PDA

View Full Version : Have you bought SO/GF/Wife your size?

marie354
01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
When I was dating my current SO back in 2001, I wanted to get her something nice for Christmas that first year. It was just a nightie, size M, and she's an xL or XXL.
I played it off by saying I must have got the tags mixed up and it was meant for her daughter who is my size.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Tamara Croft
01-04-2007, 09:23 AM
If you did that on purpose, that's really mean. Buying someone something special for Christmas and then getting it in your own size?? why?? why would you do that?? How could it be special, when you were really thinking about youself?? Sorry, but I just think that is selfish :mad:

Cyndie
01-04-2007, 09:26 AM
During the past few years I have managed to lose a few pounds and inches while my wife has added a few. We can now wear the same size in a lot of clothing, especially jeans, size 10 or 12 petite. The same with some skirts and dresses. It is kind of fun shopping together for her and wondering if it will fit me. Sooner or later I mamage to give the new things a try:heehee:

TTFN
Cyndie

bianncats
01-04-2007, 09:27 AM
Why would you buy something for someone else in the wrong size on purpose? Wouldn't you WANT the other person to enjoy it as soon as they got it and be able to use it immediately. If you wanted the item i would have bought two.:2c:

marie354
01-04-2007, 09:29 AM
No I didn't do it on purpose. I'm not sure why. Most of the women I've know throughout my life were average sized so I guess it was force of habit. I've never made that mistake again. In fact, I took her out and let her pickout what she wanted the next day and followed that with a nice dinner at a really good restaurant.
:hugs:

Tamara Croft
01-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Hmm..... well I hope you really did ;)

bianncats
01-04-2007, 09:32 AM
cool, i thought you meant for selfish reasons.

my apologies:o

lynn27
01-04-2007, 09:38 AM
If you did that on purpose, that's really mean. Buying someone something special for Christmas and then getting it in your own size?? why?? why would you do that?? How could it be special, when you were really thinking about youself?? Sorry, but I just think that is selfish :mad:

Tamara, i think you are being a little hard on marie. don't think anyone would buy the wrong size on purpose. i don't think her post even said it was on purpose.

i know my wife seldom gets me the right size on anything. and she is under strict orders not to buy tools anymore.

Lynn

marie354
01-04-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm still here to listen.
I didn't mean to offend anyone else with this post either. It was an accidental thing that I hadn't even realized I had done until that day. I was sooo imbarrased, and told her so immediately. But I did make it up to her and she told me to get gift cards from now on and that would solve this kind of problem.
I do send her daughters and sons gift cards now..... And choose what I give to her with the utmost care.... And always, always shower her with chocolates, and not always for a special occasion.
Her favorites are the little Dove dark chocolate squares and Cello cherries. You can always find these here at home almost any time of the year.
:love: :hugs: