PDA

View Full Version : What made you try?

Joanne_2003
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
I was just thinking today as I was putting on one of my bras, "why did I ever put the first bra on"? (I was about 14 years old) I don't know why I put it on, but I do remember enjoying the feeling so much I actually kept my mothers bra so I could wear it whenever I wanted.

Does anyone remember why they tried it on, do you have any regrets?

I don't know why, but I have never regretted it except for the one night my mother caught me in it.

Joanne

pantyhose_clare
01-05-2007, 04:31 PM
My first item was a pair of tights, saw girls walking around in them and wanted to copy them and see what they felt like.

kerrianna
01-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Couldn't tell you why, but I was very young, so who knows.

Never regretted it. It's always been a part of my life, just more open and accepting of it now. :happy:

melissaK
01-05-2007, 04:40 PM
I recall wearing girls underwear at age 4 or 5 (note sure why - it just seemed really important to do). Later, as a teen I know I did, but I can't recall the first time . . . for me its in the land of incomplete and repressed memories . . .

Amy Hepker
01-05-2007, 04:42 PM
No regrets here, I just wish my mom would have bought me a Bra and a Dress and Panties Ect, Ect, Ect

Amanda Jane
01-05-2007, 04:48 PM
been doing it longer than i remember / there are old photos of me in my sisters dress that i can't even remember / it went from being cute to troubling to me just being just being different / but i never changed / they did

Sweet Jane
01-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi

what made me try...I can only suppose my brain was wired up wrong...Yeah I'm not like all the other guys...

linnea
01-05-2007, 05:17 PM
No regrets, not even the slightest. My first experience with femme clothing was actually brought on by my mother who bought me girl's panties to wear throughout my elementary school years. She never said, "Here are some girl's panties." They were just what she bought for me, and I, somewhat naively, wore them. When I started junior high, she made sure that I had "jockey shorts" in the mode of the day, and again, I didn't really think about it because she didn't say, "now you're going to start wearing boy's underpants." And I never gave it much thought except to notice that they were "plainer" than what I had been wearing.
Meanwhile, I had started trying on some of my mother's clothes, something that began for me when I was about seven. At that time, my mother was pregnant with my younger brother, and (AND HERE'S THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION) I think that my initial motivation was to look like her--that is, pregnant. I say this because I recall that one day when I was in the basement of our house, I saw one of my mother's girdles--one of those latex ones that Playtex made--hanging on the line near our washer and dryer. No one else was down there, so I took the girdle and pulled it on and stuffed a towel into it. At the time, I don't remember thinking explicitly that I was acting like her, but as I look back on it, that's what I think that I was doing.
Well, I liked how it felt. And from then on, from time to time, I would put on one of her girdles or panties, eventually a bra and a girdle, and eventually more and more and more and more frequently.
That was my start.
I might add that my mother caught me that first time. She came down stairs and around the corner and said my name and "What are you doing?" I responded in a typical "kid" way by saying, "Nothing." She said nothing more then or ever, but turn around and went back upstairs.
Sorry to make this such a long answer, but I've thought about this a lot and in my case, there were some unusual circumstances. One part of the situation was that my mother's pregnancy was brought about by a relationship that she had with another man (other than my dad; he was hospitalized at the time and eventually died in the hospital about a year later). No one, including me, knew at the time that she was pregnant. She was concealing it pretty well as I have seen in some old photos of her from that time period. I think that I noticed it--in kid-like fashion--and emulated it by trying on her girdle. I suspect that she didn't confront me about the incident because she didn't want to take the chance that I might have discovered her secret. She had the baby, put it up for adoption, and until about ten years ago when my brother was about 45, I didn't know he existed.
So there it is. She's passed away (she did meet him before she died), and I can't ask about this now. I wish that I knew. She had always wanted a girl, but had three boys.

Kristen Marie
01-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I remember bra slips more than just a bra. My aunt had a couple of them and one of her friends that I babysat for had great ones. I can't believe I wore them around the house under a bulky shirt and no one noticed....

Kate Simmons
01-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I always loved girls and playing games with them(even though I liked playing guy games as well). I guess this was my way of getting closer to them. You want to be close to those you love, right?:happy:

jennifer ann
01-05-2007, 05:46 PM
For me it was pantyhose and heels. I guess I had been around 7 or 8 at the time when I would sneek my moms hose and heels down to the barn for a little play time. The only thing is she would catch me from time to time wearing them, But that didnt stop me!

hotbobbie
01-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I do not know why. Maybe it is the moth drawen to the light.

Amy07
01-05-2007, 06:29 PM
I think I was in my mid 30s before I got a bra. An older "40 and fabulous" female co-worker sold her house, and wanted to store some things in my basement before she moved into her new house. I said that's just fine with me. One day, I went downstairs, and saw a box of hers marked "bras and panties". I had to look! One thing lead to another, and I am a VS fan to this day.

Wonder if she ever missed that midnight blue matching set?

Joanne_2003
01-05-2007, 06:30 PM
The bra wasn't my first article of clothing I wore, my moms pink antron nylon panties and later her pantyhose were first. I still love wearing panties, but my first love is the bra, I don't know why!

Joanne

franvonceder
01-05-2007, 06:36 PM
It just seemed to evolve from when I was about 11. I remember finding one of my mother's bras in the airing cupboard and putting it in order to achieve my wish to be like a woman. I got a lot of pleasure from this at night in my bedroom. Gradually I managed to build up my collection of womens clothes and wore them in private. Since then I have times when guilt crept in and I got rid of my collection only to keep on rebuilding the collection!

PS - this site is one of the best things I found on the Internet. It is really great to communicate with other who have somee of the same feelings.

Lanore
01-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Gosh, I wore so many of my moms cloths, that it's hard to pin point one single item. It didn't feel bad, just natural.

Lanore

Carlacd
01-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Easy answer, because "it was there"

ElleCD
01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
A girdle and a pair of stockings. I wanted to know how it would look and feel although I was pretty sure i would like it. There was also a sense of the mysterious or forbidden. The rest, as they say, is history

Amy07
01-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I agree Elle. With Mom and a sister hanging their stockings and other lingerie to dry in the bathroom, I was somehow compelled to try them on. Seemed the ultimate "wrong thing to do", but felt so right.

serinalynn
01-05-2007, 07:47 PM
I was just thinking today as I was putting on one of my bras, "why did I ever put the first bra on"? (I was about 14 years old) I don't know why I put it on, but I do remember enjoying the feeling so much I actually kept my mothers bra so I could wear it whenever I wanted.

Does anyone remember why they tried it on, do you have any regrets?

I don't know why, but I have never regretted it except for the one night my mother caught me in it.

Joanne

My first item was my mothers panties. The first pair was white and of nylon tricot material. and then there was a full slip. what a rush! :cheer: :cute:
after that I just wanted to be a girl full time.

bredalee25
01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't know what made me put that first item on i just wanted to wear it. It was my cousins botton up halter top and i was six years old. She was at my house wearing it and i wanted to wear it so i asked her if i could and she took it off and handed it to me and i put it on. My mom walked in the living room and saw me wearing it and freaked out told me to take it off and give it back to her. It wasn't til around twelve that i started wearing my moms bras the rest is as they say history.

ttfn

Angie G
01-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Joanne idon't remember why but I did and no regrets but my wife don't want me wearing one:hugs:
Angie

Jere Oneil
01-06-2007, 05:33 AM
I guess the first time I put on one of my mom's Bras. I just wanted to be more girly. As a boy, more than half of my platmates were girls. I even had two drink and wet baby dolls of my own. It was difficult for me to ask my mom to but me one for Christmas, but I did it and she bought it for me. On another note, I can vaguely remember sitting at my mom's vanity in her bra, panties and a full slip, applying lipstick when my grandpa walked in on me. I don't remember a lot of what happened afterwards, except that I got a good talking to and a spanking. The one thing I do remember was that my mom wasn't upset with me for wearing women's clothing, just for stealong her things. I must have been 10 to 12 at the time, because after that I got too big to wear her things.

franvonceder
01-06-2007, 06:47 AM
I'm in away surprised, because I used to think there was something wrong with me wanting to wear pritty womens clothes, ut in a way I'm not! It so nice to here about all you other part time "girls".

eleventhdr
01-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Because way down deep in the old brain was a girl crying to get out.

She was what I was suppose to have been all along.

But was not she is really me!

And besides who ever said it was wrong to want to be female.

Oh welll!

Suzy!

DianaJ
01-06-2007, 07:46 AM
I was about 14 also when I first put on a bra, that was after i was in panties, pantyhose, and heels. I loved it. Now I'm all girl baby.

Angela E.
01-06-2007, 08:31 AM
The first things were panties and nylons.I was very young.Soon I was dressing in dresses and skirts,blouses, heels etc.I would wear my mothers clothes at every opportunity,of course I eventually got caught.My mother wanted a girl anyway so she was cool with it,my father,on the other hand absolutely flipped out(he found out a couple of years later).To answer your question,no regrets whatsoever,and I first put on a bra to more completely become a girl,I`m still working on filling one out,but that`s coming along quite nicely.:hugs: Angela.:yrtw: :doll: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Alice460
01-06-2007, 08:44 AM
I started later in life to dress. I put my first bra on in my 20's. I just wanted to see what it felt like and to see my figure in a mirror, with a more femine look. I really do not have regrets, just a little guilt at times. I remember buying my first bra and having to return it for the right size, and it was exciting.

chantal rebbecca
01-06-2007, 11:32 AM
i was always interested in how it would feel to try something first bra was my sisters. woreit one night to bed,and loved it

Penny
01-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I was 11 and playing with a friend. We went into his sister's bedrooom and he encouraged me to try on one of her bras as he did. That feeling stuck with me and now I am stuck with something (anatomically speaking) I don't need.

Wenda
01-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I have posted on similar topics in older threads. When I was very young, my mom's younger sister, and my older cousin, (daughter of my mom's older sister) used to get stuck babysitting me. They were in their early teens at the time, before the advent of Barbie, so I became their real life plaything. I don't remember much of it, but I have seen some old pics with my hair getting the Toni home perm, curls, etc. Then I turned 6 and went to school, and had to 'act like a man'. I was ok with that, but missed the femme stuff. .My mom was flat-chested, but had a great 36C strapless bra that I wore more than she did, up until I was about 17. I am sure she must have known, because the bra got laundered a few times when she had never worn it. She had a nice half slip that I used to wear, and some skirts with stretch waist-bands, but the bra was my favourite. Buying my first really good set of breast forms a couple of years ago was a dream come true. w.

Lorna
01-06-2007, 06:10 PM
With no sisters to learn from, I knew little about girls but, at puberty, began to take an interest in those I saw around me - neighbours, girls on their way to school, etc. I think I just wanted to find out what it was like to wear a skirt instead of trousers and tried on an old grey pleated one of my mother's. I remember rolling the waistband to make it shorter. Then I noticed girls about my age starting to wear stockings and I wondered how that felt, too. At that time I don't think I knew about suspender belts (which those girls probably wore) but I knew about girdles because that's what my mother wore. So, the only means available to me to hold up stockings was to "borrow" one of my mother's old girdles. I found a waist slip which felt lovely against the stockings and also a blue and white summer skirt which was flared - and I loved the feeling of freedom that gave my legs yet contrasted with the tightness of the girdle, suspenders and stockings beneath. That, I decided, must be how those attractive girls felt when I saw them walking down the street or waiting at the bus stop. I just wanted to experience what they experienced....and I still do some 50 years later!

MelindaC
01-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Well, I had a thing about girdles ever since I was about 5, although I couldn't quite figure out why for a long time. Then one day, when I was 11, I just had an overwhelming urge to try on a girdle.

So I borrowed one of mom's, which just happened to be a Playtex latex rubber open bottom girdle with a zipper on the left side. It took a little bit to figure out how to put it on properly (i.e., wriggle into it), but I finally had it on properly. Then I found a pair of stockings, slipped them on, and hooked them up to the garters on the girdle.

I have to say that the feeling of the girdle's firmness and the tug of the garters on the stockings as you moved about was utterly fantastic!! It was unbelievable!! I had shivers from such a wonderful feeling.From that moment on I knew I was to forever be a dyed-in-the-wool girdle wearer. I'm 60+ now and I still wear a girdle, even at this very moment. And my favorite is still a Playtex girdle.

As time went on, I eventually started buying my own clothes. You can't imagine how wonderful it was when I went to the store and bought my own girdles, my first bras, slips, dresses, stockings and heels --- and them out them all on as soon as I got home!!

I've built my wardrobe over time to dress completely en femme. But it was the curiosity about a girdle and then finally putting it on that started it all. Why??? I'm not sure, but I know I have a very strong feminine side --- there is a woman inside screaming and clawing to get out. Perhaps that element was there way back when and it just manifested itself by the need to wear a girdle.

marie354
01-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Mine was my sister's. I got fully dressed that day. I'll never forget it.
Don't really understand the ''why'' about it, but it felt real nice to look pretty in her dress.
:hugs:

JuliaCD
01-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Isn't it interesting how many of us (including me) say the same thing: "I have no idea why I started, I just did. It felt right and still does."

~J.

suchacutie
01-06-2007, 11:49 PM
my wife and I were talking and she commented on how good my legs looked...so for fun I bought some shiny stockings and the platforms in my avatar. She gave me a garter belt, and when I modeled them the first thing she wanted to do was buy me a dress. She could just not get over my legs!

the rest is becoming history! quite a girl I married, huh? :)

tina

suzy
01-07-2007, 06:18 AM
My first feminine item to wear was pantyhose. I resisted wearing feminine clothes until later in my years. I knew that I was drawn to wearing feminine clothes and had wanted to for such a long time. So finally I elected to wear pantyhose under my work clothes, especially during winter. It was a bit easier to explain to my wife, because I worked out doors. This progressed to wearing more and more and today I am able to dress fully and have a supportive wife to help and encourage me.:D

Helen MC
01-07-2007, 09:10 AM
I had always been a bit girly, I hated team sports, rough and tumble games etc (and still do hate them) and was more to the feminine side of life. I hated male underpants especially the undershorts that boys and men wore then in the UK and the later Y-Front briefs. Somethinng about Girls' and Women's knickers (panties) always attracted me and one day when I was 12 I took a pair of my big sister's white cotton knickers (full briefs) and tried them on instead of my Y-Fronts and wore them under my trousers for the rest of the day and was hooked. The rest is history. I was to progress to wearing her skirts, bras , stockings etc and my Mum's panties when I filled out a bit in my teens and they were no longer too big for me as well as her dresses, skirts, slips etc when alone at home.

Chelsea A
01-07-2007, 07:58 PM
when i was 13 i went into my moms rom while i was home alone and started going through her clothes and wearing different things with make up and i just loved how femenine it felt so i kept doing that until she caught me. Then once i moved out i bought some of my own clothes and lived feme until i get most of my surgery (still waiting on SRS but i have implants and everything else i want).
I have no regrets about it.

melissaK
01-08-2007, 10:48 AM
And, it looks like we all did. So the Force is with us?

(OK the threads old now and I can post the silly thought that I first had in response to the thread title - - - )

Hugs
'lissa

diane59
01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Growing up with 4 sisters, Mom & no man of the house other than myself, It was kind of a "kid in a candy store" type of atmosphere. Although the family had an idea what I was doing, none of them really ever "confronted" me with any issues. (Now if I can only relive those days, knowing what I know now)

wabnaok
01-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I do not know.

vbcdgrl
01-08-2007, 05:51 PM
My thing, when I was a kid, was my mom's slips.
I guess the thing that starts most of us is this strange curiosity. What sparks that curiosity? Who knows!
In the past, I was on a guilt trip about my CDing, but, in the last 5 years or so, I've learned to accept myself and integrate my CDing into my life. I'm happy with both of my personnas.

Vikki

Tee
01-08-2007, 08:41 PM
its probably about 7-9 years old. its was my mum bra and panties, i think.
its was there and i tried it on. later, i found my sister's one fit better.
i always wonder what really prompted me to. never think i need an answer.

MelanieD
01-08-2007, 08:47 PM
The first time i tried anything on i was 13/14. i was in my mother's room and came across a small skimpy nurses (anne summers) outfit, so i put that on and had to complete the look with fishnets, white cotton panties and really high heels. It felt so good it's undescribable. since then i do what i can 2 feel tarty b4 i get 2 old :)

Glenda58
01-08-2007, 08:50 PM
About 4 when the neighbor girl want to exchange cloths behind the the shed. I was hook from then on. Stealing Mom's panties and slips putting on at night. At 11 did skit in boy scouts where I was the girl they dress me up with full makeup bra and hose. Now I can't get dress enough.

Mary Morgan
01-08-2007, 08:54 PM
I think I had to. It is what young girls do, and I wanted to be a girl. Sadly, it wasn't a magic bra.

MJ
01-08-2007, 09:02 PM
pantyhose and heels for me , my sisters had them all over the house , and the rest is history

clarksburgmd
01-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Kerrianna,
I'm brand new here and to CD. To see the Bruce quote is so reaffirming to me. I love Bruce's music, been seeing him since the No Contra Aid benefit in DC in @ 86.
Thanx for the vibe!
Eddie

Lilith Moon
01-09-2007, 05:50 AM
I had a need to look "girly" from a very early age. I remember standing up in my high sided cot and wrapping my bedsheets around myself to make a "skirt" or sometimes a "cloak". I could see myself in a mirror on the nearby dresser and used to watch myself do little twirls. I must have been just 3 or 4 years old. Years later I was more mobile and discovered my mothers lingerie drawer...all far too big for me but that didn't stop me from trying :happy:

wendy
01-09-2007, 09:45 AM
my very first ever girl's clothing was a pair of tights. I was in grade 1 or 2 and it was for a school play (christmas I believe). I was chosen to play an elf, and it required me to wear a pair of tights. I didn't have any so one of the girls on my class said she would bring a pair for me to wear.

Charleen
01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Why did I try on a bra for the first time? 'Cause I wanted breasts. Got lucky on that as my mom was flat chested and wore padded bras!
Started at 3 or 4 walking in her high heels, and changing clothes with my girl friends.
At 13/14 really got into mom's things. Had to. I wanted to be a girl. If I knew then what I know now, and the world was different then, I probably would have transitioned at 18!
Que sara. Today, I'm happy to be comfortable with who I am, and present my femmine self at all times, even in drab. Long and polished nails, long hair, 5 rings 2 of which are all femme, charm bracelet, and brown mascara. When not at work, I add some eye shadow, and lip gloss, and wear all femme.
Love and xxxx, Lily

Marla
01-09-2007, 03:27 PM
I loved wearing my moms lipstick and bras and later on my first wife's pretty lengerie. I guess we're wired differently than most but isn't it fun!? When I don't have a bra on (especially with boobies) I don't feel right. I've given up trying to figure it out, I just go with it! Love Marla

Tara Michele
01-09-2007, 05:25 PM
But then found lots of fun stuff in my Mother's drawers. Don't even remember when the attraction started. I am told (by my mother) that when I was very young I would feel her soft clothing and would enjoy feeling satiny clothing in the store when shopping with her.

Samantha Jane Foster
01-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I feel weird here because when I was a kid I didn't try on any of my mom's clothing. I was pretty smart, I guess, and I knew very early on that my two brothers would beat me up if they caught me. And our religion was so strict I knew I'd go to Hell if I did anything like that. So it wasn't until I was 22 or 23, and I tried on one of my mom's dresses. What made me try? I don't know. I hated looking like and being a man.