PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find something to help cover up tatoos

SandyR
01-04-2007, 10:56 PM
I have 2 Tats on my lower leg, and its not that I don't like them (in fact I plan to add one more to finish the work), but in public it's like a dead give away if someone you know spots you.

Thanks.

Sandy

dods460
01-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I saw a thing on TV that showed covering them up with stage make up, it actually doesnt "cover" them, it does hide them quite well though. I don't have to cover mine because I wear long sleeves en femm.
good luck

AmandaM
01-04-2007, 11:46 PM
you could have them lasered off. Sometimes, they have a sliding scale or do it for free for ex-druggies, ex-gang members, etc.

Glamourgirl GG
01-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Jane Iredale's "Disappear." It was specifically made for makeup artists to be able to cover up tatoo's on their models for photo shoots. I don't have tatoo's, but I do have Disappear in "light" to cover the redness of pregnancy acne and it works.

Bethanygirl
01-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Opaque stockings or tights, pick the right colors and they still make your legs look good while covering...

Tracy_Victoria
01-05-2007, 04:26 AM
colortration

I don't have tatoos, but this stuff is very good I now use it most times.

http://www.colortration.com

also wearing Light coloured tights, (hoses) then cover with darker ones can hide hairy legs, so I presume it would work for tatoos as well, you might need 3 pairs, but it would hide them (and shape your body as well) which is a bonus of using this method

JulieCDorlando
01-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Hello,
I also have a tattoo on my upper right arm which is qute distinguishable. Would dermablend help cover the tattoo as well as the "disapear" product?

DanaJ
01-05-2007, 07:54 AM
I was coming in here to say Colortration (http://www.colortration.com), but Tracy beat me to it! Check it out, it does work really well.....

LindaTS
01-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Both Tracy and Dana beat me to the punch. Colortration works great, the trick is to find the right shade. They offer a 5 color (your choice of colors) sample for $14 and it's worth the price. My mistake was trying shades that were too dark so maybe you will want to lighten it up a bit. Good luck.

marie354
01-05-2007, 11:59 AM
I have a tat on each arm and I fount that L'oreal True Match super blendable liquid works great. There is a color selector card so you can match your skin tone exactly. I put it on a little thick, let it dry a bit, then blend the edges. If you look closely at my pics below, you can see part of the tats in a couple of them before I started using this. It doesn't rub off once it's set either. I got the matching compact and loose powder too along with it. It is expensive, but we're worth it!
:hugs:
Well it's just the one in the middle where I have bare arms that you can barely make them out, but i used it in the one on the right.

Wendy me
01-05-2007, 06:08 PM
tatoo cover....http://www.glamourboutiquecart.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=36

emmauk
01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I know it sounds crazy but try a little toothpaste on them before you put the cover up on it works really well.

Em x

SandyR
01-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks all. Think I will give a few a try, love the toothpaste.

Sandy