't "hang" on me like a tent, it gives the appearance that I am comfortable and does not accentuate the shoulders. Like Roberta said, once people get to know you, appearance is "small potatoes" anyway and they are more interested in you as a person rather than what you look like or how well you "pass".:happy: Ericka

rachel_rachel
01-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Try halter neck tops.. You'd be surprised with the difference

Julogden
01-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Darker colors tend to minimize, lighter colors make you look larger, so wear tops that are darker, and always wear a top that is darker than your skirt or pants to help create the illusion of more female proportions.

Carol:hugs:

shik_lok_
01-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Darker colors tend to minimize, lighter colors make you look larger, so wear tops that are darker, and always wear a top that is darker than your skirt or pants to help create the illusion of more female proportions.

Carol:hugs:

sounds easy, i might give this one a try