PDA

View Full Version : Not really Sure how to word this.

Rebecca_Annette
01-04-2007, 03:37 AM
I am sitting in my room, in front of my computer, alone in my house dressed in a way that makes me feel comfortable, more than comfortable, but in a way that some people outside the confines of my home would find extremely offensive.

And yet I am not alone. I am sitting, reading random threads here, and I feel that I amongst friends, not just acquaintances, but life long friends.

I feel happy and content.

Is that crazy or what?

Rebecca

Kate Simmons
01-04-2007, 03:39 AM
If you are then I'm crazy too Rebecca because that is how I feel also.:happy: Ericka

Iniquity Blonde GG
01-04-2007, 04:52 AM
not crazy @ all :hugs: even though most us dont really personaly know each other, it still feels like we are all friends/family, and knowing that someone is there a "click" away does make a hell of a differance .
more so because they wont tell you the famous words : " pull yourself together " :Angry3: easy to say when they dont understand !!

Tracy_Victoria
01-04-2007, 05:00 AM
Unfortunately Crossdressing can be a lonely pastime, however people views are changing though slowly. Many years ago most of us would have been sat in a room alone or ventured out with out being able to tell almost anyone that we had been out in public, now due to the internet not only can we tell other TV's/CD's what we have been up to, but others are becoming more aware of: 1) how common transvistism is! 2) how many of us there are! 3) how many of us pass through there daily lives with out them even knowing.

The internet has been a good thing for the premotion of crossdressing, it just sad that the gutter press, and news items tend to focus on the bad side of our hobby, ie the crossdressing bank robbers, or transvestite prostitutes (which is no different from a RG, doing this in reality), if it belittling us, you can bet it will get published somewhere, and sadly brand us all the same, which is clearly not the case!

It's still a shame that in todays world the press dictates what is acceptable, when in reality nobody really cares anyway. and sadly we should all be able to do, what we want to do, so long as it does not harm others or break the law)

Still as I said things are changing for the better,

Lanore
01-04-2007, 05:01 AM
Same here. I'm sitting in front of my PC this morning, I love mornings, feeling not a bit awkward at how I look. I wake up like this every morning, feeling very femmale. Seems I always have. To me, it's a great way to start the day, feeling good about myself.

Lanore

Kristen Kelly
01-04-2007, 05:10 AM
I feel the same way as you, this forum actually replaced my shrink for I can relate to you better. I don't think if I had not found this place I would not be where I am, out, happy, and free of guilt.

Sandra
01-04-2007, 05:29 AM
Not crazy at all

Friends and family here to keep me sane. :)

Dragster
01-04-2007, 05:49 AM
No Rebecca, you're not crazy. If you were, "We're all crazy now" to quote Slade! If my wife was supportive, I'd be doing the same myself, but since she isn't, I'll just have to dream about it. Or, since she's out for an hour or so, I've put my 5" stiletto heeled sandals on for a bit of walking practice, and I feel great, and excited!!! You're lucky that you have the freedom to do what you want to do; good luck to you!

Tony

Penny
01-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Well, your not out lunck. Your home relating to those who understand how you feel and think. Those people outside can't do that. Sure, like any group of people, we have difference but we also have one thing in common and
that is the wonderful thing about this forum. WE CARE!!!!!!!!

:hugs:

Penny

Peggy55
01-04-2007, 06:33 AM
You're not crazy at all! This is the best place to get insite about what is for some of us a very lonely albiet pleasureable experience. I like coming in here, reading what the other girls have to say and, of course, putting in my 3 cents!

A funny thing though as I speak of "us girls" is that every once in awhile I think to myself and realize genetically most of us are men!

Peggy

Bobbie Jo
01-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Hi Rebecca,
You know since i've found this web site and got the nerve to sign up,i have felt the very same way.I just hope that everyone else is excepting me the way that i except them.I really do because it makes me feel so good.

DAVIDA
01-04-2007, 07:24 AM
This forum is the reason that I have been able to feel better about myself. If it were not for the people on this forum, I would never had the courage to go to Atlanta in early December. Jean, my wife, and I met several girls and I had three wonderful days totaly en fem!
The people here are family! I find a need for this family.And I hope that we will all be so for a long time!
Love,DAVIDA:hugs:

Cyndie
01-04-2007, 08:22 AM
All very true. I have found this forum to be very supportive. For the most part, when someone does not agree with you, they express there differences with out condeming you for the way you feel. That is a part of real support, giving you additional views on something and allowing you to make up your own mind. Thanks girls.

TFN
Cyndie

Stephanie Stephens
01-04-2007, 08:24 AM
On this level we can be women - maybe thats why it feels soooo good.

marie354
01-04-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm sooo glad that I've found this forum too. Just not having to feel alone anymore.... It's wonderful.
:hugs:

Tara Michele
01-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Welcome to struggle that is so common to many of us Rebecca. Although I still have to deal with my "real world," just knowing that there is a kindred sisterhood in the world and being able to hear and share in each of our struggles and journeys holds me up in a wonderful way.

As I have struggled to break out into the world, I have found with each litle step an unexpected acceptance. Now true, I haven't blasted out into the streets in full drag screaming "look at me world," but recieving compliments on articles of female clothing that I was wearing is reasurring. I even got compliments on my painted toenails in sandals! Sure, there were negative responses too, but the positive ones really bouyed me up.

bianncats
01-04-2007, 09:19 AM
accepted by people for who we are...and that makes us "happy and accepted"

Chiana
01-04-2007, 11:13 AM
I am sitting in my room, in front of my computer, alone in my house dressed in a way that makes me feel comfortable, more than comfortable, but in a way that some people outside the confines of my home would find extremely offensive.

And yet I am not alone. I am sitting, reading random threads here, and I feel that I amongst friends, not just acquaintances, but life long friends.

I feel happy and content.

Is that crazy or what?

Rebecca

I hope you are not crazy..... If you are, then there is a lot of crazy people around here.

SandyR
01-04-2007, 11:20 AM
You are not alone. Nothing relaxes me more then watching a movie in my fav Skirt and top with a nice pair of hose and heels on.

Welcome to the club!

SandyR

Michelle 51
01-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Redecca You must be a mind reader.I wsa thinking how this site is almost addictive as dressing it self.If your a closet dresser your whole life like me and never talk about it to anyone because you figure your just a little off level and then you find this place and all of a sudden you can ask grown men(girls)about making run in hose because of rough hands, how to keep straps up.makeup,pantie,s, and so on and so on you feel like hey i,m not the only one who likes to wear dresses panties hose these people know how good this feels too. I also love the pics. I don't go to the lounge just pics and MTF because i spend too much time here as it is if i started going to the lounge too much they have to surgicaly cut this pc chair off my rear end. Justabit

gennee
01-04-2007, 12:01 PM
That's how I feel, too. You are among friends, Rebecca. The outside may not understand us but we know how we feel..

Gennee
:happy:

ColleenCD
01-04-2007, 12:21 PM
When we have all hidden ourselves away from an unaccepting world through the course of our lives, the depth of our souls never cease to search for the love of those who understand. Glad your here with friends.

Colleen

MsJanessa
01-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Darling it's nice that you enjoy this forum and website---I do too and I'm sure all the other T-Girls here do also. Just one word of caution though---don't ever mistake it for the real thing---there is no, repeat, no subustitute for getting dressed in your most glamorous outfit, full makeup and sexiest wig and hitting the town for an evening and no, I'm not talking about a stroll around the local mall---I'm talking about going to a TG friendly bar (or two) and reallly kicking back and enjoying yourself---nothing like it.

dazzed
01-04-2007, 01:03 PM
I have allways been crazy it helps me from going insane.The best friend you have in this world shoud be yourself.Were not here long enough so injoy the time you have left..Better to injoy it alone than not injoy it at all....Just my opinion,I coud be wrong,,,crazy you know.

Deanna2
01-04-2007, 01:16 PM
They say that the difference between being crazy and being eccentric is a case of how much money you have.

Wearing clothes does not make one crazy just because they happen to be of a certain style. Life is too short to be hasselled.

So, enjoy!

bgirl
01-04-2007, 04:51 PM
On this level we can be women - maybe thats why it feels soooo good.

What she said! I almost always picture a woman when I respond to a thread. When I sit down and visit this site, its the woman in me that see's the woman in you.

b_hewish
01-04-2007, 05:13 PM
your not crazy... you comfortable the way you supposed to be...

Amy07
01-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Remember the cliche "been there, done that, bought the t-shirt"?

Amy is there, doing that, bought the dress and the matching shoes.:thumbsup:

JoAnnDallas
01-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I for one can relate in the fact that if the internet had not come along, I would not be where I am today in my CDing. I would still be way way back in the back of the closet. Since I found this site and a couple of others, I have forged some very good friendships with some other sisters. from thier incouragement and other postings I have read, I finially broke the barrier and and went out not in the evening but in the daylight. I also found the local Tri-Ess chapter and discovered that they were hosting HEF2006 last year. I went. It was my real public debue, as I had to be in the public eye, enteracting with Hotel stall and guest. I also meet a whole lot of sisters from all over Texas and the nation. I now have an invitation to join the local Tri-Ess Chapter, which I am planning to attend my first meeting in Feb.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-04-2007, 05:48 PM
This forum has also helped me tremendously in becoming more confident and not viewing my CDing as something that is insane. Jocelyn

Jodi Lynn
01-04-2007, 05:58 PM
I for one can relate in the fact that if the internet had not come along, I would not be where I am today in my CDing. I would still be way way back in the back of the closet. Since I found this site and a couple of others, I have forged some very good friendships with some other sisters. from thier incouragement and other postings I have read, I finially broke the barrier and and went out not in the evening but in the daylight. I also found the local Tri-Ess chapter and discovered that they were hosting HEF2006 last year. I went. It was my real public debue, as I had to be in the public eye, enteracting with Hotel stall and guest. I also meet a whole lot of sisters from all over Texas and the nation. I now have an invitation to join the local Tri-Ess Chapter, which I am planning to attend my first meeting in Feb.

I really have to agree with JoAnn. If it weren't for the internet I kinow that I wouldn't have come as far as I have. In the past 5 or 6 I have made some very supportive freinds. I am still freinds with most of them. One of the first girls I met was a girl that was willing to take the time to talk with me in a chat room and help me with a makeup problem I was having (putting on eyeliner, still not real great at it, giggles) we are still freinds and we chat often. With the incouragement of others I got breave enough to explore my own inner self, got a wig, started shopping for myself, and yes even made it out in public. So without my many dear freinds I have to say Thjank You all for everything everyone has done for me. As for this room, the girls here are the most careing girls I know, weather it is a crossdressing problem or a family problem, or me just being a bitch about something someone has allways been here for me.

Amanda Jane
01-04-2007, 11:10 PM
this is nice / it is not life / find real people