PDA

View Full Version : Talked to my boyfriend

bi_weird
01-04-2007, 11:14 PM
So I had The Talk with my boyfriend tonight. It went really well. He doesn't understand 'cause he's just too far from it to understand, but he's cool with it. Whatever It may be....I'm trying to figure out why I'm so hesitant to put a label on it. But yes, he asked a few intelligent questions, and we talked, and he's cool with it.
I'm actually a little lost. I feel like he doesn't get it. I feel like you don't get told your girlfriend who you're very much in love with sometime wishes she was a man without a little bit of a problem (sorry about the sentence structure). So yes, I'm very very excited to be open with him, but a little worried that maybe he just glossed over it mentally because he doesn't want there to be problems.

Robin Leigh
01-04-2007, 11:52 PM
I hope you guys don't mind me posting over here.

Congratulations, bi_weird! Telling your SO is so liberating. That must've taken a lot of courage. What a dude!

It does feel rather weird when you tell your SO & they don't freak out. Although I guess guys are less likely to get emotional than GGs. Still, I bet there's lots going on in him beneath the surface. Give him time to digest what you've told him. I'm sure he'll have some good questions, eventually. :)

I'm not toally ignorant about matters FTM. I once had a gf that had a rather boyish figure. She discovered by accident that she could pass as a boy without too much problem. She spent several months travelling around India by herself as a guy. She thought it was safer than being seen as a GG.

When she told me all about this, I thought it was rather cool, being TG/CD myself. But I don't think I'd have been so happy if she told me she wanted to live with me as a man full-time, since I'm attracted to femininity.

I assume your boyfriend finds your bi nature attractive. If your boyfriend is bi, too, he is most probably primarily attracted to you as a person, with the geometrical details of your anatomy very much a secondary consideration.

Best wishes,

:hugs:

Robin

CaptLex
01-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Congratulations on taking that big step, Bi. That was brave. I agree with Robin that he probably needs a little time to let that set in before he's ready to talk about it some more. He may have more questions once it sinks in a little more. Meanwhile, it's great that he didn't freak out and seems okay with it. It's very encouraging. Good for you. :hugs:

Lex
01-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Maybe you should talk to him some more, and ask him what he's feeling about it. Tell him why his reaction has worried you. Just sit down and talk some more and it should be A.O.K. :)
Also, it's awesome that he didn't freak out about it.

Kimberley
01-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Hi Bi,
I think he needs some time to absorb this. Like most bio boys, he thinks with rationality and logic so it takes a bit of time to analyze this. If he doesnt come back with a lot of questions and concerns, maybe he doesnt understand the implications of all of this.

As genetic males, sometimes it takes a 2 by 4 up the side of the head to get our attention. :eek: What ever you do, dont accept his "being cool with it" as understanding. It is likely just the opposite. Whatever you do, dont give up on this either.

Kimberley

Raychel
01-06-2007, 08:57 AM
There is no way to really know what he is thinking, unless you talk to him more. It may very well be that he already had suspicions, and that you just confirmed them. But whatever the case he must love you for who you are, or else he would have used this as an out for the relationship. So just enjoy being with each other and be yourself.
:hugs: :hugs:

The other thaing that you must remember is what Kimberley said:

As genetic males, sometimes it takes a 2 by 4 up the side of the head to get our attention.
Don't beat yourself up trying to figure out what he is thinking. Maybe he totally missed what you were saying. (I hope the football game wasn't on)

Talk to him and be friends.

Amanda Jane
01-06-2007, 10:13 PM
as a bio boi i know that 'i'm cool with it' really means 'i'm looking for the first train out of here'

Kieron Andrew
01-06-2007, 10:16 PM
as a bio boi i know that 'i'm cool with it' really means 'i'm looking for the first train out of here'
not necessarily! dont tar everyone with the same brush

CaptLex
01-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Wow . . . that's encouraging . . . :rolleyes:

pocoyo
01-07-2007, 07:23 AM

No it doesn't. What Kieron and Cap said ^.
Even if it does look like that to you, there's ways of saying things/giving advice.Are you sure you're a "bio boi"? Cos from here it looks like ME-OW, saucer of milk for the b-..er, lady, at table 2.

Handbags at dawn anyone?

:phbbt:

Robin Leigh
01-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Wow . . . that's encouraging . . . :rolleyes:
Just the sort of support a guy needs... :rolleyes:

But I don't expect nurture from a person with a signature that translates as (roughly) "In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags".

I'm tempted to say to Amanda Jane: "Te futueo et caballum tuum!". :devil: But I won't, because that's not very lady-like. :heehee:

See http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/latin.htm (Warning: rude pics on this page:().

We're all waiting to hear the latest news, bi_. I hope it's all proceeding smoothly.

Robin