PDA

View Full Version : Why 18

jenny_cheerleader
01-23-2005, 05:12 PM
This is in responce to the rule about having to be 18

I have been crossdressing since i was about 12 and when i was about 15, i would have loved to have a sanctuary like this, so why is it that just because people that are younger cannot enjoy this as well

Sweet Susan
01-23-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't know the answer but I can imagine that it has something to do with child molestation, etc. We have to think outside of the box.

Megan_Renee
01-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately, I've noticed that if someone can sue, they will.

Imagine this... You're 15 years old and visiting this website where everyone knows you're a crossdresser, and encourages you. Your mom finds out about your CD life and starts looking into it. She sees this crossdressers website and logs in... only to find out that everyone is supporting her son's "perversion"

How many think that dear old mom would blame the CD'ing on the website and sue the owners?

It is asinine and stupid, but it's a possibility, albiet remote... The lawsuit would be wrongly placed, but I garuntee almost any jury would side with the mother.

Megan

Julie York
01-23-2005, 05:28 PM
How can I put this?

If anyone is really under 18 and a CD and they declare the fact on a public forum they will be the target for every known perve on the planet.

That's a bit crude but well meant for any lurkers, curious and lost and lonelies out there who might make themselves even more unhappy by being a little unworldly. The internet is not always a nice place.

You have to be 18 to use this forum.

Celeste GG
01-23-2005, 07:30 PM
If you have to ask why... then you're too young!

What you do at home by yourself is up to you. Find balance in your life.

Bonnie-OR
01-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Laws about "Contributing to the Delinquency of Minors" No one here wants to get nailed on that charge. Good luck, Bonnie

StephanieCD
01-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Fear. Period.

jenny_cheerleader
01-23-2005, 10:10 PM
ok, i see your points, i guess i just wish that i would have had something lke this when i was 12

Danny
01-27-2005, 09:53 AM
I certainly agree that 18 is an appropriate minimum age. But young crossdressers used to have a chat room available to them on MSN.

Among the scores of chat rooms that used to be on free MSN, there were many that had 13+ minimum age and a "PG13" rule. The PG13 standard was rigidly enforced by the moderators (people getting booted constantly for even mild profanity, a slightly off-color comment or an "adult" personal profile.) The crossdresser room was one of the age 13+ rooms. Occasionally someone would show up with a profile showing age 15 or 16. He would generally be ridiculed, and otherwise ignored.

The potential legal liability involving minors is obvious. And I guess that adult sites are legally protected as long as they post the age rule and then boot anyone that appears suspiciously juvenile. But no underage kid would claim to be anything other than 18+, and there does not seem to be any actual way for a free site to verify.

racheal
01-27-2005, 12:51 PM
That's all correct- it's the 'legal aspect' that have to be covered so that the website owner does not come up against any legal issues that could arrise from under 18 jieveniles. We have seen a bit happen with illegal access over the last couple of days. Don't want anything to go wrong with this site myself - it's my resource as it's all of yours as well. :)

Wendy me
01-27-2005, 02:04 PM
This is in responce to the rule about having to be 18

I have been crossdressing since i was about 12 and when i was about 15, i would have loved to have a sanctuary like this, so why is it that just because people that are younger cannot enjoy this as well

keeps every one out of jail................................... ;)