PDA

View Full Version : Does dressing change the way you see the world?

kerrianna
01-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I went out tonight in our little town to get some take-out, do a few chores. At the last minute I really had an urge to go more en femme. I haven't been expressing that side of me much lately.

This is a small town and I know a lot of people so I had to be subtle - but I was wearing my Xmas pressies from the SO - my pink top (under a sweater), p*nties, chanelle socks, a pretty heart necklace and a nice light honey scented body-mist. I put on just enough make-up that I noticed and I guess anyone looking really careful might wonder about. :heehee:

What struck me was how differently I viewed the world when I went out. I window shopped more naturally at the ladies wear - normally it would be carefully, almost furtive - and the stuff I looked at I imagined ME wearing, not my SO or GG's. Anything that I saw as feminine I was attracted to.

There's no doubt in my mind that dressing, in whatever fashion, changes my view of the world. I imagine there must have been threads like this before (but I'm not going looking :tongueout ) so I was wondering:

Does dressing change the way you see the world?

rocval2001
01-02-2007, 09:59 PM
I think it does - I do not get too much of a chance to go out femme. But it does change the way I feel and the way I look at things.

marie354
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Yes, I belive it does. I always wear women's undergarments anymore and just knowing what I have on... I seem to walk more erect than I do normally. I look at the makeup sections, then over to the jewelry and on to clothing. Although I'm a bit nervous, it still feels fun.
Of course I've been feeling a lot better about myself since I've been reading the various posts and asking questions than I ever had before. So I'm sure that has made a differance. 2-3 months ago I would never leave the house with a bra under my manly shirt. Now I think... Women wear mens shirts, and it doesn't bother them. Even though the bra I wear is a lightly padded A, sometimes when I move just right, I become very aware of what I'm wearing, and I smile a little more.
So, yes, it does make a differance.
:hugs:

RobertaFermina
01-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Once I release the fear of being seen as wierd...which seldom comes as my makeup and clothing selection improves...what is left is a change in my being I describe as more confidence, self-esteem, emotional openness and 'knowingness.' The boundaries between me and persons/places/things is thinner, more permeable.

I'm guessing that, as a man, I am more controlling and repressive of my emotional being, and as a woman the anxiety and anger is released - the whole world changes. Feeling and being different - everything sure looks different.

BTW, I never imagine how clothes look on anyone else, unless it will fit my granddaughter. Selfish, or self-absorbed, I guess.

Enfemme, going into a bar where I don't know if I will connect with anyone, I feel vulnerable. As a guy I feel bored. Walking past the women's section as a guy I feel wierd/ashamed of being there and pushed toward the men's sections; as a woman I am in my place and available to dance....actually the whole damn store is my place !

Lori SC
01-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Dressing changes your attitude. Not only does it change the way you see things, It changes everything about you - how you feel, how you percieve things, how you react, how you react to people. And you are probably happier too.

My wife says I even drive differently when I am dressed!

Hugs, Lori:2c:

Kelsy
01-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Kerrianna,

there is no dobt that the world is a much sweeter place when dressed to any degree! I was feeling a bit down tonight and really didn't feel like gettin all dressed up, well I just decided to slip into my brown swede 3' heel pumps took up my soft leather purse and took a stroll had a cigarette and things quickly began to feel ok again!! go figure:D

I like the subtle light make up and accessory look:thumbsup:

kerrianna
01-02-2007, 10:39 PM
These are great replies girls! Keep them coming.
Jennifer: I bet you help make the world sweeter too.
Lori: you mean you drive BETTER, right? :heehee: And don't get lost as much. :rolleyes:
Roberta: I love the way you phrase things. So poetic. :daydreaming:
Marie: that's how I was feeling tonight. I didn't mention the bra, being a lady :heehee: ...oh wait a minute...I DID mention the p*nties...not very ladylike :cute:
rocval: I hope you get a chance to 'tint' your life more often. I think it makes us better people.

:love:

Ronda_B
01-03-2007, 01:11 AM
I realize that while I'm wearing female undergarment under my drab clothing I relate to other females on a sister type level. When I all in Drab I'm more of a A**Hole and don't relate well with others. So now what my co-works don't know is, it's female undergarments all the time. It gives me a better out look on the world.:2c:

linnea
01-03-2007, 01:17 AM
When I'm dressed en femme, I definitely see things with a different attitude. It's not necessarily a better attitude or perspective, but it is different. It is typically more accepting, more gentle, more passive, more feelings-related. It's a set of qualities that I really feel comfortable with and enjoy too.

rickie121x
01-03-2007, 02:02 AM
I don't understand how it is that these days, drivers in other cars don't seem to notice me like they used to.... And that was not a good thing! Generally it was teen agers who pointed and jeered.... :p

These days, it would appear that my outlook is a great deal different as that situation has not happened in a couple of years. I would believe that my attitude and movements have made the prime difference. So as I see the world with more confidence - I am simply accepted, and to a much greater degree.

I understand that the femme clothing under the suit makes it all seem like a brighter world, and that fully dressed with heels makes the "place" mostly mine. (Together with the other "females".) But I remember one day when I went, dressed, to look at wigs - and dawdled window shopping - the feeling was so great. There is something so special about feeling female - there is a superiority, a breadth of awareness and a subtlety of feeling that I normally don't have....

However, I really don't go out much to experience "these feelings" - I am so afraid of being spotted! I carry a lot of baggage on that subject!

Rickie :doll:

anda_mouse
01-03-2007, 02:10 AM
when i first started wearing womens jeans out in public i did walk witth a greater confidence. i actually noticed that i got alot more GG's hitting on me! why i have no idea...

kerrianna
01-03-2007, 03:39 AM
when i first started wearing womens jeans out in public i did walk witth a greater confidence. i actually noticed that i got alot more GG's hitting on me! why i have no idea...

sshhhhh! Don't tell the drab guys!

Lovely articulate and emotional responses everyone - TY :love:

FTMs or GGs please give your input too. I'm curious as to how stepping outside your regular zone affects your viewpoint of the world.

Kate Simmons
01-03-2007, 04:06 AM
I think your senses are heightened. You are out there intermingling and sometimes wondering just how you may be perceived. After the initial nervousness, you begin to realize that it's no big deal really. The first time I went out on an extended outing, I had made up my mind I would try to act natural. I ended up interfacing with several people and was none the worse for wear. That's why I tend to be laid back really. I've found that if you are acting "normal" nobody bats an eyelash. If, however, you seem to be skuling or acting "sneaky" then people start looking like"What the Hell?"Most people are courteous and polite with strangers unless you give them a reason not to be. You have to realize that not every woman "walks" or "talks" like a woman anyway and most people know this. I was pleasantly surprised that first time 6 years ago and what I've realized is if I just act like myself, things are ususlly just fine.:happy: Ericka

Amy Hepker
01-03-2007, 05:11 AM
Dough! You silly little girl, Oh course it does. I know I feel the same way, when out and about with Items on under my male things. I really wish I could go out enfemme and look and try these things on, it would be wonderful. Even when we just feel more accepted we tend to eye things more than what we would if we were trying to keep our huge secret. Oh ya if this is a secert, it would be huge. People just don't understand how much of a part of our life it really is. It is a totally different world out there when dressed enfemme. Kerrianna, I think your Wife is wonderful for letting you do that, that alone probably made you feel more accepted.

Once Again Kerrianna, Tell your Wife our Prayers are with her. I think and Pray for you both all the time. You both can pull through this and I know that if enough people pray for your Wife things can and will turnaround. They are called Miricles, they do happen and we will Pray for them to happen to both of you. You are both very special people in this world, and we will help you through this.

Please everyone Kerriannas Wife is going through some medical problems at this time and needs all our prayers. Please Pray for Kerriannas Wife to have a speedy recovery and for God to take the cancer out of her body.

Marla S
01-03-2007, 07:01 AM
What struck me was how differently I viewed the world when I went out. I window shopped more naturally at the ladies wear - normally it would be carefully, almost furtive - and the stuff I looked at I imagined ME wearing, not my SO or GG's. Anything that I saw as feminine I was attracted to.
The strange thing is, that I think this is the most natural and respectful way to look at the things. Who would look at or buy something he/she is not personally interested in.
Actually it becomes weird if the main interest is to make someone else to fulfill the own desires. I always get the feeling that women are made a hallstand if a man buys or designs clothes or lingerie for them. That's really weird and in a way disrespecting to me.

Does dressing change the way you see the world?
Definitively. That's the blessing of the curse of thinking about CDing too much.

boygirl
01-03-2007, 08:14 AM
I believe, it does help us see how the femmine half of society. Lives, and can sometimes, get treated as well.
But yes, we learn what the ladies have to go through, when they shave, or do other things, to make themselves look adorable to us

Diana West
01-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Definitely! I enjoy the shift in perspective.

suzy
01-03-2007, 09:12 AM
I see the world in a completely different perspective. I find myself viewing it from the eyes of a woman....and it is an exciting change. My attitude changes...I tend to be more carefree, unhurried, and forgiving. My wife enjoys that side of me better. I take time to see the pretty things in life, look at pretty pictures, smell the flowers, feel the fabric and dream more feminine. I love the difference!:love:

Robin Leigh
01-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Nah, it's just an optical illusion.

:D Just kidding.

I'm amazed. We have 100% unanimous agreement. So far.

Dressing up does change the way I feel about the world and my place in it & how I relate to other people. Even being under-dressed does it a little bit.

Robin

Amanda Jane
01-03-2007, 10:12 AM
I find that it does not change me / it changes how some others view and interact me - though not much anymore / it makes people watch, look, listen more closely then they might otherwise / i don't think the world changes / you are just paying attention to it / that is all

Kimberly
01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
My dressing doesn't actively change the way I look at the world... but I would say being TG has made me look at the world and society in a way I would not do if I were "normal". xx

Shelly Preston
01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Dressing must have an effect on how we see the world

Percieved or not what you do changes how you think

susie evans
01-03-2007, 06:26 PM
nope not at all it used to but the last couple of years i have learned that the smile as a women and the better attitude make all the diffrence in the world and try to take it with me every where i go :hugs:

love susie

Kristen Kelly
01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
I believe, it does help us see how the femmine half of society. Lives, and can sometimes, get treated as well.
But yes, we learn what the ladies have to go through, when they shave, or do other things, to make themselves look adorable to us

I agree, another thing I think it will make me be a little more understanding as a husband, womens clothes are not cheap, and I wouldn't want to be seen out often in the same outfit, so when she says she needs to go shopping for a new outfit I might as well go along shopping too, a girl can't have enought clothes.

Christina Nicole
01-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Yes, but it's not the clothes and makeup. When I am out, people see someone else. Usually a woman, even when I'm read. They treat me as if I were a real woman whether or not I'm read. That changes the way I see things since now I'm being accepted for who I wish to be seen as being.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Rachel Morley
01-03-2007, 09:25 PM
I guess it maybe does....sort of. That's to say wearing something feminine might let you "give yourself permission" to feel and act a certain way...a way that perhaps you wouldn't act like when in male mode.

Me?....I'm the same in both modes, just more of the same in girl mode :D