PDA

View Full Version : Personality

Kate Simmons
01-03-2007, 11:03 AM
A little over a year ago, I decided I'd gone about as far as I could with respect to my appearance and passing, so decided it was time to take things to the next "level" and begin to develop my personality as Ericka. As a result, I've become more outgoing, friendlier and have developed more of an interest in people in general. I find myself smiling a lot more and my overall outlook of life has improved a lot. It seems to have made me a better and more tolerable person overall. In short, being in touch with my femme self has done wonders for me. I was wondering how many others have gotten to this point and how do you feel about yourself as a result?:happy: Ericka

Tracy_Victoria
01-03-2007, 11:46 AM
A positive frame of mind always helps, i've always told newer TV's Crossdressers I've spoken to, that being a crossdresser is a confidence thing, certainly if you want to pass out ie you need it, to step out in public, and to walk out of the door and show the world who you are at that time. if you stride out with confidence and look smart and of feminine apperance, your get by far better than lurking from shadow to shadow, or worrying about being read but people who probably would not notice,or be bothered anyway.

Casey Morgan
01-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I guess I've been doing things in reverse. I've always been softer than many of the other guys but there was still a part that I tried not to show to anybody. I got tired of hiding in plain site from the world and actually came here more because I'm somewhere between male and female than because I crossdress. I always thought people crossdressed... well, not exactly to get in touch with their feminine side but to say this is me as well. Allowing myself to feel my feminine side, to let me be all of me, has made me want to dress more and consider being out enfemme.

I'm happier than I've been since I was 4 or 5. It feels great to be the true me and not some version of me that I consider more suitable for the general public. It's nice to not have to tell myself "no, can't do that, you're a guy", especially when I want to do something for someone else. That's what really killed me.

Lovely Rita
01-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Hopefully I am changing and becoming more outgoing as Rita but this seems to be gradual and not completely in my hands. Rita is also spilling out into my male persona, I believe, for the better. Hopefully I will develop more confidance as I go along. Progress seems to be pretty slow though. I guess as long as I am moving forward and in the right direction it is ok.

suzy
01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Great thread!

I have developed a feminine persona that has manifested itself while in fem mode, but I have also noticed that it creeps into my male persona. I have always been a "hardened" male, had a tough guy image, and it is a pleasure to let it go and become so much softer and nicer when in fem mode.

I have learned that being nicer....softer, is so much better, for me and those around me. It just feels right to be more understanding, less demanding, and more sympathetic. I am more loving, more caring and just treat others more respectfully. I find that I don't raise my voice or disagree as much and that I listen much better.

Anyway, it just seems that my feminine persona is much nicer than my male counterpart. I am becoming a more tolerant male than before. I have less confrontations at home or at work and am more willing to compromise... It's jaut a good over all experience that has made me a better (nicer) person! :love:

carla smith
01-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Ericka you are a few levels above me….”Rum wench”! But I too will be there someday! Now, quit hording the rum!

As I have written on other threads, I believe that this is the reason I was put on this path, to be respectful to all of God’s creatures. Man and Woman being the most complex. To see issues from a different perspective. To turn my perceptions upside down, inside out, anyway but how I have misperceived them in the past.

Now pass me the rum.

Have fun out there!

But fun doesn't just happen.
You have to make it a priority in your life or it'll go missing. Life's too short to not have it. David Bach

Sierra Evon
01-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, Erika taking things to the next level , more power to ya :thumbsup: , for me my female side personality had always been with me on some level , I had just always been a very femme'ish type boy/guy/man, till my divorce in 2000, after that I just basically said to hell with this whole manly thing that society wants me to be, so I then truly became myself witch is Sierra Evon , and I am a thousand times happier as such as I'm sure you too know the feeling as you being Erika too, but however its still not an easy go at times still caught up in alot of prejudgises in life , I may be passable to a point but I'm still no GG , hope this helps ya out alittle bit Erika :happy: , OH and by the way I see you have a wonderful collection of wigs , I may be in the market myself soon , anywho , TA TA :thumbsup:

susie evans
01-03-2007, 06:31 PM
ericka
i think you are right i'am not going to be a beauty queen no matter what i do so i have been concentrating on smile attitude posture walk and any other aspect that makes me feel better
love susie

Karen Johnson
01-03-2007, 08:12 PM
First let me say that the wig your wearing suits you very well. Looks nice.

After I came out to my wife and started just being myself it was like a tremendous burden was lifted from me. Someone else knew and the world didn't come to an end. I was able to, for the first time, just be my whole self and not feel ashamed of it or have to deny it. It was very good for me and definitely put me in a better frame of mind.

Tina Dixon
01-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Erica your threads are all ways great, wish I could answer your question, but I'm still in the garage as Tina and don't see any way out for a while, if ever.

Angie G
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I've alway been like that so Angie don't help much :hugs:
Angie

kerrianna
01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
A little over a year ago, I decided I'd gone about as far as I could with respect to my appearance and passing, so decided it was time to take things to the next "level" and begin to develop my personality as Ericka. As a result, I've become more outgoing, friendlier and have developed more of an interest in people in general. I find myself smiling a lot more and my overall outlook of life has improved a lot. It seems to have made me a better and more tolerable person overall. In short, being in touch with my femme self has done wonders for me. I was wondering how many others have gotten to this point and how do you feel about yourself as a result?:happy: Ericka

While my crossdressing is limited and I'm not driven to 'pass' (more curious than anything at this time), what you describe here Ericka is exactly how I feel when I do dress up a bit more than my usual under the drab thing. It's one of the things I was trying to articulate in my thread last night about viewing the world differently.

This summer I made an online connection with someone who I revealed a lot to, and who accepted and encouraged me to enjoy "Kerrianna". Not long into that I found myself feeling a very odd sensation at work. What was that thing I felt? Could it be...JOY! Happiness! :bighug:

It was a revelation and made me a better person. I too smile more, connect more with people, have more compassion and tolerance. I try to carry it with me through the drab times, but I realized last night that dressing reminds me of how wonderful and enriching the Kerrianna side of me is. It definitely has made me a better person.

Ask my SO. :hugs:

Kate Simmons
01-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Erica your threads are all ways great, wish I could answer your question, but I'm still in the garage as Tina and don't see any way out for a while, if ever.In the garage or outside you are A-Okay in my book Tina. You are one of the reasons I sign on here. I love your humor and your upbeat outlook and doubt very seriously if I'm alone in that. We love you Hon.:hugs: :happy: Ericka

kerrianna
01-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Erica your threads are all ways great, wish I could answer your question, but I'm still in the garage as Tina and don't see any way out for a while, if ever.

We should start a garage band Tina. We could play UFO cover tunes. They can't be hard to play :heehee: .

It's a BAND Ericka! From the dark ages when we all had long hair (when we HAD hair :sad: ).

marie354
01-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Ericka, you always have really great moments of wisdom. I myself am still trying to perfect my looks and voice. My voice is getting a little better than my looks, but I'm still working at it. When I was totally closeted, I wasn't so concerned about how I looked or presented myself. Now, with the inspirations from you and others, I have grown to accept myself a whole lot more and feeling more at ease.
You are a wonderful woman, and I hope that, one day, that I can inspire someone else as much as you have me.
Great thread! Don't ever change. You're fantastic, and aware of more than a lot of the people I've met in the past.
:hugs:

Kate Simmons
01-03-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm no one special Sandra. Like I've said many times before, I'm just a guy who enjoys being a girl and having fun. I find it funny that it took getting in touch with myself as Ericka to get in touch with myself as Richard. I always held in my feelings before that and never expressed myself and just suffered in silence. The best thing I ever did was decide to finally come out and meet the world because I met the real me at the same time and now have a lot to share and talk about. It's great to finally feel like a human being. Prior to joining the Forum I was more or less a loner, now I'm finding what things are really all about. I have a lot of new friends and we can share things and encourage one another. Oh, I had friends before and still do who accept me but this is different. This is why I feel 2007 is going to be a great year. By being positive individually and collectively we can show the world in even little ways that we are good decent people who really love life and embrace our humanity. By discussing things we demystify the whole process and understand ourselves at the same time. Works for me.:happy: Ericka

Bethanygirl
01-04-2007, 01:40 AM
I never thought about this, I just act like me. I asked my wife if I 'act' feminine, and she says I act more feminine than most women she knows. I guess I just 'picked it up' over the years...

I do not remember ever trying to act more feminine, so maybe it just goes with living a feminine lifestyle?

Diana West
01-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Since I've joined this forum, I've always admired your straightforwardness, honesty, and friendliness. I couldn't imagine you otherwise. It's a bit of a surprise to think you were not friendly or interested in other people at one time.

As for me, the greatest change in my personaility is a calmness. My driving is significantly less aggressive. My attitude is more peaceful. My patience has increased. (The latter is probably from putting on make-up. You can't hurry that.)

Kate Simmons
01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm learning about myself more all the time Janis. Before I really got in touch with myself, the dichotomy was somewhat extreme in the two different "camps". This was basically tearing me apart in a psychological way. The war got so intense, I almost didn't come back down once after getting so high up with my femme side. Thanks to a good understanding therapist and a lot of hard work I was finally able to balance things and am where I am today.Only by being grounded and balanced have I been able to move forward and experience the real world. I am no longer afraid to be who I really am and express my feelings. I will say it wasn't without a price. Most of my family and friends have turned their backs on me because of this. There is always a price to pay for progress, this was mine. I try to look at the positive, however, because the alternative is being a truely miserable person who feels like a "lie". I could be sullen and downhearted but choose to be positive and upbeat. That is my choice and I think I've made the right one. Having some good friends helps for sure.:happy: