PDA

View Full Version : I talked to someone today while dressed.

amanda barber
01-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I've said hi and a few words when absolutely nessesary, but this time I talked first. I've only been out dressed a few times and tonight in the store there was someone standing infront of what I needed. Normally I'd wait, or come back to the aisle later but tonight I said "excuse me" and he moved. I never really made eye contact and only looked at what I was grabbing. It only took a second, but I was nervous beyond belief.

I know its a only a small step, but wearing a skirt is scary. :eek:

carla smith
01-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Yes it can be!

Well done Amanda! You did it and he moved at your command! See what power we have? Use it wisely!

Did your pulse rate peak at maximum? Oh, what fun!

Good for you! :hugs:

Have fun out there!

judyw9
01-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Cool, congrats, what a rush.

DAVIDA
01-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Way to go Amanda!
I know how hard it is too!

RobertaFermina
01-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Bravo Amanda !:cheer:

Every courageous act changes the world. Now, in your enfemme world, you have a voice in matters !

crossing-the-rain
01-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Well done and good for you.
Rain.

Glenda58
01-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Good going that first time is the hardest. That's all I did then one day at Payless a young girl ask me about the boots I had on because she was thinking about buy the same ones. We end up talking about 10 minutes. Made me feel good.

Adrienne Heels
01-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Good for you! Next, you'll be chatting with the SAs!

danam
01-03-2007, 12:37 AM
I know its a only a small step, but wearing a skirt is scary. :eek:

Wearing a skirt is scary? Can you elaborate on that?

I ask that because I agree with you, but it is such a complex set of emotions...that scary feeling wearing a skirt in public. How do you describe it?

silkybillie
01-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Good job hon!

Love
Silkybillie

StacyCD
01-04-2007, 06:06 PM
It's certainly scary if you are worried about be 'read'. I've adjusted my attitude and clearly if I say something or get too close to someone the secret is out. So, I no longer worry about being 'read' and just do what I want to do and enjoy myself. It took a long time to get to this point and the girls on this list were a big help in getting me over trying to be 'perfect' and 'pass'. Now I just have fun! It's a lot less scary when you're having fun!

kaitlin
01-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Sounds like you did great, I have learned no matter what it is you are doing, the first time is always the hardest. Enjoy your new found freedom!!! Kaitlin

hotbobbie
01-04-2007, 06:27 PM
The first step is always the hardest but the next thing you know is you are running. Good Girl.

Kristen Kelly
01-04-2007, 06:42 PM
You go girl. Firsts are always the hardest, first time out the door, first time in public, first words uttered, first rays of daylight and first time using the ladies restroom. See the pattern here everything has a first and as we become confortable we create new firsts until we feel we have as much rights to be out there as anyone else, unafraid of who we are and "Proud" to show it.

Rikkicn
01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Those small steps are SO important. Keep on trying things! Next time ask a quick question or try the women's rest room.
Trying wearing different clothes and jewelry see how people respond to you and just as importantly how you feel about yourself. It a great way to learn and grow into an accomplished cross dresser who is comfortable and at ease when out in the public.
Keep going out and getting comfortable being your true self. It takes time, patience to get used to the you that was been hidden all these years.

amanda barber
01-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Wearing a skirt is scary? Can you elaborate on that?

I ask that because I agree with you, but it is such a complex set of emotions...that scary feeling wearing a skirt in public. How do you describe it?

I have no ideas how do describe it really. Maybe its a fear of being read. I know I have been read, but no real bad experiences yet. I Haven't been out much and only alone 2-3 times. I guess I'm still hiding even when dressed. I'm glad I have long hair because sometimes its nice to hide behind. If its down all it takes is a quick head movement and 1/2 my face is hidden.

It took years just to get out the door, and a long time after that to get to the point of going where people are. :hiding:

Sierra Evon
01-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Congratz, and if I may quote the late " Alic Guiness" he played Obywan Kanobi , in the original Star wars , Hey says to Luke as they are riding on Han-solo's ship, " You've taken your first step into a larger world " , may the force be with you........:thumbsup:

Angie G
01-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Amanda good for you:hugs:
Angie

marie354
01-04-2007, 09:41 PM
You go girl! I've only steped out once and it was late a night... A short walk around the block.
Great!

Rachel Morley
01-04-2007, 09:51 PM
"Wearing a skirt is scary"? ..... I know that seems like funny thing to say but I totally know where you are coming from, especially if a person is new to going out in public en femme :happy:

Speaking is always a challenge even if we only say "excuse me". I think you did fabulous. I'm in the beginning stages of starting to speak out loud while en femme in public so hearing about your success makes me feel like I can do it more too. :happy: