PDA

View Full Version : do you use a bag?

soccervixen
01-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Started using a bag for whenever I am out - always as a man. It's a "man bag" - small clutch type black leather with a wrist strap - but I've already gotten lots of comments about it. I just tell people I am secure enough to carry a bag and not stuff my pockets with wallet, cell phone, keys, tissues (I haven't yet mentioned the mascara in there!). I love it, and I love the feeling of using a bag, plus it is much easier! Us men are dumb not to use them! When I bought this ($60 from Winn International), I also got an over the shoulder small bag which was advertised as a "make 'en guess" bag! It's cute and isn't very functional, so I won't use it very often.

Does anyone else use a bag when dressed as a man?

finacarina
01-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Have many bags for every occassion

bianncats
01-03-2007, 11:54 PM
I have one small black bag that is just big enough for makeup and my stuff i've taken out of my wallet. I enjoy carrying it, it is such a feminine feel to it.

Bianncats

Fallen Angel
01-04-2007, 01:18 AM
i have six different hand bags my self and i made sure that they had enough pockets and pouches for everything cell phone, camera, makeup, ect

trannie T
01-04-2007, 02:08 AM
When traveling I carry a camera bag or a backpack {sometimes both.} It holds two or three camera bodies, lenses and other camera equipment. I also carry lunch, beverages, sunscreen and other comfort items. Otherwise I can live with what is in my pockets.

Phyliss
01-04-2007, 03:20 AM
I've been carrying a "bag" since August. Made by Dopp and found in most any Samsonite store. Quite functional. Loads of pockets, a place for my day planner, very generous cell phone pocket, that I use for my eyeglasses case. The main pocket is big enough for: wallet, change purse, small make up case,(holding lipstick, compact, mascara) nail clipper, Gerber multi tool, toothbrush, poligrip, (yeah I'm a certified geezer) spare pens, note book digital camera, and I still have room.
Think of putting all that in your pockets, especially size 12p jeans, and we all know how shallow the front pockets are on girls jeans.

Penny
01-04-2007, 07:01 AM
I don't carry a bag when drab. I keep everything in my purse and drab takes what is necessary and considering what all I have in my purse, that's not enough to put loles in my pockets. lol

:hugs:

Penny

Tara Michele
01-04-2007, 08:33 AM
... and sometimes it drives my wife crazy. I have and use a variety of "man bags" for day-to-day activities, though in reality many of them are purses. On occasion people call it a purse, and so do I sometimes. Hey, men carried purses for centuries -- when did we decide to surrender that right? I hate having pockets full of stuff.

My latest is a black soft "Polo Sport" purse from my sister-in-law that I have always coveted. She replaced it on her last visit to NYC and when she said she was gettig rid of her old one I shouted "dibs on the purse"! :heehee: When we last visited her I was carrying that purse everywhere. She chuckled about it, but was glad that I really liked it.

NYC is a dangerous place for a "bag/purse junkie" ... there are sidewalk vendors everywhere hawking them. :D

Lisa Golightly
01-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Hmmm... don't really do the drab thing, but I've always used bags... I tend to match them to shoes but I have a general M&S handbag that holds all my daily clutter :)

melissaK
01-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I used a man's purse for more years of my life than not. European men seem to use them more and for years the best ones I had were from there. Porsche stores sold some very nice ones - January clearance sales were a blessing. I used to draw the odd "guy with a purse" comment.

When Daytimer organizer wallets got popular a decade back no one cared anymore and availability improved too.

The last two years I have gone the minimalist route - a credit card sized wallet that holds a few slivers of plastic, ID, and a few bills. It was sold as an accessory to a womens purse. It is cool, and plenty impractical. It's also showing its age, it really ought to be replaced, - - - I might have to GO PURSE SHOPPING!!! Thanks SoccerVixen :happy:

bgirl
01-04-2007, 05:10 PM
I have Havorsacks, Sachels, Book bags, All man things. I am thinking about a shoulder bag marketed as a Back Healthy Bag by Ameribag. It was initially marketed as unisex apperal. Now it is offered only for women. So the woman side of me will just have to share.

JoAnnDallas
01-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Wife and were in Kholes one day and I happen to stop and was looking at some ladies billfolds that just happen to also be an orginizer. It has places to store you money, credit cards, checkbook, pencil/pen, along with the orginizer pages. I could not decide on a red one or blue one, so I asked a GG customer that was also looking at them, which one she liked. She looked at me for a second and then said "The Red one suits you better". So I bought the Red one and carry it with me while I am at work. Funny thing is no notices it is a ladies billfold.