PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for shoes with my family

Roberta-Jane
01-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Went shopping for some shoes with my family today. My wife was looking for some winter boots and trainers.

She likes me to help her so when she had found some trainers she liked I went to find a sales person to find the other shoe. These were female red Nike Air Glides. When the young female sales assitant came back with the other trainer she asked me if I would like to try them on.

I was internally flattered that she would think they were for me and was so upfront about assisting with a fitting. However I just smiled and said they were for my wife and went back to my family with a warm glow inside.

I will probably go back alone to this store to shop for some shoes for Roberta-Jane and ask for the other shoe!!!.

This is the first time I have had this experience and it felt soooo nice. It will give me confidence when I next want a pair of heels etc.

Have a great day tomorrow

Peace and tranquility

Roberta-Jane :)

Kate_Uhler
01-23-2005, 07:18 PM
RJ, I know this feeling.. :) Doesn't it feel like heaven.... like a gate opens... a forbidden area is no longer fobidden...

I'm still nervous about going the panties and bra section for some reason..... that is THE forbidden zone as far as I"m concerned.. hehehehe..

It must feel like a relief when what you love to do can be done with your loved ones.. like the feeling when you put two of your favorite friends together and they really like each other too.

It great to hear these stories..

kisses,
kate

Roberta-Jane
01-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Without digressing from my own thread too much, go for it. Although I am unable to dress fully at the moment I have still summoned up the courage to shop in the female side of some stores and bought undies and bras. If you shop without looking at anyone else (as you would do if you were looking for boy things) then no-one looks at you. Believe me it's true. The other women are too busy looking for their own purchases. Also my Dad always bought all of my mums undies. Don't know why but I 'm sure he wasn't CD.

Anyway the original feeling in the shoe shop is still makig me smile even now.

Hugs RJ

Tristen Cox
01-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Ah ha! I know that feeling all too well. Even though I had already mentioned my boots were for my 'female' aquaintence, the lady at the store asked me asked me at the register if I'd like to try them on to make sure they were the right size.(almost died..lol) It was very tempting though, but being a experienced buyer I couldn't justify fitting them when I knew they were right. I'm wondering though just how bad I was blushing when I reminded her "that's ok they're my gf". (LIAR!:p:D)

Holly
01-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Roberta-Jane,

How exciting for you! BTW, I'm Holly and I'm so happy to make your aquaintance.

Megan_Renee
01-23-2005, 09:22 PM
That's a lot better than my shoe buying experience. Bought some nice shoes with my wife and the cashier (in a rather snyde voice) said, "Wow, that's quite a jump in sizes." My wife's shoes were 5 1/2 and my shoes were 11's...

But we did hide around corners to try the shoes on so we were sure they fit...

Megan